RicoCeltic
gacracker
Sam
mrkleen09
LACELTFAN
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CAN WE BEAT GOLDEN STATE AT HOME...... Empty CAN WE BEAT GOLDEN STATE AT HOME......

Post by LACELTFAN Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:37 pm

PLEASE!!!!!!!!
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

CAN WE BEAT GOLDEN STATE AT HOME...... Empty Re: CAN WE BEAT GOLDEN STATE AT HOME......

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:07 am

Lets mark you down as jumping off the bandwagon on November 14th.

And when the team is playing deep into June, we will remind you.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

CAN WE BEAT GOLDEN STATE AT HOME...... Empty Re: CAN WE BEAT GOLDEN STATE AT HOME......

Post by 112288 Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:09 am

mrkleen09 wrote:Lets mark you down as jumping off the bandwagon on November 14th.

And when the team is playing deep into June, we will remind you.

Are you sure you mean jumping off the band wagon or jumping off a bridge?

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:06 am

Actually, I was never on the bandwagon mrkleen...I didn't buy into it when people were talking 70+ and I don't think that this funk will last too long either. I was trying to make light of a rough moment. Things have gone south incredibly quickly...too fast, really for it to be real....These guys didn't age 10 years overnight...the ship will right itself....it is kind of a looking glass moment though.
On the other hand, it's tough to say based on what we've seen exactly where this team fits in- big picture wise.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:23 am

I know LACeltFan quite well, and he's no bandwagon fan. But he very badly wants the Celtics to win games, and losses can be frustrating.

If Don Nelson is still with the Warriors when they come to town, I hope the Boston fans (at least those who remember) will give him a warm greeting reflective of someone who is within 24 games of being the winningest regular-season coach of all-time. And, if the Warriors should fire or demote him just before the team is to play in Boston, they need a soul transplant.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:29 am

Thanks Sam...
Just an attempt at black humor.....This team will find itself. Can't say whether they'll win a championship but they will make a damn good run at it for sure.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:53 am

On the brighter side, a Mister Charles M. Manson just turned 75 years young in sunny Corcoran, CA.

Getting old is a bitch, ain't it fella? Razz

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by RicoCeltic Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Another example of some guys who can't see the things the way they are (MRKLEEN). LACELTFAN is feeling the same way we are all feeling even the MR KLEEN but he just won't admit it. I think we will get better as the season goes on, at least I hope so. LACELTFAN I hear you brother, frustrating.
RicoCeltic
RicoCeltic

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:51 pm

Well, I'll say it once more and that's it....Black Humor, in the moment. I predict a fun season no matter what the outcome...Hang it there C's fans...they will figure this out.
I was going to start another black humor thread pointing out that it wasn't the addition of the big 3 that brought the C's banner 17, it turns out that it was the guy with the broken thumb who loves to take off his shirt...Please hurry back Glen and save this thing!!! But I spared you all....Your welcome.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:25 am

Well at least times are interesting...Celtics, Lakers, Orlando, Cleveland, Spurs....have all had their "Whats going on here...." moments. Maybe that's good for the NBA....keeps us guessing more....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:30 am

LACELTFAN wrote:Well at least times are interesting...Celtics, Lakers, Orlando, Cleveland, Spurs....have all had their "Whats going on here...." moments. Maybe that's good for the NBA....keeps us guessing more....

LA,

You've hit on an often repeated Chinese curse that's appropriate for the sports fan and all of us after the last two Celtics games;

"May you live in interesting times".

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:46 am

Can we beat anybody?

The good news is that the dysfunctional GSW, who play the worst kind of helter-skelter game I've had the misfortune of watching in a while, just traded Stephen Jackson for Raja Bell and Vladmanovic.

Raja's a very good defender whose best years are behind him. Vladmanovic is the one who got impaled by Pierce in the '08 Finals against LA (Vlad the Impalee?). The chances of an already dysfunctional team becoming a more functional team by replacing one player with 2 new ones is not very promising.

Thank God I'm a Celtic fan and only rent the GSW. GSW just went from being "ick" to "I need to take a shower".

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:05 pm

Bob

I see Acie Law made it a 2 for 2 swap but even then.....

