Gorman: Rondo's future may be controlled by Love

+4
k_j_88
Sam
KyleCleric
8 posters

Go down

Gorman: Rondo's future may be controlled by Love Empty Gorman: Rondo's future may be controlled by Love

Post by 112288 Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:46 pm

CSNE

Trade rumors are once again surrounding Rajon Rondo.

Celtics legend Tommy Heinsohn gives his take on whether or not the team should hang on the point guard.

"I absolutely would keep Rondo," said Heinsohn. "He's a quintessential up-tempo guard… I think very easily he could be convinced to really quicken the pace of the game and be a leader in that department."

Mike Gorman believes Rondo's future hinges on another deal.

"I think his future, unfortunately might be controlled by Kevin Love," said Gorman. "If Kevin Love were to come here, I don't think there's any question Rondo stays and they try to find a third body to be a Big 3 in Boston.

"If Kevin Love does not come here, his days could be numbered, not so much tonight, but in the free agency period coming up."

Back to top Go down

Gorman: Rondo's future may be controlled by Love Empty Re: Gorman: Rondo's future may be controlled by Love

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:04 am

Right now, it looks like to me the Cs are more likely to pure rebuild than to make the big moves for established stars. It's possible Young and Smart were taken with the idea of being traded in the next two weeks. Would either fit in a trade for Love?

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Gorman: Rondo's future may be controlled by Love Empty Re: Gorman: Rondo's future may be controlled by Love

Post by Sam Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:15 am

Solid observations, Kyle.  As I wrote in another thread I started, I have the same concern that the rebuilding will involve only a succession of young guys who (1) will have no veteran leadership on the team and (2) will be a collection of individual assets rather than forming the embryo of a real team.  I don't believe that has to happen.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:02 pm

KYLE,

Do the Celtics want a long rebuild though? There's too many assets sitting in the closet to waste such a golden opportunity.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:38 pm

Hear, hear, KJ.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:51 pm

k_j_88 wrote:KYLE,

Do the Celtics want a long rebuild though? There's too many assets sitting in the closet to waste such a golden opportunity.

KJ

My God it's only one day after the draft. Patience grasshopper. Wheels are turning I am sure.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Beat,

And how many days are left before the trade exception expires?  Time's definitely awastin'.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:00 pm

sam wrote:Beat,

And how many days are left before the trade exception expires?  Time's definitely awastin'.

Sam

soon, but until we loose it..........we haven't lost it.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Hi,
I presume that DA's allowed to discuss the TPE before July 1 and before its actual availability of July 10 - July 12. Or there're some restrictions?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:54 pm

It'd be nice if we could keep, extend Rondo even if we don't add another star

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:00 pm

Wyc said in an interview last night that the trade exception expires at the end of the month. I assume he means June, not July.

Everyone last night was in such a hurry for a Rondo trade. Some of the sceneriios were ridiculous. The one with Sacto was RR for the 6th pick and we would get te 8th pick. Come on now, they are not going to give him
away. Time is all we have right now.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:08 pm

The Traded Player Exception expires on 7/12/14.
They could use it now for a player currently under contract or can use it between 7/10/14 to 7/12/14 in a sign and trade for a player that will be a free agent on 7/1/14.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:00 pm

beat wrote:
My God it's only one day after the draft. Patience grasshopper. Wheels are turning I am sure.

beat

I'm asking this in the context of a Rondo trade. If Rondo is traded, it means the rebuild will be of the longer sort.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:54 am

From what I am hearing on the NBA channel and ESPN radio, the Celtics had the steal of the draft with both picks. As on person said, you can have a great first and second unit back court. Rondo - Bradley with ball pressure, and Smart and Young with ball pressure and shooting.

Sully as power forward and Hump off the bench as power forward.

KO as second center................so all we need is a good center like the Polish Hammer Gortat.

Throw in a few odds and ends and you are going to win some games, maybe make the playoffs and get some playing experience with the rookies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down