a few flashes of real good stuff

5 posters

Go down

a few flashes of real good stuff Empty a few flashes of real good stuff

Post by jeb Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:02 pm

I thought the second unit brought big energy to the game tonight. I saw signs that the team is FEELING good and happy to be playing as a damn near intact unit.

KG just helps in so many little ways. He is just a tremendously smart hoop player. The defense was so much better with him out there.

Davis I think will continue to make progress. Perk and Rondo came up huge. Perk was really hitting the glass and Rondo looked quick and very much in attack mode. Like he KNEW they were going to win.

Get Ray and PP going and we will start to whip some teams again.

I mean it was a loooonnnnggg way from perfect but it has been a long time since these guys played together...muscle memory and time and most of all HEALTH will cure that. Quis is starting to work his way back too...

If we had made our free throws we would have ran them out of there tonite.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

a few flashes of real good stuff Empty Re: a few flashes of real good stuff

Post by 112288 Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:24 am

KG was the Master Of Ceremony Tonight. You gotta love the guy! Yes all good signs heading into this week which is going to be a real test of play-off basketball come April. One thing I did not like was giving Walker the bench after just a few short minutes on the floor. Give the kid room to breath and explore NBA life in real minutes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Improbulus Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:57 am

What I noticed tonight was that the passing game was much better. In fact, sometimes they overpassed, bypassing easy shots. But that's okay, because I thought that their ball movement has been sorely lacking in recent games. I think KG had a lot to do with the improvement and seems to have brought a blast of energy.

Improbulus

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:19 am

improb

You are right. Flurries of sweet 80's celtics passing.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Improbulus Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:28 am

Ahh! Sweet is the word! Love watching a good passing game! They missed a few easy looks close in to the basket, but they had the shots tonight. I think they tend to rush their shots at times.

Improbulus

Back to top Go down

Post by Improbulus Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:30 am

Jeb, I agree that KG adds a tremendous amount even when he is not at full strength. I thought they showed a much greater commitment to their defense as well.

Improbulus

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:02 am

doode is MADE of heart.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:27 am

KG is such an off the chart intangible talent. It's kinda the way we we thinking about Marquis in those first games of the season where it didn't look like on the stat sheet he was putting any numbers up, but when he was out there, his +/- was off the chart.

Maybe not the best example but KG is the glue, let's face it. Kobe is the glue for LA. He knows if he goes out, the team goes down quickly. LeBron is the glue for CLE. We all know what will happen if he goes down. KG is great on communication and D and he can score 17-20 a night. He is a great motivator as was evidenced by last night's 2nd game of the starting 5 back on the court.

They need to ratchet it way up for the next 3 games. I have no idea whether we will go 3-0, 2-1, 1-2 or 0-3. But it will be one of those 4 outcomes. That I can promise. Given the back to back thrown in there for good measure, I'm going with 2-1. I would love to see us going back to Boston on Sunday 2-0, though!! Then get a Game 6 2008 Finals flashback thrashing of LA on Sunday afternoon!! Come on, baby!!

Anyone care to predict the next 3 games? I know they are starving to show the league what a fully operation Death Star looks like. No better way to show it than to sweep the Top 3!! Realistically, I'm going with a loss in ORL, win in ATL and in Boston on Sunday.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Dbrown

Hot fires make strong steel. I look forward to seeing where we are right now against the best.

2 and 1 would be very sweet.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:08 pm

jeb65 wrote:Dbrown

Hot fires make strong steel. I look forward to seeing where we are right now against the best.

2 and 1 would be very sweet.

3 and 0 would be sweeter.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:12 pm

steve33

3 and 0 would mean we are back. For me I just want to beat the damn Hawks! And really give the lakes a thumping.

It seemed to me that kg was telling the boston crowd last night..."dont give up on us. We are still here. He seemed pretty william wallace to me last night. It was inspiring.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Clearly an 0-3 finish come Sunday would be a slight reality check for us, but given the S5 has only played the last two games together, I could stomach that. It would be a severe punch in the gut, but I don't think the world would think anything is wrong if we laid a goose egg. That's not only what the world wants, that's what they expect. Of course, I'd be livid!

1-2 would seem reasonable, palpable. 2-1 would perk up some ears around the league to take note in that the C's MAY be back. 3-0 would indicate we're pissed and taking names and we expect to and will have the league best record by playoff time.

I may change mine to 3-0!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:39 pm

dbrown

I think I am just going to watch how the team is playing. Are they getting up on their man. Are they settling for jumpers or attacking. Is the chemistry that is so magic between these guys starting to reform and evolve?

I really think the guys will respond. I dont know it they will win but I will be happy if they continue to gel and adapt.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00yhVPsn28

a little reminder
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:39 pm

fellas

another small thing but important. TWO DAYS TO PRACTICE and rest. Very well timed.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:41 pm

Moderators

Thank you guys! I got my sweet sweet copy of when the game was ours today.

Gratitude!

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down