+5
LACELTFAN
gyso
Sam
NYCelt
beat
9 posters

Go down

BIG thnaks to all  PRIZE came today!! Empty BIG thnaks to all PRIZE came today!!

Post by beat Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:13 pm

With the C's woes and my sons "somewhat disappointment" in basketball this season a little bright spot came in the mail today. I'm sure he'll love the signed Ray Allen photo. It is with heartfelt thanks to the ones whom made this board possible and the leaders of it.

Even with not starting Marcus still has the 5th most points on the team, and the 4th most rebounds. Last game (against a rather poor team) played about 2 1/2 quarters with 8 points and 7 boards 2 blocks and 1 assist and a steal and 1 turnover, 4 x 7 from the field. Set up good shots for others 5 other times but they didn't make um. 2 kids getting a bit more time will move on next season so starting next year will certainly be there for him. He wants to work on his game this summer when baseball allows. Team is 7-4 with 3 games left.

Again thanks to ALL whom made this possible!

You guys are like my extended family!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

BIG thnaks to all  PRIZE came today!! Empty Re: BIG thnaks to all PRIZE came today!!

Post by NYCelt Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:20 pm

beat,

Marcus is playing JV a little early, so the stats you mention still show a lot of promise. By the time he hits varsity he may have to go through this again, so tell him to hang in there and his minutes will go up.

My best to the family.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

BIG thnaks to all  PRIZE came today!! Empty Re: BIG thnaks to all PRIZE came today!!

Post by beat Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:33 pm

NYCelt

Thanks

We've talked about the situation quite a bit and he has handled it well. With some work on his quickness and footwork he should be in good shape for next year. A couple inches of growth wouldn't hurt either but we have no hand in how that goes. He is as strong as any kid on the team with the possible exception of Jake our center. Got a rebound the other day and another kid got his mitts on it too. Marcus turned away and pulled it and the kid went flying into the padded wall.

He has good instincts for the game and that should bode well for him next year.

Daughter Sarah started her job at the drug store a week ago and will be going to Community college AND working next week. Got her first pay check yesterday and was so excited! Heading off to see a friend this weekend at her college.

As for wifey and me, we are the bus service for my mom and Marcus.

Last edited by beat on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:34 pm

Beat,

This appears to be one of those periods that you'll look back on realize were important in the making of a man. Marcus seems to be getting through it quite well, although I'm sure it's sometimes not easy.

I want to make certain you also received the trivia book.

Best to you and the family,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Sam

I haven't opened it but if feeling means anything there is something that feels like a book in there. Maybe when things get settled a bit I'll start up the trivia again.

I did here a pretty good one NON sport related.
Name the only man in US history to be elected as VP and President both 2 times?

beat

And on a humorus note

a company deceided to run a check on all employees passwords to make sure they were appropriate and unlikely to be hacked.
When checking the worker ran across this password from a blond emplyee goofydaffydonaldmickeyplutoheuydeweylouiesacramento.

When asked why she had such a long password she stated she was just following the rules..............8 characters and a capital!!

Last edited by beat on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:55 pm

beat wrote:Sam

I haven't opened it but if feeling means anything there is something that feels like a book in there. Maybe when things get settled a bit I'll start up the trivia again.

beat

beat,

I actually knew this:

Richard M. Nixon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Nixon
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:57 pm

GYSO

good job

beat

Just added the jole to the prior post so that didn't make your quote of mine.
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:06 pm

beat,

I saw that joke in the Remy Report last week. I thought it was funny enough to tell it later that night when guests were over.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:06 pm

beat

And on a humorus note

a company deceided to run a check on all employees passwords to make sure they were appropriate and unlikely to be hacked.
When checking the worker ran across this password from a blond emplyee goofydaffydonaldmickeyplutoheuydeweylouiesacramento.

When asked why she had such a long password she stated she was just following the rules..............8 characters and a capital!!
I actually knew that one also beat....and my knowledge of history isn't terribly good......
Which president is the only one to be preceeded and succeeded by the same guy?
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:12 pm

LACELTFAN wrote:

beat

And on a humorus note

I actually knew that one also beat....and my knowledge of history isn't terribly good......
Which president is the only one to be preceeded and succeeded by the same guy?

Benjamin Harrison, 23

Grover Cleveland , 22 and 24

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:13 pm

Good stuff here Beat.

Your love for your family shines through in all you post here. Very inspiring -they are lucky to have such a thoughtful and loving father.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:17 pm

Very Good Gyso...
I only knew that because I did a report on Mr. Cleveland in high school, I think, which was %$% years ago....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:18 pm

For some perspective...when I was in high school the Celtics were succeeding themselves as world champions.....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:16 pm

LACELTFAN wrote:For some perspective...when I was in high school the Celtics were succeeding themselves as world champions.....

Are you sure your high school report wasn't on the "sitting" president? BIG thnaks to all  PRIZE came today!! Icon_razz
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:16 pm

Do you mean the one who wasn't a crook?...No, I don't think so, but I do remember doing the White House tour sometime soon after the election in 72...and seeing "McGovern 72" scratched on the wall outside the door that one went in for the tour. Scratched pretty large too....I was surprised.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:10 pm

Speaking of presidential trivia, name 5 presidents whose last name begins with H. No google!

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Hoover, Harrison (x2) , Harding and Eisen Hower

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:52 pm

LACELTFAN wrote:Do you mean the one who wasn't a crook?...No, I don't think so, but I do remember doing the White House tour sometime soon after the election in 72...and seeing "McGovern 72" scratched on the wall outside the door that one went in for the tour. Scratched pretty large too....I was surprised.

LACF,

You missed my point. You said you did a report on Mr. Cleveland. I asked if your HS report was on the "sitting" president, meaning Mr. Cleveland, not Tricky Dick.

Hardy-har-har.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:40 pm

gyso wrote:Hoover, Harrison (x2) , Harding and Eisen Hower

Creative on that last one! But still one more.

Back to top Go down

BIG thnaks to all  PRIZE came today!! Empty Rutherford B.

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:49 pm

that's Mr. Hayes...to me
Bob C., Mr. Hayes...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:52 pm

gyso wrote:
LACELTFAN wrote:Do you mean the one who wasn't a crook?...No, I don't think so, but I do remember doing the White House tour sometime soon after the election in 72...and seeing "McGovern 72" scratched on the wall outside the door that one went in for the tour. Scratched pretty large too....I was surprised.

LACF,

You missed my point. You said you did a report on Mr. Cleveland. I asked if your HS report was on the "sitting" president, meaning Mr. Cleveland, not Tricky Dick.

Hardy-har-har.
I did miss it...GYSO....just another senior moment....but I'm not THAT old.....He was a few years before my time....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:27 pm

My thanks also, I met Pete the other day and picked up the basketball signed by Maxwell. Another Celtic treasure! Thanks to all involved. Thanks Pete for making the extra trip to get me the ball. As you could tell, I am just a crazy Celtic fan! My family thinks I'm nuts!!

Beat, tell Marcus to keep shooting and practicing. He will be pleasantly surprised when he gets on the varsity team and he is a better shooter than anyone! My son had the best three point shot for a kid. It is great for him to keep involved. Good luck to him.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:33 pm

LACELTFAN wrote:that's Mr. Hayes...to me
Bob C., Mr. Hayes...

R. B.

Right you are.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:43 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Good stuff here Beat.

Your love for your family shines through in all you post here. Very inspiring -they are lucky to have such a thoughtful and loving father.

Kleen

My pop was a pretty rough cobb. I agree with your post. It is very beautiful to see. I have thought the same thing sometimes with envy many times.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down