Outside
Sam
tjmakz
steve3344
cowens/oldschool
20 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4  - Page 6 Empty Re: The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4

Post by tjmakz Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:50 pm

beat wrote:And who do you think will trade 2 young players for oldish damaged goods? Even if the salaries fall in line.

And Nashs injury is serious enough to keep him out for who knows how long.....and being older makes the healing process a tad bit longer too. So now your the team Dr too I see.........when it is healed it's healed........LMAO

Small crack in a bone that supports you standing and running to a great degree, is not serious? So he may miss 30, 35 ??? 40 games??? So when does it become "serious"?

beat

I am not going to speculate who LA could trade Gasol for.
I wouldn't say Pau is damaged goods. He says he has some aching in his knees.
Don't you think Boston would love to have Gasol for the next two years to compete for a championship with Rondo, Garnett and Pierce?
Boston could probably land Pau in a 3 way trade without giving up a starter.

Originally, the Lakers doctors felt Nash's injury was pretty insignificant and that he could return in 1-4 weeks.
In looking at the positive side of Nash's injury, I am happy that Nash won't have to play a full 82 game schedule.
Unfortunately, with Nash being out and due to LA's start, even if they get it together, I don't expect that they would have home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs, even more so since they have played 12 home games and 6 road games.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4  - Page 6 Empty Re: The Lakers' Season after Starting 1-4

Post by tjmakz Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:00 pm

sam wrote:TJ,

You have to expect to defend the Lakers. After all, Celtics fans have nothing to worry about when it comes to the Celtics, seeing as how the Celts have started 17-0 and will probably clinch the division title within the next week-or-so. LOL

Please note that I typed "LOL" above. That automatically means no one can criticize this post.

Sam

Sam,

The Lakers have been nothing but a soap opera from the time they traded for Nash and Howard.
I have been a huge Lakers fan since I was 8 years old.
I do defend the Lakers but try to do so with a pretty open mind.
I don't mind hearing criticism after Lakers losses. I am glad that I have the opportunity to give a rebuttal, which I am allowed to do here and in this thread.
I expect that there will be much better times for the Lakers and their fans in the next month or two.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:21 pm

tj

Whos gonna fix their problems first, our rebounding or your defense? I think when Avery Bradley comes back our defense will pick up, the rebounding who knows, maybe Sully grows into a glass eater? so whats up with your defense, any ideas?

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 pm

TJ,

I expect you're absolutely right. Although I root for the Celtics, I recognize that—above all other teams in the league (maybe the Spurs come close), the Celtics and Lakers are the most professional. The fans of both teams have every right to duplicate my mantra, "See me in April."

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:19 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:tj

Whos gonna fix their problems first, our rebounding or your defense? I think when Avery Bradley comes back our defense will pick up, the rebounding who knows, maybe Sully grows into a glass eater? so whats up with your defense, any ideas?

cow

cow,

I expect that LA and Boston will be looking to be very active starting 12/15 to strengthen their weaknesses.
Boston has players that they could use to get a trade for a true center.
Boston could get a very good big man by trading one of their forwards and one of their guards and/or a draft picks.
I feel Boston absolutely needs to add a big man that will provide rim protection and offense.
What would happen to Boston if KG went down for a period of time?
I think Sullinger will be a solid rotation player, maybe similar to BBD, and will excel in offense because he shoots the ball well, is smart, and has a good sense for the game, but I think he will struggle with defense and rebounding.

With the Lakers, things are not nearly as cut and dry as they are with Boston.
With Nash being on the bench almost the whole year and the changes in the offense and defense, we really don't know what the Lakers biggest weakness will be.
So far, their biggest weaknesses have been turnovers and terrible pg play. It's not just the horrendous stats of the pg's (offense and defense), it's the way that they have failed to direct the offense and control the tempo.

The Lakers really only have one trade chip, and that is Pau Gasol.
Boston has very solid bench players, young players and draft picks that they can use to solidify their team via a trade or two.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:47 am

tj

Your talking mostly personel, I'm asking more as if your coaching, can you come up with anything to improve your teams defense? On the C's, I was impressed with Sullys rebounding in limited minutes, in a few instances when he was matched up with Kevin Love last night he showed me he belonged, had one great hustle play for a Tommy point. The refs are still calling him for every little ticky tack foul for just breathing on someone it seems.

With all that said we outrebounded Wolves, a strong rebounding team, so maybe there is some hope. I'm hoping Sully can eventually be allowed to play by the refs and really see what he can do and last night was a definite small glimmer. Didn't see the game, but see your team really shutdown Austin Rivers on the boxscore, assuming last night your defense played well.

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:44 am

Your talking mostly personel, I'm asking more as if your coaching, can you come up with anything to improve your teams defense? On the C's, I was impressed with Sullys rebounding in limited minutes, in a few instances when he was matched up with Kevin Love last night he showed me he belonged, had one great hustle play for a Tommy point. The refs are still calling him for every little ticky tack foul for just breathing on someone it seems.

