Post by swedeinestonia Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Don't know if there is any substance but I figured I should contribute Smile

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/38853/20140921/nba-trade-rumors.htm
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Rondo trade rumour Empty Re: Rondo trade rumour

Post by kdp59 Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:39 pm

it looks like typical rehash from other websites repackaged there.

the deal they list can't be done as Okl is over the cap. even if all three of Jackson, Lamb and Adams were included, that's only about $6.6M in salary's. Rondo's salary is $12.9M

ANY Rondo to Okl trade would have to include one of Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka (WE WISH!!) or Perkins coming back, ot make the salary's work.

first they say the Rondo to Okl deal is done, then they talk about all the other typical deals that have been talked about many times.

nothing new there.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:22 pm

I saw a rumor about Rondo straight up for Westbrook, but I didn't even bother to post it because it seemed ridiculous.  On the other hand, why would Oklahoma City want both Rondo and Westbrook on the team unless they were considering switching Westbrook to SG?  As this rumor-monger writes, a Rondo/Westbrook backcourt could be fascinating—as well as using up nearly half the Nuggets' cap once Rondo gets his payday.

Oh well, we just have to ride out the last week of the offseason and perhaps things will come into focus with greater reality.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:25 pm

I read about this last week.

Durant, Rondo, Westbrook would be an interesting combination, but clearly it's not a feasible trade. They have a cap hit at $77.2M. Unless they were willing to part with one of their main stars, it won't happen.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:05 pm

There is no way Westbrook and Rondo would survive on the same team. The face is, I would not be surprised to see Westbrook get traded at some point, only after they have a signed contract from Durant that he is staying in OKC.

Look how well Durant played without Westbrook, when Westbrook was out injured. This is going to be something they are going to have to address as some point. Maybe thaat is when Rondo will enter the picture?

These stories must be getting old for both Rondo and Ainge, I know they are for me.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Rosalie,

The only thing is, if OKC did trade Westbrook, and if they didn't get a high caliber player in return, I can't imagine Durant being too happy. He's been in the league for 7 years now, and I'm sure he wants to win a title. OKC is a few pieces too short of that feat and a departure of Westbrook could lead to a Kevin Durant Sweepstakes.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:59 pm

Nice shirt!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:06 am

I can understand why Oklahoma City might want to effect more balance between shooting strength and playmaking strength on the Thunder.  So, from their standpoint, I guess I can understand why they might consider a straight up Westbrook for Rondo trade.  What I can't rationalize so easily is why the Celtics would want to make that deal.  Throughout the history of their franchise, their great teams have operated with a strong floor general (even if, in the 1980s, he was a forward rather than a guard).  I understand that times change and perhaps the NBA is swinging more in the direction of shoot first 5s.  But I don't have to like it, and I don't have to believe that's the way Dr. Naismith's game should be played.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Westbrook is a talent, no doubt, but they would be trading one headache for another. He is a strongwilled young man determined to make people think he is Durant's equal, or better. I am not a big Westbrook fan, but, what do I know? After reading Bleacher Reports today, sounds like Grousbeck is fully aware of Rondo's uncoachability and seems to me to be setting the table for Danny to pull off a trade with someone at sometime with Rondo being the main piece.

Rosaiee

By the way, after looking at some of the stories on Bleacher Report's, I am officially encouraging Bob Heckler to start writing for them, he could definitely give them all a run for their money!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:09 pm

That he could, Rosalie.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Since when did Bleacher Report become a reputable source for news about the Celtics?

Did I miss some major journalistic development during my time abroad?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:01 pm

worcester wrote:Since when did Bleacher Report become a reputable source for news about the Celtics?

Did I miss some major journalistic development during my time abroad?

Worcester,

I love spending time with a broad.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:05 pm

Bob, having watched Orange is the New Black I had decided to become a broad for a little while.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:19 pm

worcester wrote:Bob, having watched Orange is the New Black I had decided to become a broad for a little while.

Worcester,

TV.  Ah, yes, I've heard of it.  Persona non grata in my house.  I'm reading another, I'm sure, great novel by a Floridian writer right now though.  With a library less than a mile away and an even bigger one 3 miles away, when would I find the time to watch TV?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:03 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Westbrook is a talent, no doubt, but they would be trading one headache for another. He is a strongwilled young man determined to make people think he is Durant's equal, or better. I am not a big Westbrook fan, but, what do I know?  After reading Bleacher Reports today, sounds like Grousbeck is fully aware of Rondo's uncoachability and seems to me to be setting the table for Danny to pull off a trade with someone at sometime with Rondo being the main piece.

