beat
David14
swedeinestonia
jeb
LACELTFAN
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

In The Moment.... - Page 4 Empty Re: In The Moment....

Post by babyskyhook Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:55 am

jeb65 wrote:Sky

I was hopin you'd come around and read those post I did. I stand by em.

Odom's numbers lately have been bad. He's rebounding but that's all. Brown remains an under utilized stud. I dont get it. I really dont.

You guys dont have enough shooters. There is very little shooting outside of Kobe on your starting 5. Fisher hit those shots against Orlando dog but if he is your shooting answer that aint good.

Any way it is early but I call em how I see em. As I said to my boys in cali during the 08 finals 5 beats two and 5 def beats 1.

I wouldn't expect you to do anything else my friend. And if you read my posts you know that I agree with 98% of what you had written in those earlier posts. When KObe is hogging the ball, the only person to be yelling about it quicker than you guys is me. B/c they frequently lose when he plays like that.

LO is out of sync offensively- fo sho. He will come back around eventually. He's been playing great D, though and hitting the glass. I don't get the Brown thing either. HE's the only role player who plays well on the road, yet Phil still keeping him in the high teens minutes-wise: even on back-to-backs. Weird.

This is the last year for useful minutes from Fish. BUt whatever his other struggles may be, he is money in the clutch. And he was again tonight. And against Miami the other night. And etc, etc.

Bottom line- it is early. Very early. This time last year the Cs were 29-2 or something crazy and looked like they would never lose. Then the Lakers jumped them on Christmas day and they went into a tailspin for a while. And even after they righted the ship, they didn't get back to that early season dominance in any of the games I saw before KG went down. And after that, obviously, it was a whole different story anyway.

Like you said. It's early. Looooong way to go. BUt damn would I like to see the Lakers make a move to strengthen the bench (esp at the 1) before the deadline.

Have a good one buddy. Going to crash now. Sleep
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:04 am

jeb65 wrote:Sky

That WAS a bit grumpy! My bad. I get tired of the Hollingers of the world trying to sell shoes. I think the Lakers are brutal. But they aint the only ones. The nba is very tough this year. All the sportscenter posturing wears me down.

No worries buddy. I laughed b/c I know that "Fakers" is so not you.

Hollinger is no fan of the Lakers for the most part. He's had to give them some love this year based on last year's success and this year's start, but he hates Kobe and Artest. He doesn't seem to be a big Cs fan either. HE loves him some KIng James though.

I like Marc Stein a lot. Great writer- really knowledgeable and smart. And I know Bucher. He is a good guy who also knows what's up. And of course I love Bill Simmons. He is hilarious. No other writer in any genre makes me laugh like he does.

Other than that, I don't put much stock into ESPN's "experts".

Sportscenter tonight was such a joke- they show all KObe highlights- a bunch of misses and a few makes, and don't even mention that Gasol had 26 and 22!!!

They're not in the game if it wasn't for Gasol !!! Such a joke- so sloppy.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:06 am

OK- now I'm really crashing.

I'm out. Sleep
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Sky

Gasol has been in the 20s rebounding a few times.

Enjoyed posting with you. Last year during our 19-2 run I bet all you Lakes fans were wachin the heavy minutes our starters were playing and licking your chops to get at us. That's how I see things this year. If Kobe and Gasol play this many minutes in close games I can t wait to play yall in a long series. We will wear you down with depth and balance.

I' am no fan of Phil Jackson at all. I think he is an arrogant guy to be so smart and have had such success. But for the love of Gawd if some goober (me) on a celtics blog is seeing all this ball hoggery and heavy minutes stuff is he not seeing it? I have to believe yes. So that means he is CHOOSING heavy heavy minutes for Gasol and beating teams such as the Bucks over fresh legs in June.

After going through losing KG whom we all thought was made of iron and finding out he was made of muscle and bone I dont understand for the life of me why Jackson wont concede the occasional turd in penciltucky to rest his guys. He MUST feel the Lakes cant do it without homecourt that's the only thing that makes sense.

Any way...
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4