Gilbert Arenas indefinitely suspended by NBA

5 posters

Go down

Gilbert Arenas indefinitely suspended by NBA Empty Gilbert Arenas indefinitely suspended by NBA

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:50 pm

"Although it is clear that the actions of Mr. Arenas will ultimately result in a substantial suspension, and perhaps worse, his ongoing conduct has led me to conclude that he is not currently fit to take the court in an NBA game," Stern said in a statement. "Accordingly, I am suspending Mr. Arenas indefinitely, without pay, effective immediately pending the completion of the investigation by the NBA."

With each game he misses, Arenas will lose about $147,200 of the $16.2 million he will earn this season in the second of a six-year, $111 million contract. The punishment came on his 28th birthday.

The Wizards supported Stern's decision in a statement attributed to president Ernie Grunfeld and the Pollin family, which owns the team. The late Abe Pollin changed the team's name from the Bullets because of the violent connotation.

"Strictly legal issues aside, Gilbert's recent behavior and statements, including his actions and statements last night in Philadelphia, are unacceptable," the statement said. "Some of our other players appeared to find Gilbert's behavior in Philadelphia amusing. This is also unacceptable. Under Abe Pollin's leadership, our organization never tolerated such behavior, and we have no intention of ever doing so."

The WORST PART to me is last night (which Grunfeld referred to above), in pregame warm ups - he gathered his entire team in a circle, made his two fingers into a gun, and pretended to shoot every player in the circle....they all laughed and got a big kick out of it.

Gilbert Arenas indefinitely suspended by NBA Gilbangbang

Looks like the Wizards are going to try and void his contract, and I would not be surprised if he is suspended for the rest of the season. What an idiot.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Gilbert Arenas indefinitely suspended by NBA Empty Re: Gilbert Arenas indefinitely suspended by NBA

Post by beat Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:08 pm

mrkleen

This guy will end up in prison over this

MORON does not even begin to describe him only surprised it took Stern this long.

But like Vick he'll be rehabed and will be back in a couple years.
I hope not and I hope this sends a message but it won't.

Maybe the time for metal detectors in the locker rooms?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Gilbert Arenas indefinitely suspended by NBA Empty Re: Gilbert Arenas indefinitely suspended by NBA

Post by jeb Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:09 pm

the city of washington takes firearms very seriously
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:19 pm

Going a few miles per hour faster than you should on icy roads is poor judgement.

Having affairs with 12 women (while married to Elin) is poor judgement

Calling in sick and seeing the boss on the golf course is poor judgement

But bringing frickin weapons into a locker room so as to "protect" his children at home and do this in DC.........................it's off the judement scale and is deep into the CRIMINAL stupidity scale.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:34 pm

He's done some dumb stuff before, but this one takes the cake. Stern is going to make an example of him over and above what his individual case may deserve. He made it SO much worse with his comments and behavior the past week.

But what REALLY gets me mad is that he was such a sneaky good pick for our fantasy team who was filling up the stat sheet the past month. Sigh...
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:38 am

Another irony is that the team used to be called the Bullets – and they changed the name because it sent the wrong message, especially to the cities that support the team (Baltimore and Washington DC), both of which are very dangerous and violent cities.

I don’t think it is the case at all and as a fan, I see it differently. But to the casual observer, the players like Arenas and Delonte West are not helping the perception that the NBA is a league of low IQ, thugs.

I think it is time for David Stern to step aside and pass it off to a younger, more energetic, proactive leader.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:52 am

Hey! I thought Proactive was a treatment for acne!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down