Building a Team

2 posters

Go down

Building a Team Empty Building a Team

Post by k_j_88 Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:32 pm

A few months back, I spent a bit of time thinking of all the star players Boston could possibly trade for. Garnett and Pierce had to be moved - that much was inevitable. Boston would have to create a new era of success.

But now, the more this season goes along, the more I become against the idea of making too many trades. I'm starting to think this team should consider building a contender through the draft.

You have a smart young coach in Brad Stevens who communicates well with his players. He has Boston overachieving, which leads me to believe he could do great things with future drafted talent.

Teams like Indiana and San Antonio are showing what you can do when you draft well. They aren't like Miami and Brooklyn where you have a bunch of high salary guys. The next few years should be plentiful with talent, and Boston has enough picks to make proper additions to the team.

I do realize that what I'm saying has basically zero chance of actually happening, as I feel Ainge will end up making trades when he sees fit.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Building a Team Empty Re: Building a Team

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:56 pm

Danny Ainge has already showed us the blueprint to another championship with the lead up to 2008. You stockpile young talent, develop them and when the market is right - make a move using those assets as chips to add some veteran leadership to play alongside the young cornerstones you have identified as the future.

I expect DA to be active and relentless in working to get this franchise back into a position to contend. The Celtics are not going to draft their way to a banner...that frankly does not happen in the modern day NBA.

You develop young talent - Sully, Kelly, Pressey Vitor - and in a year or two, if a deal presents itself where you can package a veteran or two with one or two of those guys and add a star to play alongside Jeff Green, Rondo and AB - you make that move.

I like this team in terms of heart and grit. But very few of these guys will be here when banner #18 is raised. They are simply chips to be used along the way.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down