Does anybody think McHale would be better for this team than Doc?

+2
mrkleen09
MDCelticsFan
6 posters

Go down

Does anybody think McHale would be better for this team than Doc? Empty Does anybody think McHale would be better for this team than Doc?

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:43 am

The reason this thought crossed my mind was that McHale was able to do so much with the young guys like Love etc. at Minnesota last year until Al went down with the season ending injury. Even after that Kevin McHale got more out of those guys than most expected. Unfortunately, for him, it wasn't enough for him to keep the coaching reigns. Even after telling the Celts last night that they were playing "Kool" basketball and being a step behind the opposition that didn't seem to get the job done. Could McHale get more out of this team than Doc is right now?

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Does anybody think McHale would be better for this team than Doc? Empty Re: Does anybody think McHale would be better for this team than Doc?

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:08 am

No.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Does anybody think McHale would be better for this team than Doc? Empty Re: Does anybody think McHale would be better for this team than Doc?

Post by beat Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:19 am

Is McHale a DR?

If so perhaps.

As far as COACHING what we have NO. Not at this time.
If I felt Doc had "lost" this team and they were not listening it would be worthy of consideration to look for a change but that is not the case at all.

Doc appears to have the players respect and it appears mutual.

No change needed IMHO

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:35 am

i agree with beat that Doc and the players appear to have two way respect - he has their attention at the only time we can see it, during time outs, better than coaches on many other teams. i also don't think the key for the team is how to best develop the younger palyers, which McH did do well at.

But i bet McHale could teach Perk how to move his feet w/o travling, and wouldn't THAT be a God-send ! and talent development is going to be an issue relatively soon, in terms of years, and Doc never seems too comfortable putting the younger guys on the floor in a game (except for the recent blow-out with NJ).

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:51 pm

Michael,
How many times do you think that the coaching staff has worked with Perk about that issue? Maybe McHale would have the magic to get it through but until Perk "gets it" Red himself, could come down as an apparition and might not be able to get it through....Takes two to get it through, the teacher and the student.
MD- Maybe a fresh approach would be helpful but I say stick with Doc...
Maybe KG coming back will help light a fire....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:45 pm

LACELTFAN wrote:Michael,
How many times do you think that the coaching staff has worked with Perk about that issue? Maybe McHale would have the magic to get it through but until Perk "gets it" Red himself, could come down as an apparition and might not be able to get it through....Takes two to get it through, the teacher and the student.
MD- Maybe a fresh approach would be helpful but I say stick with Doc...
Maybe KG coming back will help light a fire....

and i say stick with Doc too (unless the ghost of Red IS coming back ! ) -- i just have some ninor bones i pick with Doc ... but he's the coach of the team and, i think, a good fit overall. (BUT, McHale's footwork -- oh my, oh my !!!!! a beautiful thing. and he's a good teacher ... )

and KG's return BETTER light a fire, cuz to all appearances one dearly needs to be lit !

best regards,

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:56 pm

Do NBA teams in general have "development coaches"?

In most sports in europe the big teams have people who work with just developing youth talent. Of course we have a different system with the non-closed leagues and youth systems.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down