NBA trade rumor: Teams are interested in Brandon Bass

4 posters

Go down

NBA trade rumor: Teams are interested in Brandon Bass Empty NBA trade rumor: Teams are interested in Brandon Bass

Post by 112288 Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:02 am

SB NATION

By Jeff Clark  @celticsblog

Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports

I bring you the least surprising trade buzz imaginable.  NBA teams are inquiring about Brandon Bass.

Scouts and opposing front-office types have begun to speak and inquire about the 29-year-old forward, a practice that’s generally a precursor to discussing a trade. Danny Ainge could not be reached on whether teams have called about Bass — not that he would say anyway — but it certainly makes sense.

What can the Celtics get for Brandon Bass?

Kevin O'Connor

From the start, Brandon Bass has been big man walking.  He's only here until the right team ponies up the right price.  In fact, this past offseason there was a rumor that Ainge was willing to give Bass to the Golden St. Warriors for nothing (in order to clear additional cap space).  That deal fell through and we don't know all the particulars of the deal, but it highlights his ever present availability.

Obviously the team has a couple of up and coming power forwards and Bass is a bit of a luxury on a team that can't really afford too many luxuries.  So none of this should come as any surprise.

In fact, the notion that Bass could be traded is so prevalent, that players in the locker room don't even bat an eye and actually seem warm to the idea of their comrade finding greener pastures elsewhere in the NBA.

"If there's a team competing for a championship and they could steal him, that'd be big," said Rajon Rondo. "He's one of the best mid-range shooters in the league.Upon hearing that teams are talking about Bass, Gerald Wallace nodded his head.

"That doesn't surprise me," he said. "Brandon is an exceptional big. He's very good in the pick and roll, and he's very good defensively at moving his feet. He's one of our best defensive bigs we have, so it doesn't surprise me at all.

"It's great that people are recognizing what he's doing and that teams are interested in him."

Yep, it seems like a matter of "when," not "if" Brandon Bass will be traded.  He's a very solid player who's been a good solider for this team all along.  He's got some real value to this team as a mentor and defensive presence and all that.  But in the big picture, if Danny Ainge can move him for additional assets that will help this team next year and beyond, it might make a lot of sense to do so.

After all, he's a free agent this offseason and if he doesn't fit into the team's long term plans, it would be best to get something for him now.  (Basically, apply all the "logic" that I reject in regards to Rajon Rondo, and apply it to Bass and I totally agree.)

Back to top Go down

NBA trade rumor: Teams are interested in Brandon Bass Empty Re: NBA trade rumor: Teams are interested in Brandon Bass

Post by k_j_88 Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:13 pm

I don't like a trade of Bass unless it's a package that brings in a major piece.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

NBA trade rumor: Teams are interested in Brandon Bass Empty Re: NBA trade rumor: Teams are interested in Brandon Bass

Post by 112288 Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:29 pm

Yep...Agree!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Hope Danny feels the same way.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:47 pm

Hard to see Bass alone get us a major piece.

his 6.9M salary thats' expiring and his skill set, simply isn't going to get anything more than another 5-6M expiring player or a trade exception or a draft picks down the line.

on the other hand Bass and Green combined are at over 16M in salarys

Bass and Rondo are almost 20M.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down