Is Rondo Still a Top 10 Point Guard?

3 posters

Go down

Is Rondo Still A Top 10 Point Guard?

Is Rondo Still a Top 10 Point Guard? Vote_lcap75%Is Rondo Still a Top 10 Point Guard? Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Is Rondo Still a Top 10 Point Guard? Vote_lcap0%Is Rondo Still a Top 10 Point Guard? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Is Rondo Still a Top 10 Point Guard? Vote_lcap25%Is Rondo Still a Top 10 Point Guard? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Is Rondo Still a Top 10 Point Guard? Vote_lcap0%Is Rondo Still a Top 10 Point Guard? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Is Rondo Still a Top 10 Point Guard? Empty Is Rondo Still a Top 10 Point Guard?

Post by bobheckler Tue May 06, 2014 10:32 am

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/rondo-still-top-10-point-guard-nba

Rondo still a Top 10 point guard in NBA?
May 5, 2014, 1:30 pm

Is Rondo Still a Top 10 Point Guard? Byline-blakely-cdc

BOSTON — Prior to Rajon Rondo's torn right ACL injury, he was widely considered one of the top five point guards in the NBA.

Today, he may not even be in the top 10.

There's little doubt that Rondo will be a better player next season as his legs continue to get stronger. But even with stronger wheels, Rondo will hard-pressed to regain a spot among the elite point guards in the NBA.

The first round of the playoffs was a coming out party of sorts for point guards such as Portland's Damian Lillard, Washington's John Wall, Memphis' Mike Conley and Atlanta's Jeff Teague.

They join an already crowded VIP club of playmakers that's led by Los Angeles Clippers Chris Paul, Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook and Golden State's Stephen Curry.

And let's not forget about Brooklyn's Deron Williams, Cleveland's Kyrie Irving or San Antonio's Tony Parker who has been the best player for the Spurs the past couple of years.

Rondo's unclear status among his point guard brethren isn't that big a deal for the Boston Celtics. After all, they won a title in 2008 with him at the helm prior to his emergence as one of the game's best passers. But at that time, Rondo was a player on the rise with a long and tremendously bright future.

No one considers Rondo over the hill now that he's 28 years old, but the torn ACL injury has given many a reason to pause before anointing his return to top-5 point guard status.

Because of the uncertainty surrounding both Rondo's future and the Celtics in terms of building their roster, it's unlikely the two will get a deal done prior to him hitting free agency in the summer of 2015 unless he's willing to leave some money on the table in exchange for job security in the form of a long-term contract -- a scenario that seems highly unlikely.

So what do you think: Is Rondo still a top-10 point guard?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Is Rondo Still a Top 10 Point Guard? Empty Re: Is Rondo Still a Top 10 Point Guard?

Post by NYCelt Tue May 06, 2014 11:12 am

I would say yes without question.

The group Blakely names is a pretty strong bunch, but right now I'd take Rondo over 5 or 6 of those named.  If someone would like to argue Rondo is #11 on that list, I would say "fine" and still be happy rather than waste my time arguing this one.

You know the expression "there are no dumb questions?"  I think Blakely routinely provides the exception to that rule.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Is Rondo Still a Top 10 Point Guard? Empty Re: Is Rondo Still a Top 10 Point Guard?

Post by sinus007 Tue May 06, 2014 12:24 pm

NYCelt,
What a concise and precise description of the article!

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down