And you wonder why they are broke after they leave the game.......

3 posters

Go down

And you wonder why they are broke after they leave the game....... Empty And you wonder why they are broke after they leave the game.......

Post by beat Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:39 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/19/j-r-smith-is-basically-driving-a-tank-around-manhattan/

J.R. Smith is basically driving a tank around Manhattan
Kurt Helin Aug 19, 2013, 12:12 PM EST
33 Comments
gurkha f5
Hey, it’s late August, what do you really want? Another update on Dwyane Wade’s knee recovery? A bunch more Lakers speculation?

That car to the right is the Gurkha F5 built by Terradyne Armored Vehicles for military use. You may recognize it as the one The Rock drove in “Fast Five.” Of course, if you’re wealthy enough and want one, you can have one for street use.

And you wonder why they are broke after they leave the game....... Smith10

Meet J.R. Smith.

The Knicks swingman and Sixth Man of the Year just signed a three-year, $17 million contract where he got a big chunk of that money up front. If you wonder what he did with that money, we bring you this from the New York Post.

Smith, who’s recovering after surgery on his left knee in the off-season, rolled up to Meatpacking District restaurant Catch on Thursday night in a Gurkha F5, which is made by Toronto-based Terradyne Armored Vehicles and used by police and the military. Smith parked the oversize truck, worth about $450,000, on the street while he dined inside.

If I were going to spend nearly half a million on a car to stroke my ego (and if you spend that much on a car, that’s a big part of the point) this would not be my choice. But I am not, so to each his own.

But good call on Catch, I want to try Hung Huynh’s food.

MY TAKE Well this come with no (shoe) strings attached............
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

And you wonder why they are broke after they leave the game....... Empty Re: And you wonder why they are broke after they leave the game.......

Post by Sam Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:23 pm

The guy's a complete tool box.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

And you wonder why they are broke after they leave the game....... Empty Re: And you wonder why they are broke after they leave the game.......

Post by Sloopjohnb Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:44 pm

There was a time when the MVP of the finals got a car.  Seems quaint now.

I remember being really surprised to see a picture of Bird sitting on the hood of a new Transam (in Celtic green of course) following the thrashing of the Lakers in 1984.  Seemed like a really hot car for a guy with simple tastes.

But it was in character for Bird as I later discovered when I saw a news report of Bird back in French Lick for the summer and his younger brother was driving the Transam.

Bird always did take care of his own but with an eye on the wallet as well.   A free car?   Get something hot and give it to the kid brother to bird dog the French Lick chicks.

This was confirmed when the younger brother was interviewed for the report and he said something about Larry always bringing clothes for him whenever he came home (given Bird's tastes in clothing you wonder if this was a good thing) and how this time Larry gave him a car. The brother then said something like, "I guess Larry wants to make sure I have all the stuff he didn't have when he was my age."

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down