With all that said we outrebounded Wolves, a strong rebounding team, so maybe there is some hope. I'm hoping Sully can eventually be allowed to play by the refs and really see what he can do and last night was a definite small glimmer. Didn't see the game, but see your team really shutdown Austin Rivers on the boxscore, assuming last night your defense played well.

cow

The Lakers have had some bad defensive 4th quarters but they are 8th in defensive efficiency which is the amount of points that a team gives up per 100 posessions.
They are also tied for 8th in opponents fg percentage.
Those numbers would be closer to the top if they could control the amount of turnovers they have committed which often results in easy baskets.
The Lakers defense hasn't been as shaky as people think it has been.

Austin Rivers has been shut down by every team this year.
He is shooting 28% this year.
I am not one that thinks Austin will have a successful NBA career.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:55 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lakers-reportedly-turn-down-pau-gasol-trade-offers-194801945--nba.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:28 am

Lakers will ride it out one way or another.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:16 am

tjmakz wrote:

cow

The Lakers have had some bad defensive 4th quarters but they are 8th in defensive efficiency which is the amount of points that a team gives up per 100 posessions.
Those numbers would be closer to the top if they could control the amount of turnovers they have committed which often results in easy baskets.

TJ,

Re: Austin Rivers.

If you've seen him play at all the whole problem can be summed up in one statement; he should have stayed at Duke. There is no single component of his game that is ready for this level of play.

At issue now is if he can develop his game at this level by being thrown into the fire. Although I'm rooting for the kid I'd say the odds are against him becoming a factor in the NBA. Complimentary role player, perhaps, but his shooting is going to have to improve dramatically for that to ever happen.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:52 am

NYCelt wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

cow

TJ,

If you've seen him play at all the whole problem can be summed up in one statement; he should have stayed at Duke. There is no single component of his game that is ready for this level of play.

At issue now is if he can develop his game at this level by being thrown into the fire. Although I'm rooting for the kid I'd say the odds are against him becoming a factor in the NBA. Complimentary role player, perhaps, but his shooting is going to have to improve dramatically for that to ever happen.

Regards

NYCelt,

I agree that Austin Rivers should have stayed at Duke.
I don't think Duke or NO really knows what position he should play.
He can play pg or sg but does not excel in either of them.
I think Austin wants to be more of a scorer in the NBA but with his ball handling ability, he should develop into more of a play maker.

I saw as many highlights of Austin when he was in HS as I do now. He went to school in Winter Park, FL which is a little more then an hour from me.
There is a kid that goes to a rival school of WInter Park. His name is Kasey Hill and he is a senior at Monteverde Acedemy.
He is a better player then Austin is at this point.
Kasey reminds me of a Rondo 2. Big hands, long arms, great deception with the ball, great handle, great leaping ability.
Kasey finishes stronger at the rim then Rondo does but that is because he is playing against HS kids and not NBA players.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:59 am

NYCelt wrote:TJ,

Regards
I didn't see him a whole lot at Duke, but I agree with NYCelt's assessment wholeheartedly. He's not physically mature enough yet to deal with bigger, stronger athletes in the NBA who are just as fast and have as good or better skills. The most surprising thing is that I thought his shooting was a strong point, but that apparently isn't so.

It also doesn't help that he's a tweener, not big enough for a shooting guard but doesn't have the skillset and acumen for a point guard. That's not necessarily a death knell for his career -- Avery Bradley is a good example of a tweener guard who has done well -- but he's going to have to hit the weights, watch a lot of tape, and work on his game.

So many of these kids are used to being the best player on the court, but when they get to the NBA, their confidence takes a jolt when they find out they aren't that good anymore. We'll see if he has what it takes to pick up the pieces and find a spot in this league. Playing overseas for a year or two might not be the worst thing for him.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:50 pm

just tuned into the Lakers game, they scored only 38 points vs Jazz at the half and the commentators, LA guys are talking about how bad the defense was in the first half.....I'm gonna watch.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:01 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:just tuned into the Lakers game, they scored only 38 points vs Jazz at the half and the commentators, LA guys are talking about how bad the defense was in the first half.....I'm gonna watch.

38?
They scored 51 at the half.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:19 pm

yahoo sports had the score at 38, must have been an earlier 2nd quarter score, Lakers came back in 3rd, close game

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:21 pm

Kanter eating up Lakers inside

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:35 pm

commentators asking are we gonna see movement or is Kobe gonna dominate the ball? 12-2 Jazz run, bad Kobe jacking /missing shots.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 am

When Kobe scores 30 or more this year the Lakers are 1-9. Tonight LA scored 110 points, hit a tremendous % of their threes (15 for 28), got 17 offensive rebounds and still lost to Utah 117-110.

Defense? Non-existant. And there wasn't even any hack-a-Howard tonight as Dwight only went to the free throw line twice (1 for 2).

