MDCelticsFan
RosalieTCeltics
jeb
gyso
Brandon$$
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PAUL PIERCE HAS A BROKEN FOOT?! Empty PAUL PIERCE HAS A BROKEN FOOT?!

Post by Brandon$$ Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:26 pm

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Already reeling from a spate of injuries to key players, the Boston Celtics may have lost All-Star forward Paul Pierce for a significant period of time to a broken left foot, according to a league source. NBA.com

The team does not know for sure if Pierce's foot is broken after X-rays taken Tuesday; more tests are scheduled. But it "looks that way," the league source said. The Celtics are hopeful that even if the foot is broken that Pierce won't be out of the lineup for long. But they are not yet certain of that. Pierce suffered the injury in the first half of Boston's 99-88 victory over Washington Monday night when he got tangled up with the Wizards' Caron Butler going for a loose ball. He said after the game that he thought he sprained the ankle but didn't believe the injury was serious. NBA.com

SportsCenter5: Sources tell SportsCenter 5 final diagnosis on Paul Pierce's ankle injury has not yet been made, but it's "nothing serious" (cont) #celtics. Twitter.com

SportsCenter5: (cont) Still a chance Pierce could miss a game or two @MDowling5 still working the phones #celtics. Twitter.com

Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge told Comcast SportsNet's Gary Tanguay this afternoon that the team is still determining the diagnosis and Pierce's status. "We just don't know," he said. "We basically don't know the extent of the injury. The doctors don't have all the information to make the decision. We expect to make an announcement tomorrow." A team source confirmed a similar outlook to the Globe's Tony Massarotti, saying the team would know more tomorrow morning and that tests were inconclusive. Boston Globe

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/02/02/pierce.foot/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Another league source, while acknowledging that Pierce hurt his foot Monday, also said there was not yet definitive word that Pierce broke his foot and that the injury "might be a lot less serious" than that. Celtics spokesman Jeff Twiss said Tuesday evening that the team's medical staff had yet to make a determination of the extent of Pierce's injury.

The 32-year-old was averaging 18.9 points this season on 47 percent shooting, and was named to his eighth All-Star team last month.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(On that second link from NBA.com, they have a video up of where the injury happened.. first half of the February 1st Washington game.)
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

PAUL PIERCE HAS A BROKEN FOOT?! Empty Re: PAUL PIERCE HAS A BROKEN FOOT?!

Post by gyso Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:43 pm

Same stuff from the Herald:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1230167&position=0

From Doc:

“I just didn’t want him to take a chance,” C’s coach Doc Rivers said after the game. “I shouldn’t have even played him in the second half, in my opinion."

There is nothing definitive as of yet, but it doesn't sound good.

They never should have fired Lucky.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:01 pm

Good lord.

I hope that aint the case.

Wow.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:17 pm

It was a nasty fall, and then it happened again. I certainly hope it isn't broken, give him time off until after the all star break!! Anything else bad going to happen to this team this year????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Rosalie t

I did not see it. I am feeling pretty blue here. Cheer me up!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:35 pm

Think positively Jeb! Believe me, I have seen some of the best of them go down only to come back miraculously and win games!!! I just pray it isn't broken. I can deal with a sprain. He looked like it hurt like hell when it happened though, so nothing would surprise me. It is amazing, the Celtics haven't issued a statement as to his condition, yet every major outlet out there has him with a broken foot. I just want to shut them all up!!!
Paul is a warrior, if it isn't broken, he will be back faster than most players.
If it is broken, I am sorry to say, there goes the season. However, I will think positively, he will return and he will make them all be sorry!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Rosalie: Your optimism is admirable. However the season was gone before Pierce's injury. Garnett will never be the same. Ray's 3 point prowess has gone south. We don't have a bench player with Posey's toughnes and versatility, and we didn't have the decency to re-sign Leon. But we gave 35 year old R. Wallace a 3 year contract!-Go Figure!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:56 pm

I will agree with you on one thing, Leon should definitely have been resigned.
Thee is no one down under the basket willing to do the dirty work that he did. I am not a Glen Davis fan, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see him packaged in a deal. As far as KG is concerned, he probably won't be the same, but I am willing to wait a while on the burial of him and Ray. How much do you expect one guy to do. He runs all over that floor every night. He played great defense on Kobe the other day, even the final shot. Hey, much as I hate to admit it, Kobe is the best in the business when the chips are on the line. I agree Ray has lost a step or two, but I still think he is a versatile player to come off the bench. So......my friend.....I am not giving up yet!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:00 pm

The only chips I'd like to see Kobe down with is Buffalo Chips!-As far as the 2010 title-ANYBODY BUT THE LAKERS!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Me either Rosalie
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:03 pm

While Ray is past his prime, his performance would be better with LESS minutes. Doc is driving him WAY too hard, but Doc's too dumb to realize it!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:06 pm

Just remember the balloons!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Rosalie

I will kick agin the pricks til they chuck me in the dirt. Never ever give up. If Pierces foot is broken we fight with what we have.

