Case Against Terrence Williams Dropped

4 posters

Go down

Case Against Terrence Williams Dropped Empty Case Against Terrence Williams Dropped

Post by bobheckler Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:22 am

http://redsarmy.com/2013/09/26/case-against-terrence-williams-dropped/

It wasn’t that long ago that a few of us, myself included, were very intrigued by the possibility of Terrence Williams backing up Rajon Rondo.

Then, in May, TWill got himself caught up in a bit of a mess that involved accusations of pulling a gun on the mother of his child.
I spoke to his attorney Aaron Kiviat today, and he told me that King County Prosecutors have decided not to pursue the case.

In a statement, his attorney said the following:
Terrence feels grateful for the diligent and thorough investigation that the King County Prosecutors Office and the Kent Police Department conducted in this matter.

Terrence was confident from the beginning that he had acted in self-defense, and is vindicated in knowing that law enforcement felt the same way after reviewing all of the evidence presented to them.

Williams was waived in June, and hasn’t received any offers as of yet from any other teams. It’s entirely possible he would have been waived regardless of his legal issues when you consider the financial tight rope the Celtics are walking as they try to avoid the luxury tax.

We’ll see how things work out for TWill moving forward. He certainly showed enough promise with the C’s that a camp invitation somewhere isn’t out of the question.

bob
MY NOTE: What a shame this non-event hit his career so hard. He HAS skills.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Case Against Terrence Williams Dropped Empty Re: Case Against Terrence Williams Dropped

Post by Sam Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:15 pm

I was a fan of Williams in his relatively short stay with the Celtics. But I'm concerned about the defensive basketball ability of a six foot, six inch, 220-pound male who has to pull a gun on a woman in order to protect himself. What's next? Duels at 20 paces instead of jump balls?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Case Against Terrence Williams Dropped Empty Re: Case Against Terrence Williams Dropped

Post by bobheckler Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:23 pm

sam wrote:I was a fan of Williams in his relatively short stay with the Celtics.  But I'm concerned about the defensive basketball ability of a six foot, six inch, 220-pound male who has to pull a gun on a woman in order to protect himself.  What's next?  Duels at 20 paces instead of jump balls?

Sam

sam,

Suppose she was waving an 8" kitchen knife in his face? As I remember the story, the exes boyfriend was there too. Who knows what he was saying or doing?

When all is said and done, a whole lot more was said than done. What a shame, however, that it derailed his NBA comeback. While I liked Pressey in Orlando, that was summer league. We've actually seen T-Will play against NBA talent. Who would you rather have as your backup point guard? A significantly undersized, 5'11" rookie or a 6'6" former lottery pick that looks like he was carved out of granite?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:08 pm

Bob,

I'd rather have a talented ball distributor. I wouldn't pick a PG based on his physique. But then again, I'm biased by recollections of names like Cousy, Archibald, K.C. Jones, Wilkens (Lenny), Stockton, Thomas, Nash, Parker, Rose, Kidd, Rondo, Irving (Kyrie), Westbrook, Knight (Brevin), Mighty Mouse Stoudamire (Damon), Murphy (Calvin), Webb (Spud), Bogues (Mugsy), Lillard, Curry (Stephen), Billups, Miller (Andre), and many more.

In my book, Magic and Oscar were two exceptions to prove the rule. They were great all-around players, who just happened to be needed at PG by their respective teams.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Sam,

Do you consider Oscar a point guard? I believe he used to refer to himself as a guard or as a basketball player, and that is an apt description because he did everything. True point guards, on the other hand, have a particular mindset. They are floor generals who control the offense, who look to distribute the ball and initiate plays first. While Oscar often led the league in assists, my sense is that he didn't have a true point guard mindset and got so many assists because he dominated the ball and was a capable and willing passer and so many opportunities for assists because he always had the ball. I hope you can understand the distinction I'm trying to make.

Magic, on the other hand, was a point guard trapped in a big man's body. He had the mindset of a point guard through and through, to a fault.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:33 pm

Outside,

Oscar played a lot of point guard, depending on who else was on his team at any given time. That was when K.C. Jones would be more likely to guard him for the Celtics. When Adrian Smith was on the Royals, Oscar played primarily at SG and was guarded more by Sam Jones.

In fact, I believe the crux of the difficulties between Coach Cousy and player Oscar stemmed largely from different philosophies in running a team—so much so that The Cooz tried (with disatrous results) a very brief comeback as a player-coach.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Calvin Murphy was another NBA player who had a mother of five of his out of wedlock daughters bear false witness against him in the very worst possible way - she got her daughters to say - completely untruthfully - that Calvin had molested them. Calvin spent years trying to clear his name and went through an 8 month trial:

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Calvin-Murphy-found-not-guilty-1505447.php
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down