Milicic switches from NBA to kickboxing

3 posters

Go down

Milicic switches from NBA to kickboxing Empty Milicic switches from NBA to kickboxing

Post by NYCelt Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:16 pm

I knew there had to be something Celtic related that was more interesting than speculating on the latest Rondo trade rumor...

Milicic switches from NBA to kickboxing
1 hour ago
AP - Sports


BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) -- Former Serbian center Darko Milicic, known as one of the biggest flops in the history of the NBA draft, is switching from basketball to kickboxing.

The 29-year-old Milicic, who has been without an NBA contract for nearly two years, signed a deal on Wednesday with the World Kickboxing Association to be both its promoter and a competitor.

The 7-foot, 250-pound Milicic, who the Pistons made the second overall pick in the 2003 draft behind LeBron James, spent the first years of his 10 NBA seasons with Detroit winning the 2004 NBA title. He also played for Orlando, Memphis, New York, Minnesota and Boston.

Milicic said that he got interested in kickboxing when over a year ago he came across a humanitarian campaign that was raising funds by auctioning a kickboxing world title belt.

''When I got home, I told myself: 'why buy it if you can win it'?''

''I won't go deep into this (kickboxing) if I cannot be devoted to it 100 percent,'' Milicic said. ''We will see what happens.''

In 2003, Detroit bypassed Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade to take Milicic as the second overall pick.

…maybe he can take Vitor with him.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Milicic switches from NBA to kickboxing Empty Re: Milicic switches from NBA to kickboxing

Post by Sam Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:24 pm

I thought that was what he was doing when he was with the Celtics.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Milicic switches from NBA to kickboxing Empty Re: Milicic switches from NBA to kickboxing

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:00 pm

Rip Hamilton telling Dan Le Batard what his reaction was when he heard the Pistons took Darko #2 when Carmelo Anthony was available.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down