Rosaiee

By the way, after looking at some of the stories on Bleacher Report's, I am officially encouraging Bob Heckler to start writing for them, he could definitely give them all a run for their money!!!!

Rosalie,

Thank you but, if I'm going to invest time blogging/writing/posting about the Celtics I'd rather do it for my friends and family than just blasting it out into the blogosphere. Celticsblog was looking for new writers, they just took on 10 newbies, but I didn't apply. Nothing against them, I just can't afford the time to write for them and Sam's Celtic Forum.

I'm sure their newbies will do just fine.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:09 pm

I was just pulling your leg Bob!! Some of those guys are 20 year old kids who think they know it all. I just come here now when I want to know something, you are my pipeline!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:55 pm

Bob,

I you want some good Florida reading, get hold of anything by Carl Hasssen.  He's a riot.  Any book in which one of the main characters feasts on roadkill has to be zany.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:10 am

sam wrote:Bob,

I you want some good Florida reading, get hold of anything by Carl Hasssen.  He's a riot.  Any book in which one of the main characters feasts on roadkill has to be zany.

Sam

Sam,  I'll look for him.   The author I was referring to is Tim Dorsey.  His protagonist is a very likeable serial killer named Serge and his always stoned sidekick named Coleman.   It's a cross between Hunter Thompson and Elmore Leonard.  90% of his books take place in Florida.  Dorsey is a former reporter and editor of the Tampa Tribune.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:44 am

a couple thoughts on Westbrook for Rondo deal (because it was talked about in this thread only).

1) Westbrook is under contract for three years counting this coming season.

2) Westbrook is 3 years younger

3) Westbrook is a HIGH volume, but LOW % shooter.

4) Westbrook is a good FT shooter.

so IF a Rondo for Westbrook trade happened,

the Celtics would give up a top end Passer for a simply good one.

give up a Moderate scorer with below average shooting for a high volume scorer of slightly better shooting skills.

Frankly, I could go either way on this one, Westbrook being the number one scorer sets up Green better as a number 2 man.

The deal would make sense IF Rondo did tell them he was planning on leaving next year.

in that case getting Westbrook in return would be a deal of a century for Ainge.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:43 pm

sam wrote:Bob,

Sam

Hi Sam,

Many years ago when I was a young man living in Seattle, I used to eat (and especially drink) at a Chinese restaurant where, because the lovely people there knew I was interested in other cultures (and especially foreign cuisines) I was often offered Chinese delicacies (for free!) which were not on the menu. One night they asked me if I would be interested in Beaver soup. Of course I was very interested and it tasted wonderful. When I asked where they got the Beaver they told me one of their employees had accidentally run over a Beaver. I can assure you that eating road kill can be very rewarding.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:50 pm

Ate some woodchuck once....

Tasted like hamburg......

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:51 pm

kdp59 wrote: a couple thoughts on  Westbrook for Rondo deal (because it was talked about in this thread only).

1) Westbrook is under contract for three years counting this coming season.

2) Westbrook is 3 years younger

3) Westbrook is a HIGH volume, but LOW % shooter.

4) Westbrook is a good FT shooter.

so  IF a Rondo for Westbrook trade happened,

the Celtics would give up a top end Passer for a simply good one.

give up a Moderate scorer with below average shooting for a high volume scorer of slightly better shooting skills.

Frankly, I could go either way on this one, Westbrook being the number one scorer sets up Green better as a number 2 man.

The deal would make sense IF Rondo did tell them he was planning on leaving next year.

in that case getting Westbrook in return would be a deal of a century for Ainge.

Interesting points.

The only real problem I see with Westbrook is that he can be a bit of a headcase and he can shoot you out of a game. His offensive talent is undeniable, however.

I personally would not make this trade, strictly from a team structure standpoint, not that I wouldn't want to have RW.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:07 pm

Wyc Grousbeck: ‘It’s my goal to keep Rondo here’

By Baxter Holmes  | GLOBE STAFF   SEPTEMBER 23, 2014

JIM DAVIS/GLOBE STAFF

DEDHAM — More than ever, uncertainty surrounds Rajon Rondo’s future with the Celtics, especially with the All-Star point guard’s contract expiring after this season.

