Colton Iverson Making Big Strides Overseas

2 posters

Go down

Colton Iverson Making Big Strides Overseas Empty Colton Iverson Making Big Strides Overseas

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:40 pm

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/colton-iverson-making-big-strides-overseas

Colton Iverson making big strides overseas
October 31, 2014, 6:45 pm

HOUSTON — Colton Iverson continues his solid play overseas.

Iverson, whose draft rights were acquired by Boston on draft night in 2013, had 17 points and six rebounds which included the game-winning basket as Laboral Kutxa Vitoria squeaked out a 91-90 win over Galatasaray Liv Hospital in Euroleague competition.

Anytime you win, that's always a good thing. But there's more at stake for the 7-foot Iverson.

Known as a physical player around the basket, he's out to prove that there's more to his game.

And performances like the one on Friday show to some degree the progress he has made from the time Boston acquired him in the second round (No. 53 overall) of the 2013 draft, from Indiana.

He struggled during his first summer league with the Celtics that year, but looked noticeably better this past summer.

Boston, in need of a rim-protecting center, gave some thought to keeping him state-side.

But with a slew of guaranteed contracts, it just made more sense for Iverson to play overseas another year as the Celtics continued to shake out their roster.

One thing's for sure, although he's trying to showcase a more complete game, the one thing that attracted Boston to him - his physical play - remains a core part of his game.

"That's my style of play," Iverson said this past summer as a member of Boston's summer league team. "I'm always gonna be someone who is a pest to play against. I take pride in the way I play physical, and (being) a menace."

bob
MY NOTE:  I'm glad to hear that Iverson's doing well and progressing, I'm not seeing where it explains how he's doing it in Blakely's piece.  He scores the game-winner (could have been a complete defensive breakdown by the other team) and that's "making big strides"?  In what way has he made "big strides"?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Colton Iverson Making Big Strides Overseas Empty Re: Colton Iverson Making Big Strides Overseas

Post by gyso Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:59 pm

ASB could have done some research and discovered that this year, Iverson is playing more minutes and is in games at the end of the 4th quarter, where last season, not so much.  But he didn't, he just served up a plate of marshmallow fluff.

He is an "insider" after all, not a journalist.  It shows.

gyso

Back to top Go down