It's all relative. I got a thank you from dana farber today for the paltry amount I was able to give for cancer research. One of my dearest friends just had her jaw removed due to cancer. Her jaw.

This is sports. Not life. Though it seems dire right now compared to many of the horrors in this world we are still lucky to be relevant and have such a good group to pull for. It is a good world and well worth fighting for to go all Hemingway.

Come around more. we miss you.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:42 pm

JEB: Which Hemmingway, Muriel or Margeaux?-This comment not made in Earnest! (LOL)-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:04 pm

MD

Papa. Think it was from bell tolls.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:46 pm

Relax. Not broken.

Pierce day to day with sprain

By Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 54 minutes ago

Boston Celtics forward Paul Pierce has a left midfoot sprain and could be back playing as early as Wednesday, team sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The news thrilled Celtics officials and capped a nervous afternoon that included an NBA.com report that stated Pierce might have broken his foot during Monday’s victory over the Washington Wizards.

Team officials were legitimately concerned Pierce had indeed suffered a break before all of the Celtics’ medical staff had a chance to evaluate the test results Tuesday night. Tough they remained hopeful Pierce would be diagnosed with a sprain, they also initially figured he would be sidelined through the All-Star break.

The Celtics now think Pierce will play Sunday against the Orlando Magic – at the latest.

“I assume he won’t play [against the Miami Heat on Wednesday],” one source said. “But he should be back by the weekend.”

The Celtics could use some good news, considering how hard they’ve been hit by injuries. Pierce was sidelined five games earlier in the season after having his right knee drained. Kevin Garnett, Marquis Daniels and Glen Davis have also missed substantial time because of injuries.

“That would be a big loss,” Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo(notes) said. “He’s our bread and butter. We just got K.G. back, but it always seems to be something with us.

“That’s the NBA, though. It’s the story of our season.”

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:16 pm

I guess the basketball Gods finally gave us a break--if you pardon the pun. PP is the heart and soul of this team, I don't care what they say about Garnett, this is Paul's team. I would have hated for something like a broken foot keep
him sidelined. Like Red used to say"If you can walk, you can play"! How many times have I read that quote from Russell, Heinsohn, Cousy, Havlicek, et all.
I guess I can go to sleep now not worrying!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:25 am

Who is gonna start instead, Tony?

Is Marquis going to be back anytime soon?
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:08 am

I would not be surprised to see Daniels playing sometime next week. They keep saying he may be back before the all star break and isn't that in a week and a half?? Tony will be the starter, judging from the way he has been playing lately, and then they can bring Daniels in from the bench. Tony seems to play much better when he is on the floor with the starters. Maybe he is afraid KG will do something to him if he makes too many stupid mistakes!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:35 am

MDCelticsFan wrote:Rosalie: Your optimism is admirable. However the season was gone before Pierce's injury. Garnett will never be the same. Ray's 3 point prowess has gone south. We don't have a bench player with Posey's toughnes and versatility, and we didn't have the decency to re-sign Leon. But we gave 35 year old R. Wallace a 3 year contract!-Go Figure!-MD.

MD - I have to wonder if being this negative comes naturally, or if you have to actually work at it. Rolling Eyes
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:46 am

I will be glad to report to my 5 year old after falling for the speculation of the broken foot that PP is going to be back sooner and that it is only a strain. It was like I punched him in the gut this morning before getting to the office.

We all should have known better with PP. This was the same guy in '08 that was carried off the court, only to result in a "whachutalkin'bout" Willis Reid moment for us. Alright, can we get this train moving all in the right direction for the millionth attempted time this season?!!! Go Celtics!! Put in Tony for tonight. He can handle it for a couple of days. He's earned it.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:25 am

Big "Phew!!".

That was close.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 am

Mrkleen,

MD just likes to rattle people's chains. Everything he says is tongue in cheek. He really knows better.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Get your rest PP, dont rush it back.

Tony will do just fine.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:00 pm

Sam: The only problem is when someone rattles the Celtics chains lately their have been too many weak links. Not sausage links or Mod Squad Links!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next