IMPORTANT PLEASE READ---KIDS HOLIDAY GIFT DRIVE!!!!!!!

3 posters

Go down

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ---KIDS HOLIDAY GIFT DRIVE!!!!!!! Empty IMPORTANT PLEASE READ---KIDS HOLIDAY GIFT DRIVE!!!!!!!

Post by 112288 Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:08 pm

I know, times are a little rough for everyone with the way the economy is going. But soon the sun will shine, blue skies will reappear and we'll dust our selves off and move forward...and we'll forget this period!

But for a child who will not receive a Holiday Gift this season because there is no one there to lift them up , it is a psychological scar that will last a life time!

In a private email with Sam I have suggested that we use this forum as a tool to do some good during this Holiday season for children that are in need. I have Sam's full support and cooperation in this endeavor.

I have suggested a money or toy drive or both that is supported by the Celtic Organization in which we can turnover the fruits of our hard work and generosity to them. No matter how large or small the donation is.......it still counts towards putting a smile on a kids face....no matter what religion or ethnic background they are!

I believe our little family that we have created and the outreach to friends and neighbors we have, can truly produce some meaningful results. Sam is contacting the Celtic Organization to see how we can coordinate this Drive with them and perhaps for all who help, we can get an autographed basketball to raffle off.

I welcome for the next few days, Wednesday as a cut off date, any suggestions from all as to how we can truly make the spirit of giving a truly meaningful experience this Holiday Season. Sam and I will then firm the particulars.

So let us put aside for at least a few minutes about how to improve our Defense or Offense or how we get Rasheed more involved down low and lets find a way to make this Kids Drive a Success!

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ---KIDS HOLIDAY GIFT DRIVE!!!!!!! Empty Re: IMPORTANT PLEASE READ---KIDS HOLIDAY GIFT DRIVE!!!!!!!

Post by Sam Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Your concept is another way in which this forum can be different from the norm and can extend the spirit of good will that it is intended to embody. Yes, I do support it and will contact Jeff Twiss at the Celtics office tomorrow in hopes of arranging some kind of tie-in.

I realize there are people on this forum who are working hard to cope with the effects of this economy. Heck, I'm one of them. And it is understandable if some people will have to support this initiative more in spirit than in tangible ways. But, despite the many pleas for assistance at this time of year, it's difficult to envision many that are more deserving than kids.

Thanks for the very thoughtful idea. I'll be most interested in the feedback from board members.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ---KIDS HOLIDAY GIFT DRIVE!!!!!!! Empty Re: IMPORTANT PLEASE READ---KIDS HOLIDAY GIFT DRIVE!!!!!!!

Post by NYCelt Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:56 pm

112288 and Sam,

I don't have any unique ideas at the moment, but will give this some thought.

Count me in on this in terms of a contribution of funds and whatever else may be possible or needed.

I'm impressed by 11's (had to shorten that!) thoughtful idea.

As both of you have noted, we're all touched in some way by the economic times that we've been through. We can all help one another in some manner however, even if it's an encouraging word and a pat on the back. If we have the ability in some fashion, doing something to help a child may be the greatest gift we can give.

One big huge Tommy Point to 112288.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:09 am

My thoughts are to either pass the hat around with family/friends. Don't care what the amounts are 'cause what ever it is, it is an act of kindness and love.

Second by any gift, mark it for a boy or a girl and send either a check or the gift to Sam's PO Box. We will figure a way of getting them to the Celtic Organization.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:07 am

I can accept contributions either through PayPal (use my SlipSamCelt@aol.com email address) or by check to: Sam's Celtics Forum; P.O. Box 758; Wellfleet, MA 02667. The PayPal or check donation should be noted for "Children's Holiday Fund" in order to differentiate them from subscription payments.

We'll keep the board informed about the recipients of the donations. I hope to work that out with the Celtics, if they have a children's holiday drive. If not, we'll research alternatives to make certain all donations will go directly for the benefit of the children.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:53 am

Perhaps we should bump this to the top of the active messages periodically.

A sticky way at the top might almost hide it in plain view.

I can't speak for others but I'm a great example of "out of sight, out of mind".

So...bump.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:01 am

bump
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:33 am

I've been in touch with the Celtics about possibly developing an official link to their Shamrock Foundation and also getting a signed ball to raffle off among those who contribute. I expect to hear back from them immediately after the holiday weekend.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down