Kobe shooting 9 for 24 didn't help, and that poor shooting, even though he had 34 points (0 rebounds, 3 assists - all he did was shoot), was one of the reasons for LA's demise tonight. Kobe shoots 37.5%, rest of the Lakers shoot 50.8%. Antawn Jamison, filling in for Gasol was useless, yanked after 16 unproductive minutes on 1 for 6 shooting, 3 points.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:27 am

poor Lakers they are 9-12, Mettaworldidiot was benched for most of 4th as D'Antoni tried Meeks at 2 with Kobe at 3.....maybe it worked on offense, but I don't see any trademarks of D'Antoni's offense, to his credit I don't see team running floor and shooting within 8 seconds, but what is his offense? Kobe jacks shots at will and they threw alot of crosscourt passes that got intercepted leading to turnovers. Defensively they have regressed under D'Antoni, the commentators including Big Game James Worthy were ripping their defense, Big Al playing with back spasms didn't even have to carry them as again were alot of wide open looks on perimeter and easy baskets down low off backcuts and ball movement.

I said this point earlier in thread, I don't understand how you can have Howard, Metta and Kobe on the floor together and be this bad on defense, add in a Gasol or Jordan Hill and why is this defense so bad? it shouldn't be like this, not this bad defensively.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:33 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:poor Lakers they are 9-12, Mettaworldidiot was benched for most of 4th as D'Antoni tried Meeks at 2 with Kobe at 3.....maybe it worked on offense, but I don't see any trademarks of D'Antoni's offense, to his credit I don't see team running floor and shooting within 8 seconds, but what is his offense? Kobe jacks shots at will and they threw alot of crosscourt passes that got intercepted leading to turnovers. Defensively they have regressed under D'Antoni, the commentators including Big Game James Worthy were ripping their defense, Big Al playing with back spasms didn't even have to carry them as again were alot of wide open looks on perimeter and easy baskets down low off backcuts and ball movement.

I said this point earlier in thread, I don't understand how you can have Howard, Metta and Kobe on the floor together and be this bad on defense, add in a Gasol or Jordan Hill and why is this defense so bad? it shouldn't be like this, not this bad defensively.

Well, Kobe's 34, Metta's 33 and Dwight may still be a bit tentative in his moves following his back surgery. He certainly hasn't looked as quick on defense this year as in past years.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:34 am

steve3344 wrote:When Kobe scores 30 or more this year the Lakers are 1-9. Tonight LA scored 110 points, hit a tremendous % of their threes (15 for 28), got 17 offensive rebounds and still lost to Utah 117-110.

Defense? Non-existant. And there wasn't even any hack-a-Howard tonight as Dwight only went to the free throw line twice (1 for 2).

Kobe shooting 9 for 24 didn't help, and that poor shooting, even though he had 34 points (0 rebounds, 3 assists - all he did was shoot), was one of the reasons for LA's demise tonight. Kobe shoots 37.5%, rest of the Lakers shoot 50.8%. Antawn Jamison, filling in for Gasol was useless, yanked after 16 unproductive minutes on 1 for 6 shooting, 3 points.

if Jamison played I didn't see him

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:37 am

steve3344 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:poor Lakers they are 9-12, Mettaworldidiot was benched for most of 4th as D'Antoni tried Meeks at 2 with Kobe at 3.....maybe it worked on offense, but I don't see any trademarks of D'Antoni's offense, to his credit I don't see team running floor and shooting within 8 seconds, but what is his offense? Kobe jacks shots at will and they threw alot of crosscourt passes that got intercepted leading to turnovers. Defensively they have regressed under D'Antoni, the commentators including Big Game James Worthy were ripping their defense, Big Al playing with back spasms didn't even have to carry them as again were alot of wide open looks on perimeter and easy baskets down low off backcuts and ball movement.

Well, Kobe's 34, Metta's 33 and Dwight may still be a bit tentative in his moves following his back surgery. He certainly hasn't looked as quick on defense this year as in past years.

it seems hes getting stripped of the ball more than ever too

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:09 am

News keeps on getting worse for the team on the left coast.
Maybe we can expect Nash around the beginning on the new year.
The bone in his leg has healed, he has had nerve damage from the freak way that he was stepped on.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8735515/report-steve-nash-los-angeles-lakers-says-likely-2-more-weeks

Steve Nash's delayed return to the Los Angeles Lakers has more to do with nerve irritation in his lower left leg than the fracture he suffered, sources told Yahoo! Sports. Yahoo! Sports
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:46 am

Latest rumor is Gasol for Josh Smith.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:56 am

AS MUCH AS i'VE disliked the Lakers over the years, especially as they've neared the Celts 17 NBA championships, I've also admired them greatly. It wasn't just the players who made the Lakers great. It was the rock solid organization, much like the Celts under Red and Walter Brown and then Danny and Wyc. Now I actually feel sorry for them. The players are still very, very talented. However the organization doesn't deserve to wash their jockstraps after a game. Such a difference from Jerry to Jim Buss. The Lakers problems all devolve to one man - Jim Buss. He makes one wrong decision after another and it costs the Lakers. Is anyone surprised that the Lakers D has taken a wrong turn under coach D'Antoni?

By the way, my son and daughter-in-law had a baby boy at 5:11 this morning. So now I've got three grandsons and two sons, enough to field a bball team in a few years.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next