TO: GYSO, Would this work?

+3
spike
beat
MDCelticsFan
7 posters

Go down

TO: GYSO, Would this work? Empty TO: GYSO, Would this work?

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:42 am

From a financial point of view would this work? Trade T. Allen & Scal to New Orleans for James Posey, and trade Shelden Williams to the Cavs for Leon Powe. If we did that we'd do what Belushi and Ackroyd did. We'd have put the band back together! What say you GYSO, or anyone else who wants to chime in! Powe is due back after the All Star break!

Last edited by MDCelticsFan on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : a mispelling)

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

TO: GYSO, Would this work? Empty Re: TO: GYSO, Would this work?

Post by beat Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:16 am

MD

Due back and being back are perhaps a way off.

I see no reason for either NO or Cleveland to make those moves.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by spike Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Maybe we can trade Sky Walker and JR Giddyup for DWade. Works for me. "We're on a mission from God."

spike

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:07 pm

MDCelticsFan wrote:From a financial point of view would this work? Trade T. Allen & Scal to New Orleans for James Posey, and trade Shelden Williams to the Cavs for Leon Powe. If we did that we'd do what Belushi and Ackroyd did. We'd have put the band back together! What say you GYSO, or anyone else who wants to chime in! Powe is due back after the All Star break!

MD,

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”

And the improvements:

http://www.amatecon.com/fish.html

Here's the thing. If it is a trade that involves players that are currently under contract, the RealGM Trade Checker is the way to go. Please run the trades through the trade checker and let us know what you find.

http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/1/

If the teams involved in the trades would pull them off, that's debatable. If they work cap-wise is pure math.

Let us know what you find,

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:30 pm

beat wrote:MD

Due back and being back are perhaps a way off.

I see no reason for either NO or Cleveland to make those moves.

beat

beat,

True that. KG was due back from much less of an injury last Friday. Many would argue that KG is not "back" in the sense of being close to where he needs to be (or was) pre-injury.

Leon is (or will be soon) released to practice 5 on 5. Is that game ready? Can he be relied upon to do what Shelden can do right now? Cue the joke: Yes, Leon can also sit on the bench, just like Shelden.

In regards to Posey, IMO that ship has sailed. Thanks for the memories, but remember, Posey chose to leave for more than the C's offered and their thinking hasn't proven faulty at this time.

I would perfer to spend our currency (expiring contracts) on one good player (2-1 or 3-1) and then sign other players off the waiver line, as roster spots are available. That is a HUGE improvement over what we did in the last two years. Remember, we just signed players (PJ and Sam, then Marbury and Mikki) off waivers but never traded expirings. We can kill two birds with one stone here, get a good player for this year and next (not expiring) and fill the gaps with waiver guys for this season's title run.

Our means of adding a good player for next year are very limited if we don't break up the big three before the trade deadline. (ie: trade Ray) Indicators suggest there will be no breakup, so it's the only way I see the C's improving enough to overcome aging and/or role changes for next season.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Why would we bring back Posey, one year older but with the same contract that was a year longer than we wanted? Furthermore, he's not having a particularly good year.

As far as Leon goes, he may be back after the All-Star break, but we have no idea how well he'll come back from that knee surgery. The fact that it's not his first knee injury AND it has taken him 8-9 months to rehab worries me. I love Leon, but I think his ship has sailed too.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:35 pm

I doubt if either Posey or Powe would be an improvement for this team over what we have now, esp when salary is considered. The real NBA is not a fantasy league. If Leon "The Show" Powe regains his hops, it won't be until next year. He can come back this season, but won't perform at the level he was before getting injured. It is what it is. Just one more reason to show Sam respect because he is ALWAYS preaching that all decisions MUST be made from a TEAM standpoint. I agree.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:59 pm

good point. i still think tony's athleticism can help big time if he can stay on the court. plus he runs with Rondo...
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:33 am

MD,

I see from your lack of a response that you really don't care for fish!!!

TO: GYSO, Would this work? Icon_razz

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:05 am

GYSO: Fish is OK once in a while. I prefer steak, baked potato, and a nice garden salad with ranch dressing, thank you!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:17 am

It looks like what I feared before the season has sadly come to fruition. Key components of this team have gotten old all at once. Garnett, apparently will never be the same, not able to finish lob passes or alley oop passes. Pierce cannot finish drives in the lane, and Ray's jumper comes and goes more than my gout. As hamstrung as we are with their salaries now, it will be the NEXT decade before we become a serious factor again. I've seen my last Celtic title. My body will be rotting in the bone yard when the Celts win #18. Oh well, as Earth Wind and Fire said years ago, "That's the Way of the World."-I hope whoever rebuilds this franchise builds upon a core of young players who can grow together like the Hawks, or the Thunder, and not on players who are on the back nine of great careers.-MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:21 am

md

you left out global warming, string warts and reality tv.

We probably should just go ahead and give the lakers the title.

And hell lets just send cleve from the east.

7 game finals. game 7 triple ot. kobe and bron both go for 88 points and are ko mvps.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:17 pm

or we could waive mdcelticsfan and when no one else picks up his option we will no longer have to deal with his tripe Twisted Evil
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:20 pm

mulco

doode what color does that kinda talk turn your aura?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down