Could this mean a spot for Allen Iverson at Golden State?
Might as well do it and bring new meaning to and new levels to the term....

DYSFUNCTIONAL!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Bob,

As an old-time Warrior fan, it pains me to see the state of the franchise. It's been bad for so long that I'm just numb to it now. I resisted even responding to this thread because I prefer to not think about it.

There's not much about the franchise I'd keep, starting with the idiot owner Cohan and continuing through the front office to Nellie (who used to be a respected coach but is a joke now) and three fourths of the roster. "Jack up a three, no D" Vlad is a perfect fit for them. They probably only got Raja Bell to play defense in practice so that they can simulate what they'll see in games. It's a roster loaded with players who are selfish and/or castoffs. Stephen Jackson just couldn't get along with Nellie or the other selfish castoffs. Lord help Warriors fans.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:00 pm

Outside wrote:Bob,

As an old-time Warrior fan, it pains me to see the state of the franchise. It's been bad for so long that I'm just numb to it now. I resisted even responding to this thread because I prefer to not think about it.

There's not much about the franchise I'd keep, starting with the idiot owner Cohan and continuing through the front office to Nellie (who used to be a respected coach but is a joke now) and three fourths of the roster. "Jack up a three, no D" Vlad is a perfect fit for them. They probably only got Raja Bell to play defense in practice so that they can simulate what they'll see in games. It's a roster loaded with players who are selfish and/or castoffs. Stephen Jackson just couldn't get along with Nellie or the other selfish castoffs. Lord help Warriors fans.

Outside

outside,

I concur, unfortunately. You cracked me up when you said they'd only use Raja in practice for simulation purposes. Defense is something the Warrior players see in video games, not on the court for real. That's because it's harder to get on Sportscenter playing defense.

When loose cannon Stephen Jackson is driving the bus, 24-year old ME-baller Monta Ellis thinks he's God and Anthony Randolph is mouthing off about the coach, you know things are bad in Baghdad-by-the-Bay. The untimely injuries to Biedrins (a typical Euro-softie on defense but who has the softest hands of any big man in the game today) and Turiaf (the only real man on the whole team, in my eyes, despite being Euro) aren't helping team cohesion either. I just hope they don't don't poison Curry. He's looking like a pretty well-balanced player, so far.

I was rooting for the Warriors, but enjoyed little 6'1" Brandon Jennings' game the other night. I'm not sure he could have done that against another team, though, one who can spell defense. I was repeatedly yelling at the TV "HE'S GOING TO DRIBBLE TO THE TOP OF THE KEY AND SHOOT!! STEP UP AND CONTEST HIM!!" and sure enough, that's what he kept doing. It was like a video game stuck in a loop. Did Nellie or any of the Warrior backcourt see that though? Not a chance. Still, it's always fascinating when you see a player in "the zone". He was completely unconscious that night.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:09 pm

beat wrote:Bob

I see Acie Law made it a 2 for 2 swap but even then.....

Could this mean a spot for Allen Iverson at Golden State?
Might as well do it and bring new meaning to and new levels to the term....

DYSFUNCTIONAL!!

beat

beat,

We got guards. Too many guards, even with 'Buike out. Too many ME-ballers, in general. Think AI would help fix that? If Allen Iverson is "The Answer", then the question has to be "who is one of the most selfish, self-centered players in NBA history?"

We're dysfunctional enough already, thank you very much, but thanks for the thought. :-)

I just looked up salaries. Bell, who's the better player, is in his final contract year and Vlad is getting $6.5M for this year AND next year. So we might lose Bell at the end of this year but we're going to be stuck with Vlad next year too. Will the ignominies never end. It's like death by a thousand paper cuts...

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Outside wrote:Bob,

Outside
Outside,
Thank you for handing me a laugh...."Only got Raja Bell to play defense in practice so they can simulate what they'll see in games."
Keeping a sense of humor is an important part of being a sports fan, especially a Warrior fan.... Go Warriors...Unless the play the C's....of course.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:42 pm

NYCelt wrote:
LACELTFAN wrote:Well at least times are interesting...Celtics, Lakers, Orlando, Cleveland, Spurs....have all had their "Whats going on here...." moments. Maybe that's good for the NBA....keeps us guessing more....

