Hoopdeedoo
mrkleen09
Sam
jeb
sdceltfan
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Celtics Mix Not Enough To Win Title - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics Mix Not Enough To Win Title

Post by Sam Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:19 pm

SD,

I agree that they're not getting enough out of Daniels. Seems to me
he's a player who thrives in an offense that's really in rhythm, which
is a good reason for wanting him to play with the starters. But I
think, in the long run, they'd be better off leaving the starters alone
and putting more emphasis on improving the offensive rhythm of the
bench.

Maybe it's a matter of getting that backup PG everyone seems to want.
Personally, I think it's more a priority of getting Sheed, Daniels, Williams,
Scal, Davis (when he returns), and even Eddie working more in sync, with
better screens, more back door plays (Daniels is great on those), some
rolls by Sheed, etc. This is not a bench that thrives on free lance offense.

When a starter plays with the bench, I prefer either Rondo or Ray over Pierce because I think Paul is more redundant with Quis' skills while Ray (with his spacing) and Rondo (with his passing) may better enable Marquis.

I think we agree on the need to light a fuse under Daniels. I just believe they can do it without risking a compromise of the starters' rhythm.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Celtics Mix Not Enough To Win Title - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics Mix Not Enough To Win Title

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:27 pm

SD-It's ultimately the job of Daniels to be ready to take advantage of moments...RA makes more sense starting to me...There very well may be times when Doc can give Daniels more minutes and give him a chance to get into the groove more but not at the expense of RA's firepower at this point...Maybe down the road...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:39 pm

Celtics will have to go for a Point Guard. It is painfully obvious that House is a bust at that position. Probably someone from the Nets who may be willing to part with a Vet. like Alston.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:02 am

sdceltfan wrote:Mrkleen, I started this post and the "Adjustment" posts to stimulate comment and encourage differences be heard. I continue to be amazed that posts questioning Celtics' play and inviting communication and dissent can be construed as "doom and gloom".

Without questioning and varying opinions boards such as this would be very boring and would not expand posters' knowledge and enjoyment.

By the way, I still feel the Celtics cannot win a title as the starting 5 is currently positioned. I feel Allen should come off the bench. I feel it is more possible with Daniels starting. I see more benefits, as I related previously.

Nonetheless, Go Celtics!!

It is certainly your prerogative to play the glass half empty card, but how about some acknowledgment for a team that is 15-4 and has won games in Cleveland, Miami and San Antonio?

You keep calling it like you see it, and I will do that same.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by sdceltfan Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:38 am

mrkleen, I have been a Celtic fan for over 50 years. I am 62 years old. I love the Celtics. I want nothing more than for them to win another championship before I leave this earth. I feel the window of opportunity is quite small for this generation of Celtics. Over the years I have supplied hundreds of supportive and positive posts, even when the Celtics were playing with the youngsters Jefferson, West, and company.

When they aren't playing up to their potential or making adjustments it breaks my heart. Very little is to gained by throwing nothing but plattitudes their way. Of course they are a great team. I want nothing more than for them to play like it.

I don't want to be known on this board as a Negative Nelly, but this board is best served with posts that support ideas or philosophies that invite discourse, whether in agreement or dissent.

I will continue to post the way I see it. Makes for a more interesting board. Don't think for a moment that positive posters are any more loyal Celtic supporters than questioning posters.

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:46 am

This is just a reminder that posts on this forum are to avoid personal attacks. By "personal attack" I mean a comment that unnecessarily focuses negatively on a person's style, personality, or propensities rather than responding to the substance of what that person is saying. I have already deleted one such sentence in this thread.

If anyone feels another poster is transgressing in some way, please feel free to contact me via personal message or email (SlipSamCelt@aol.com) rather than taking matters into your own hands with a personal attack that will probably escalate matters. I'll deal with it appropriately.

Thank you,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:13 am

sdceltfan wrote:mrkleen, I have been a Celtic fan for over 50 years. I am 62 years old. I love the Celtics. I want nothing more than for them to win another championship before I leave this earth. I feel the window of opportunity is quite small for this generation of Celtics. Over the years I have supplied hundreds of supportive and positive posts, even when the Celtics were playing with the youngsters Jefferson, West, and company.

When they aren't playing up to their potential or making adjustments it breaks my heart. Very little is to gained by throwing nothing but plattitudes their way. Of course they are a great team. I want nothing more than for them to play like it.

I don't want to be known on this board as a Negative Nelly, but this board is best served with posts that support ideas or philosophies that invite discourse, whether in agreement or dissent.

I will continue to post the way I see it. Makes for a more interesting board. Don't think for a moment that positive posters are any more loyal Celtic supporters than questioning posters.

SD

I am also in no way am trying to question your support of the team or your right to criticize the team as you see fit. I am also sorry if I have made you feel that my posts are of a personal nature, as that is also not my intention.

However, I think it is my right as a paying member of this site to call out overly negative posts and express an opposing point of view. That is the whole point of a message board, not to stand in a circle and pat each other on the back…but to debate and discuss matters by expressing a point of view – even if that point of view is counter to other posters.

I will keep in mind that I am not debating with some troll or button pusher from BDC – abut instead other passionate Celtics fans from across the spectrum and country.

As far as what is going on now with the team, it just seems to me that after 22 years of mediocrity - the last 3 (including this season so far) is a real blessing.

As we wake up today the Celtics have the best road record in the NBA, are on a 6 game winning streak, and have just won two big games in the last 3 nights against teams that were considered pre season "contenders"

Guess we will have to agree to disagree – as I think the Celtics are by far the most talented team in the NBA and the only thing that could derail them is a serious injury or two, and their own inability to execute
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:27 am

I think this thread has run its course.

1. After the euphoria of the first few games, the reality set in that the Celtics have a lot of work to do in order to be championship contenders.

2. That work may or may not need to include personnel reinforcements.

3. We are currently experiencing examples of how improvement can occur.

4. It is always important to keep in mind how fortunate we are to have a team with such a good foundation for addressing the challenges that obviously lie ahead.

Three bears, big bad wolf, ate 'em all up. The end (of this thread).

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2