DALLAS' FIRST ROUND PICK - NOT WHAT YOU WERE EXPECTING

2 posters

Go down

DALLAS' FIRST ROUND PICK - NOT WHAT YOU WERE EXPECTING Empty DALLAS' FIRST ROUND PICK - NOT WHAT YOU WERE EXPECTING

Post by 112288 Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:09 am

YAHOO SPORTS VIA CSNE

The Celtics were reportedly pretty pleased with what they ended up getting in return for Rajon Rondo, but when seeing just how heavily the first round draft pick was protected that they got in exchange for the All-Star point guard, that idea becomes less believable by the second.

Boston finally decided to pull the trigger on a deal for Rondo, who the team dangled in trade talks at various times over the past three seasons. But there’s no logical argument that could say the team got a decent return, even when considering that Rondo will require an expensive long-term deal when he becomes an unrestricted free agent at the conclusion of the current season.

The haul became even less appealing once the protection on the first round draft pick that the Celtics were to receive became public knowledge.

From Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:

Sources: Protections on the 2015 first-round pick Dallas sent Boston: Protected 1-3 and 15-30 in 2015; 2016-2020 protected to No. 7.
The problem with getting future draft picks from perennially good teams like the Mavericks is that they’ll almost always be less relevant selections near the end of the first round.

The protections on this pick essentially guarantee that Boston won’t be able to use it until 2016, which will only further delay the team’s ability to get someone useful in exchange for Rondo that can become a productive member of the roster.

Back to top Go down

DALLAS' FIRST ROUND PICK - NOT WHAT YOU WERE EXPECTING Empty Re: DALLAS' FIRST ROUND PICK - NOT WHAT YOU WERE EXPECTING

Post by 112288 Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:15 am

I think Danny must be indulging and sampling some Medical Marijuana from Mass General ..............what was he smoking.........I mean thinking in this trade..............the Lakers offer was better..............I even think you could have gotten some nice young immediate players from the Knicks.

Back to top Go down

DALLAS' FIRST ROUND PICK - NOT WHAT YOU WERE EXPECTING Empty Re: DALLAS' FIRST ROUND PICK - NOT WHAT YOU WERE EXPECTING

Post by kdp59 Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:54 am

they are all just assets to move later.

some don't seem to get that Rondo was NOT going to be here next year.

he said he wanted MAX salary and it should be obvious to all now that Ainge didn't feel he was worth it.

we have to pay Nelson $2.8M next year (that's IF he hasn't been moved).

what did LA offer. J. Hill (and his $9M salary Next year), Nash and a first for Rondo AND Green? I saw that RUMOURED.

I also saw they offered Nash and draft pick for Rondo and Ainge said no.

as far as we know NY offered NOTHING for Rondo.

If Ainge moves Green for a draft pick (as has been rumored) then what he is doing is trying to get the Celtics BELOW the cap next year, to be a player in the Free agent market.

I have to admit it does kinda amaze me that people sem to be more upset about Rondo being traded , then they were Pierce.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:19 am

KDp

I'll tell you why, Pierce had his day....but his career is coming to an end while Rondo has the next 5 years of good basketball left......he was also the last of the great players from our golden years of the big 3.

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:16 am

112288 wrote:KDp

I'll tell you why, Pierce had his day....but his career is coming to an end while Rondo has the next 5 years of good basketball left......he was also the last of the great players from our golden years of the big 3.

perhaps he does, I think Rondo will be renewed playing with Dirk and the bunch. But Rondo simply wasn't the same guy here this year. maybe he had already checked out, maybe it was the coaching, maybe the year after year trade rumors had gotten to him, I don't know what it was/is.

I don't think anyone doubts that Ainge got the best he could in trading Rondo. Was it what Celtic fans wanted, of course not, we wanted Durant or James or (insert your favorite all -pro player that was NOT going to be traded for Rondo here).
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down