LA,

You've hit on an often repeated Chinese curse that's appropriate for the sports fan and all of us after the last two Celtics games;

"May you live in interesting times".

Regards

NYC,

Is that a blessing, or a curse???

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:47 pm

bobheckler wrote:We got guards. Too many guards, even with 'Buike out. Too many ME-ballers, in general. Think AI would help fix that? If Allen Iverson is "The Answer", then the question has to be "who is one of the most selfish, self-centered players in NBA history?"

We're dysfunctional enough already, thank you very much, but thanks for the thought. :-)

I just looked up salaries. Bell, who's the better player, is in his final contract year and Vlad is getting $6.5M for this year AND next year. So we might lose Bell at the end of this year but we're going to be stuck with Vlad next year too. Will the ignominies never end. It's like death by a thousand paper cuts...

bob

Why not Iverson? May as well let Golden State serve as the place to quarantine these guys from the rest of the league. Plus he can teach the half-hearted me-ballers what me-ballin' is all about.

"Will the ignominies never end. It's like death by a thousand paper cuts..." Thanks for making me laugh in return. This sums up life for a Warriors fan. Our glory days are so far in the past that my avatar looks like a Cro-Magnon cave drawing in France.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:31 pm

Bob,

Trivia question. Who coined the term "Baghdad by the Bay?"

Hint (although you probably won't need one): The same person who coined the term "Beatnik."

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:42 pm

Sam wrote:Bob,

Hint (although you probably won't need one): The same person who coined the term "Beatnik."

Sam

Sam,

I know. My question is, how on earth did you know??

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:57 pm

Sam wrote:Bob,

Sam

sam,

It'd be pretty strange if I didn't know who coined it, since that would mean I pulled that out by myself. Aside from an obscure reference (Baghdad? Bay?), I'm not that clever.

The progenitor of that phrase is the dearly missed and much beloved Herb Caen. He wrote for the San Francisco Chronicle from 1938 until his death in 1997. He took some time off in the 50's to write for the San Francisco Examiner and to write his book of essays titled "Baghdad by the Bay", which is about his adopted home of San Francisco (he was from Sacramento). He described his style of writing as "three dot journalism", since it was broken up into short little vignettes. Ultimately, his heart was with the Chronicle and that's where he went back to until his last column in 1997.

I loved reading his stuff and never missed a day. He took a city that is already one of the most beautiful in the world and gave it mystique. When I moved to the bay area in 1992, I loved SF, but was completely ignorant of all the little neighborhoods and their delightful, individual uniquenesses. Herb Caen cured me of that.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:17 pm

Bob,

I know I told you some of this, but I started going to San Fran in 1966 and 1968 (the years surrounding the "Summer of Love." I immediately became transfixed by Herb's journalism, and he is still one of my heroes. Throughout the years, one of my favorite things in the world was breakfast at Zim's (diner-style) while reading Herb. I religiously cut out every article I read, and I now have a pretty substantial scrapbook of Herb Caen articles.

I called him once from Boston to plant a tidbit in one of his articles. Then I finally summoned my courage during an SFO trip and went down the the Chronicle office to try to meet him. It didn't happen because he was "on deadline," but he did spend about 15 minutes talking with me on the lobby phone about writing. I recall driving through the eucalyptus trees in the Presidio immediately afterwards and reflecting on the fact that life would never again be so good. (And it's possible I was right.)

I was devastated to hear the news about his cancer and again when he died. I had an affiliate SFO company send me the Chronicle from every day in the weeks surrounding his death, and that material is now in the scrapbook. I believe I owon all his books, including the children's one.

Now, whenever I visit San Fran, I must always visit the street named for Herb to pay homage to him. I just wish Zim's were still there.

SFO Party Time in April. You read it here first. I don't care how big or small the party is. We're having a board party in San Francisco in April.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:26 pm

I am in the upper haight right now. Listening to Keith richards.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:39 pm

jeb65 wrote:I am in the upper haight right now. Listening to Keith richards.
great music to go with a great place to be ... what was he playing? (one thing he would do with the Stones was, he would put an amp next to Charlie Watts so that Charlie could keep to Keith's beat - Keith was the one set the rhythm and tempo ... )

Michael in Denver
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next