Bob:

Driving too?

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

The Case For Kendrick Perkins - Page 4 Empty Re: The Case For Kendrick Perkins

Post by dboss Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:13 pm

Perkins matches up against the great Tin Duncan tonight.

If Perk plays well we win!

Interesting that Perkins can now be considered as a decisive factor in some games against certain teams that have good centers.

The globe has published a nice piece on him. They are still trying to catch up with this forum

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:45 pm

Dboss

Bet they will send sheed at him some. Perk is well suited to guard Duncan. I generally pull for the Spurs but tonite I want them under the celtics boot.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:30 pm

dboss wrote:The globe has published a nice piece on him. They are still trying to catch up with this forum

dboss

I was thinking that the Globe had their own Celtic Forum. Wonder what happened???

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:34 pm

gacracker wrote:Bob:

Driving too?

GC

Yes, driving too!

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:29 pm

Truth or Dare

[img]The Case For Kendrick Perkins - Page 4 Hallux10[/img]

This bunion can predict both weather (partly sunny with chance of frost in the Deep South tonight with dew point of 35 degrees) and the accuracy of Rondo's new FT "stroke."

Current FT% is holding at 42.8365% (rounded off to 43% for the sake of discussion) but accuracy expected to climb during the road trip to a point just south of 45%.

When bunion aches, weather cools and Rondo finds his groove. Simple cause and effect linkage.

Thus speaketh my idiot savant bunion.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:03 pm

GC

Long liveth thy bunioneth.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:29 pm

Here's a link to an article about Perk in Hoopsworld.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=14565
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:40 pm

As far as Perk's FTs go:

He's a career 61.4% FT shooter (ick).
This year he's shooting 61.7% so far (still ick).

According to 82games.com, he shoots 63% from the line during clutch time in which "clutch time" is defined as: 5 minutes or less in the game or OT and neither team ahead by more than 5 points.

So, the good news is that while his work at the charity stripe is still excrement, he's slightly more effective when every point counts. To be completely fair, though, the difference between 61.anything% and 63% isn't worth much.

We should be happy he's not D12 at the line. 57% this year, 60% career, 59% clutch (I think we all remember how he bricked 2 fts in the finals, which gave D-Fish the chance to hit a 3, which got them into OT and LA went on to win). We should be grateful for small blessings, I guess.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by spikeD Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:59 am

Bob

Thanks for the link. Interesting article. The following quote in particular was one of those read-between-the-lines statements.

"I see a lot of me in him," continues Garnett. "He plays with a lot of energy, a lot of passion. I say there's a certain way to play with that. I told him if you want to be upset for not getting the ball, then you have to actually work on your game, and I think he's actually done that, not just during the season but during the offseason. The offseason is when you really get better at it, so it's good to see that he can be productive with us."

When was Perk "upset for not getting the ball?"

spikeD

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:24 am

spikeD wrote:Bob

Thanks for the link. Interesting article. The following quote in particular was one of those read-between-the-lines statements.

"I see a lot of me in him," continues Garnett. "He plays with a lot of energy, a lot of passion. I say there's a certain way to play with that. I told him if you want to be upset for not getting the ball, then you have to actually work on your game, and I think he's actually done that, not just during the season but during the offseason. The offseason is when you really get better at it, so it's good to see that he can be productive with us."

When was Perk "upset for not getting the ball?"

spike,

Perk got mad at Doc, I think when KG and RA came, because he wasn't getting enough touches (in his opinion). He thought he should be in the offense more. Doc told him "that's not what we need from you. We have enough scorers, what we need you to do is rebound, block shots and play defense". I guess this is what KG told him about his lack of offensive involvement.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by spikeD Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:21 pm

It's nice to know that Perk terrorizes opponents, refs, his coach, and apparently his own teammates. That's a Celtic center for ya.

Anyone catch this quote by KG? "Obviously, Perk and I…(our) past hasn't been the best," Garnett explains. "And we've been competitive, obviously, when we were on different teams, but the one thing I wanted to be when I got here was not just a mentor but someone who could lead him in the right direction."

And in that article Perk sounds like a true Celtic.

"What is a championship team about? A winning team about?," asks Perkins. "It's a team with no agendas. A team that's all in, a team that doesn't go out and play for stats…(instead) just goes out and plays for wins. I think that's the most important thing that I've learned."

spikeD

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:54 pm

Thanks for the article Bob. Perhaps the quote about Perk not getting the ball occurred in that team meeting that Rondo called last year? I read that there was one player who spoke up in that meeting about not being involved in the offense enough, and then later regretted saying anything at all. I always assumed it was Perk and this info almost confirms my suspicions.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by spikeD Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:36 pm

I'm trying to imagine the Perk of 2 years ago demanding the ball. Nah. Maybe he felt the ball should go to him down low occasionally to give him a chance to show what he could do and to make the offense more balanced. That sounds like Perk. It seems that what we're seeing more and more of these days is the forcefulness of his personality, the beautiful part of the beast.

How cool would it be if there was a Celtics reality show, like the Kardashians or Survivor or Hefs Pets. A camera would follow each player around on his daily rounds, to practice and, then, the exciting finale, the Game.

You could see what each of their personalities is like, how they relate to each other, what it's like inside Healthpoint, inside the huddle, - really, the world is upside down and inside out and I know because there is no Celtics reality show!

spikeD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:46 pm

Spike, these guys are pretty crafty. I think you'd see them at their very best. I can see each one of them buying a gross of lollipops to hand out to kids and donning a Boy Scout uniform and helping struggling old ladies across the street whether or not that's where they want to go.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by spikeD Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:59 pm

Sam

There are so many what ifs.

What if Sheed is like Chico Marx, runs around and uses this silly accent all the time, then starts banging on every piano he sees?

What if they all call Big Babi C.H. and he has no idea what it means?

See what I'm saying?

spikeD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:06 pm

That "C.H." was a great story, wasn't it? I could listen to Jackie MacMullan talk forever.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spikeD Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:14 pm

We all wish you had given you her card, but if it was meant to happen, it'll happen. Still, can you imagine her on this board? She may have been the best Celtics beat writer since the Sixties. I expect she would find the Stats on this board (at the least) to be insightful.

Who knows, you may run into her at some function and get on like old friends. When's the next Celtic being inducted into the N.E. Hall of Fame? I wonder if she was there that day.

spikeD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Spike,

Yes, I'm quite sure I saw Jackie at the N.E. Sports Hall of Fame event.
They were all there—MacMullan, Ryan, Shaughnessy, etc. Come to think of it,
that was was much like an Irish wedding!

Actually, I'm trying to get a good email address for Jackie right now (not her old Globe one).
Aside from recommending that she consider writing a book on women in
journalism, I want to mention this forum too (plus citing a mutual
acquaintance). It couldn't hoit, as they say.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4