I guess Pekovic is on the block for sure.

4 posters

Go down

I guess Pekovic is on the block for sure. Empty I guess Pekovic is on the block for sure.

Post by kdp59 Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:42 am

Darren Wolfson: There's at least one hurdle to still overcome for Raduljica to #Twolves. But signs, yes, still pointing toward it happening. Twitter @DarrenWolfson

Rumors tagsMinnesota Timberwolves, Free Agency, Miroslav Raduljica
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/minnesota_timberwolves#sthash.GvtvHKY9.dpuf

Jerry Zgoda: Flip said there's "no question" team needs to add size to help take load off Gorgui, who's showing the wear at times Twitter @JerryZgoda

Rumors tagsMinnesota Timberwolves, Free Agency, Trade, Flip Saunders
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/minnesota_timberwolves#sthash.GvtvHKY9.dpuf

My take:

Pekovic is injured yet AGAIN and I guess Flip is ready to admit signing him long term was a mistake. He's on the books for 4 MORE years at about $12M per.

Should Ainge consider the oft injured 28YO big man, for say Wright and Bass and their expiring deals?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

I guess Pekovic is on the block for sure. Empty Re: I guess Pekovic is on the block for sure.

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:58 am

Pekovic is a bull, VERY difficult to move off his spot on the low blocks.  He is NOT a rim protector, nor is he a runner so he won't be getting buckets in transition like Zeller and Kelly will.

We need a baseline defender/paint protector/intimidator/call him whatever you want.  Pekovic is not one of them.  Dieng is but, as this report says, isn't built to be a full-time starting NBA  center.

Big bucks longterm for a player that is injured a lot and isn't what we really need when he is healthy anyway?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

I guess Pekovic is on the block for sure. Empty Re: I guess Pekovic is on the block for sure.

Post by dboss Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:08 am

Seems like a lot of money given all the games that he has missed plus he is not an upgrade over Zeller.

We need a rim protector and it is not a strength of Pekovic.

Bob funny I just saw your post as I was writing mine.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:27 am

dboss wrote:Seems like a lot of money given all the games that he has missed plus he is not an upgrade over Zeller.  

We need a rim protector and it is not a strength of Pekovic.

Bob funny I just saw your post as I was writing mine.

dboss

Dboss,

Great minds think alike, they just don't type equally fast.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:06 am

The Cs can do much better than Pekovic. Just because he may be available I bet that Ainge has already dismissed his availability.

He is big and tough, but not a good enough individual defender, not a rim protector (as was already mentioned) off the ball, and seemingly too injury prone as well.

Again, there will be better options for the Celtics before this season's trade deadline.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down