It's Not Personal, It's Business

4 posters

Go down

It's Not Personal, It's Business Empty It's Not Personal, It's Business

Post by dboss Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:53 am

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

It's Not Personal, It's Business Empty Re: It's Not Personal, It's Business

Post by gyso Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:56 am

Humbug!!

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:30 am

denial and isolation

anger

Bargaining

depression

acceptance

I hope everyone can move through safely.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:39 am

kdp59

Moving along here.

I thought this was going to be a makeover but now I can see that a complete rebuild is in the works.

I see Danny just sitting there behind that big desk stacking his gold coins (draft picks)

Sooner or later he will have to splurge on that big duck hanging in the window.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:51 am

yep, but the good thing is he may be able to start "buying" sooner now.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:18 am

kdp59

This morning I was listening to Mike & Mike and Golic said that Danny was hoarding his picks which led me to the theme about A Christmas Carol.

I do not actually believe that.  And you may very well be correct in terms of the timeframe for using his collection of picks.

My wish would be that the rebuild focuses on structuring the team for the long haul.

I would prefer not to see a bunch of half-baked veterans added.  

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:16 pm

This thread has to be the best collection of quick hits on the Rondo deal so far.  I know I'm taking the lazy man's way out here on responses or comments, but my time today is limited and I wanted to get some thoughts in too.

by dboss Today at 9:53 am

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”

dboss

Maybe even better than yesterday's Godfather quote; timely with the Christmas season too.
------------
Post by kdp59 Today at 10:30 am

denial and isolation

anger

Bargaining

depression

acceptance

Funny and poignantly true at the same time, for anyone checking in here.  Best thing I've read since the deal was announced.
------------
by dboss Today at 10:39 am

kdp59

Moving along here.

I thought this was going to be a makeover but now I can see that a complete rebuild is in the works.

I see Danny just sitting there behind that big desk stacking his gold coins (draft picks)

dboss

I hope that duck has a good wingspan, can play defense and rebound too.
------------
by dboss Today at 11:18 am

kdp59

This morning I was listening to Mike & Mike and Golic said that Danny was hoarding his picks which led me to the theme about A Christmas Carol.

I do not actually believe that.  And you may very well be correct in terms of the timeframe for using his collection of picks.

My wish would be that the rebuild focuses on structuring the team for the long haul.

dboss

Agreed; my wish from the beginning.  We can take the opportunity to buck current trends and do this right, or try and go for another one-shot deal.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:39 pm

in another thread here, a writer pointed out the possible salary cap for the Celtics IF Green and/or Nelson opt out (or are traded).

in my response I pointed out that IF the story was true and it happens that way Ainge and the Celtics can have enough cap space to sing ANY UFA out there.

Gasol?

name you player....of course said player would ahev to WANT to be here. perhaps thats another story.

so when I said that the "buying" may be sooner than we thought, I was talking about this off-season...or maybe in 2016 (Durant?).

If Ainge wants a MAX star player, he certainly can get the team in place to sign one now.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:42 pm

NYCelt wrote:This thread has to be the best collection of quick hits on the Rondo deal so far.  I know I'm taking the lazy man's way out here on responses or comments, but my time today is limited and I wanted to get some thoughts in too.

by dboss Today at 9:53 am

dboss

Maybe even better than yesterday's Godfather quote; timely with the Christmas season too.
------------
Post by kdp59 Today at 10:30 am

denial and isolation

anger

Bargaining

depression

acceptance

Funny and poignantly true at the same time, for anyone checking in here.  Best thing I've read since the deal was announced.
------------
by dboss Today at 10:39 am

kdp59

Moving along here.

dboss

I hope that duck has a good wingspan, can play defense and rebound too.
------------
by dboss Today at 11:18 am

kdp59

dboss

Agreed; my wish from the beginning.  We can take the opportunity to buck current trends and do this right, or try and go for another one-shot deal.

NYCelt

Well here we go again.  It will be interesting to see how this rebuild differs or is similar to the pre 2008 project

By the way happy holidays...Just got my Part A Medicare Card in the mail.  You would think that will all the medicare taxes that I paid over the years they could have at least lamenated the damn thing.

dbioss.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down