Yet Danny Ainge continues to publicly reiterate that Rondo figures heavily into the team’s future, regardless of rumors contrary to that notion.

“We expect Rajon to be in Boston for the long term,” the Celtics president of basketball operations said Tuesday morning before a Shamrock Foundation golf tournament at the Dedham Country and Polo Club. “Does that need to be asked any more by anybody ever again?”

Celtics co-owner Wyc Grousbeck echoed Ainge.

“Absolutely it’s my goal to keep Rondo here,” Grousbeck said. “I think we all want that. And I actually honestly think — he should speak for himself — I think Rajon wants to stay or would be very happy to stay.

“And we’ll see how this season goes, and how the negotiations go, but he’s proud to be a Celtic. I know that. He’s proud to wear that ring and he deserved it.”

During an interview with WBZ-TV Sunday, Grousbeck called Rondo “super stubborn” and said, “I don’t know how coachable he really is . . . I know if you ask Doc [Rivers], was he the most coachable guy, or in the top half, 50 percent, he’d say no, he’s in the bottom 50 percent of being coachable. It’s hard with him.”

When asked about those comments Tuesday, Celtics coach Brad Stevens said, “I saw a report, but I didn’t see or hear the context, so it’s hard for me to say what exactly was said or to know exactly what context that was put in.

“He’s been around, he works hard, and he’s a guy that I’ve really enjoyed coaching.”

Though trade rumors long have surrounded Rondo, they figure to be even more present in the months ahead.

“Yeah, I guess so,” Ainge said. “Just because there’s been a lot of people that have flat-out made stuff up and it’s become hot topics. Very credible people have made things up — and that even makes it worse.

“So, yeah, I think there’s probably a lot of people out there that have some sort of belief that there is some truth in the rumors that go on out there.”

The most notable offseason mention of Rondo’s future was made by ESPN reporter Jackie MacMullan, who in a behind-the-scenes segment on “Around the Horn” said Rondo wants out of Boston and has asked to be traded.

“I can’t say more emphatically, my hope is that we can have a long-term relationship,” Ainge said. “Players like Rondo are hard to find.

“Here we are trying to make big deals, and it’s hard to make big deals — it’s hard to get free agents — without players with some cachet. And Rondo is our best player, simply.”

Rondo’s patience — or lack thereof — with the team and his situation figures to be tested during the second year of a rebuild.

“I think that’s a question that we’ll probably have to address at least halfway through the season if not at the end of the season,” Ainge said. “But right now Rondo has indicated to me that he wants to stay in Boston and he loves it here and he knows who his teammates are and he loves his teammates and he loves playing with Jeff [Green] and Avery [Bradley] and [Jared Sullinger].

“I think he’s spent a lot of time with Brad [Stevens] this summer and they’ve talked a lot about basketball. Brad has individually got on the court and they’ve worked really hard together.

“I think that mutual respect is growing by the day. I just think that he’s in a really good place.”

Rondo played just 30 games last season as he worked his way back after suffering a season-ending knee injury the season before. Heading into this season, Ainge said, “I expect the best year of his career. He’s worked really hard this summer and I think Rondo’s going to have the best year of his life. That’s what I expect.

“He’s just a year removed from the injury. He’s growing all the time. He’s improving, he’s maturing as a leader. He’s just getting better. He’s in the prime of his career right now.

“And I think what he went through last year was frustrating for him, and I think that drove him to have a good, hard-working summer.

“I don’t think it’s the contract [motivating him] at all. I think it’s who he is. He wants to be good.

“I think he looks great, fantastic. That’s why I just said he’s going to have the best year of his life.”

When asked if he’s still fielding calls from other teams about Rondo’s availability, Ainge said, simply, “No.”

Ugh.  Can the Rondo trade rumor mill stop for a while?  All players are tradable.  This one doesn't appear to be going anywhere in the near future.  There must be something else going on in Boston worthy of discussion.  Maybe not the Sox, but something.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:59 pm

I agree. I am sick of it all. It can only hurt the team with this kind of stuff talked about on a day to day basis. Let it go. No wonder Rondo has a sour face so many times when being interviewed. He is asked stupid questions.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:00 pm

Writers do not get paid for saying nothing. Thus the rumors.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next