Celtics Debut New Logo And Revised Away Jerseys

4 posters

Go down

Celtics Debut New Logo And Revised Away Jerseys Empty Celtics Debut New Logo And Revised Away Jerseys

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:03 am

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/pressrelease/boston-celtics-announce-new-alternate-logo

Celtics Debut New Logo And Revised Away Jerseys NewAlt_type_grn_1024

Boston Celtics Announce New Alternate Logo

Posted: Jul 21, 2014

Celtics.com @Celtics
July 21, 2014

BOSTON – The Boston Celtics have announced the addition of a new alternate logo, extending the team’s family of emblems and further expanding one of the world’s most recognized brands. The new logo, which was created in-house, features a modern take on the classic image of Lucky the leprechaun spinning a basketball refurbished in a clean contemporary style.

The goal in creating the logo was to extend the Celtics brand with a symbol reflecting the rich tradition of the organization throughout its history, yet versatile enough to work across various formats and products. The new mark was inspired by the team’s past logos and pays homage to the Leprechaun logo from the 1960’s illustrated by Celtics’ Legacy Red Auerbach’s brother Zang.

Celtics Debut New Logo And Revised Away Jerseys Inspiration_1024

The logo reproduces well at one or two-color and can be displayed with or without a border on the outer ring. To make the logo even more versatile, Lucky’s finer details were slightly modified, allowing for better visibility when produced at a smaller scale. The logo can also be displayed without the curved Future Bold typeface, resulting in a simplistic yet bold Celtics mark.

The new logo will first appear this month in a variety of adidas apparel and merchandise on the Celtics online store (celtics.com/shop). Celtics season ticket members and corporate partners will have an exclusive, 2-day presale opportunity to purchase apparel featuring the new logo before products are released to the general public.

Celtics Debut New Logo And Revised Away Jerseys Comps_1024

The new “Lucky Alternate” is a combination of classic visuals that have been updated with a modern twist. It will be a great addition to the Boston Celtics brand and integrates seamlessly with the existing primary and secondary logos, which will remain unchanged.

Celtics Debut New Logo And Revised Away Jerseys AllLogos_1024

Celtics Debut New Logo And Revised Away Jerseys GridOfAlts_1024

In addition, there will be a revision to the Away Jerseys.  Boston will be on the front and Celtics on the back.

Celtics Debut New Logo And Revised Away Jerseys Bsm1E0kIAAAu-9F

bob
MY NOTE: I did not know Red's brother was named Zang (Zang?) nor that he was the author of the original Leprechaun. Nice. No wonder the Celtics feels like a family.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics Debut New Logo And Revised Away Jerseys Empty Re: Celtics Debut New Logo And Revised Away Jerseys

Post by Sam Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:25 am

Yes, Zang created the logo, and part of the logo's charm is the personality exemplified by the wry smile and wink of the eye, which I've always thought caught the spirit of the Red Auerbach-run Celtics.

Why not "sanitize" the logo, I guess. They've sanitized just about everything else. t least they aren't dumping the logo completely.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Celtics Debut New Logo And Revised Away Jerseys Empty Re: Celtics Debut New Logo And Revised Away Jerseys

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Sam,

I'm surprised we haven't heard from Gambler's Anonymous and Congress since "Lucky" implies gambling and chance and the Celtics are clearly offending that group of people with this despicably, highly offensive logo, not to mention the entire Irish population with our casual pronunciation of "Celtic".

Congress has nothing to do so they are ramping up on the Redskins, so we are safe for the time being, but keep your eyes opened. We must certainly be on the "Politically Incorrect Target List"! (HAHA)

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:50 pm

If I were Daniel Snyder (well, if I were billionaire Daniel Snyder, I wouldn't be writing silly posts like this) but if I were Daniel Snyder I'd say to the US Congress, "Want me to change the name of my team from Redskins to whatever? Ok, I'll gladly do so as soon as Congress appropriates an increase of the Indian Health Service budget from $4.3 B to $6.0 B annually, which will restore the $800 million taken away by sequestration and add enough to provide barely adequate health services to Native Americans, something they do not currently enjoy. Oh, and by the way, how about changing the name of Bureau of Indian Affairs to Bureau of Native Americans Affairs. They're not from India, you know."
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down