Only a Few Days Left to Get in on the Annual Sam's Celtics Forum Get-together in Boston

+4
beat
mrkleen09
bobc33
8 posters

Go down

Only a Few Days Left to Get in on the Annual Sam's Celtics Forum Get-together in Boston Empty Only a Few Days Left to Get in on the Annual Sam's Celtics Forum Get-together in Boston

Post by Sam Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:29 pm

This year's combination meal/Celtics game will be held on Sunday, April 12.  (Unfortunately, there are no Saturday home games.)  The game, against Lebron and his Cavalier teammates, begins at 3:00, and we'll be having luncheon together before the game rather than after, so people who have a distance to travel can leave for home by 6:00 p.m.

The decision has not yet been made as to where to have lunch, but the plan is to meet/socialize/have drinks beginning at 11:30 a.m and eat somewhere in the 12:30 -12:45 range.  That should leave plenty of time to socialize, dine, and get to TD Garden in time for the game.

Last season, we ate at Boston Beer Works on Canal Street very near the Garden.  It seemed to be fine from my point of view, but I'm not booking it until everyone has had a couple of days to tell me if it wasn't satisfactory.

Anyway, it's best to reserve your tickets sooner rather than later because they're holding only 21 in our balcony section.  The price is $60 per ticket.

Reserving tickets is as easy as 1-2-3:

1. Call 1-617-399-8410 and ask for Molly MacDonnell OR send an email to mmacdonnell@celtics.com

2. Tell (or write) her that you wish to purchase seats in the balcony section reserved for the Sam's Celtics Forum account.

3. Give her your credit card information, your mailing address, and your phone number.

She's in the office from 8:30 to 5:30 Monday-Friday.

They'll mail your tickets to you.  Last year I received mine about two weeks before the game.  If you have any questions for me, feel free to post them on this thread or email me at SlipSamCelt@aol.com

As soon as we pick a place to meet/greet/eat, I'll post to that effect.  I'll probably be booking it on Thursday of this week; so, if you're against Boston Beer Works, please let me know before then.  But, wherever we eat, it will be within walking distance of the garden, and we'll be getting together at 11:30 and planning to eat around 12:30-12:45.

After you purchase your ticket, please post on this thread the number who will be attending the game and the number who will be dining with us.  I'll have to give a fairly close estimate of dining attendees to whatever place we choose.

Let's regard this as the official "Celtics Game 2015 Thread."  Any news I have will be posted on this thread rather than on a separate thread.

I hope to see you there.  And Go Celtics!

Best regards,

Sam

Last edited by sam on Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Only a Few Days Left to Get in on the Annual Sam's Celtics Forum Get-together in Boston Empty Re: Only a Few Days Left to Get in on the Annual Sam's Celtics Forum Get-together in Boston

Post by bobc33 Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:31 pm

ROAD TRIP!!!!   cheers cheers cheers

I ordered my five tickets just now.  Our youngest Forum member Brandon and his family will be joining us from Western MA for their first Celtics game in Boston and we'll be dining.

Back to top Go down

Only a Few Days Left to Get in on the Annual Sam's Celtics Forum Get-together in Boston Empty Re: Only a Few Days Left to Get in on the Annual Sam's Celtics Forum Get-together in Boston

Post by Sam Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:43 pm

Bump
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:13 am

So sorry, but I will not be able to attend this year. I am DJing out of town the night before and wont be able to make it back in time.

Hope you all have a great time and post up some pictures.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:11 am

Bobc,

Wow, that'll be a distinct pleasure.  This should be a good time, and I hope it will be a good game.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:15 am

Mrkleen,

We'll definitely miss you.

Any chance you could send Erin and (did I get this right) Owen?

Only kidding.  I know they wouldn't come without you, but that would be another pleasure.

Good luck with the DJ gig.  Those sound like a lot of fun.  When I see so many DJs being sued on Judge Judy for malfeasance, I realize it's not an easy job because it can make or break an event.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:12 am

Thanks for your kind words Sam.

DJing is fun, but yes - people think you just show up and play music and there is much more to it than that.  I always say it is more sociology than mixology.

I also wanted to mention I got a new job (Finally) at Puma on the global marketing team just a few blocks from the TD Garden in Boston.  Trying to convince them to add the Celtics as one of their teams - but no luck so far Smile

Erin and Owen are great.  He is growing like a weed and starting to crawl and get into everything.  I have attached a new picture here.

Only a Few Days Left to Get in on the Annual Sam's Celtics Forum Get-together in Boston Owen-w10
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:22 am

Go Owen!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:39 am

Due to conflicts I won't be able to make it. I'm sure BobC33 will provide a tour of where he worked too. Maybe by then the snow will have melted too. I will be with the kids tomorrow at the Celtics game vs the Grizz, just a one day in and then the next day at the HOF....... We have pretty good seats (according to Marcus) several rows above the C's bench off to the end of the arena.

Hopefully Thomas didn't get hurt too bad last eve. Really want to see him live !!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:35 am

beat wrote:Due to conflicts I won't be able to make it. I'm sure BobC33 will provide a tour of where he worked too.  Maybe by then the snow will have melted too.  I will be with the kids tomorrow at the Celtics game vs the Grizz, just a one day in and then the next day at the HOF....... We have pretty good seats (according to Marcus) several rows above the C's bench off to the end of the arena.

Hopefully Thomas didn't get hurt too bad last eve. Really want to see him live !!

beat

Beat, bummer you can't make it. I have two more places to show you out in the burbs!

But seriously we'll miss you and Marcus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:12 am

Mrkleen,

Many, many congratulations on the job with Puma.  They used to be a client, and they're a good company.  It'll be interesting if you get into the machinations of basketball teams and footwear.  I assume no player of any note pays for his footwear.  The other evening, Mike and Tommy commented on the fact that no two Celtics wear the same footwear.  I remember when the only matter of conjecture was whether the Celtics would wear white high-tops or black high-tops.

You should have a great time working there.  All the best.

Wow, a Radio wagon.  That's akin to baptism isn't it?  What a good looking young person.  Actually he looks pretty much the same to me as in his baby picture—just a lot bigger.  I remember the crawling days.  Cupboards beware!  What a super time of life, with a healthy, happy, growing child, a great wife, and a new job.  You are to be envied.  Keep the good times rolling, and best to Erin and Owen.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:14 am

Beat,

Have a great time at the game.  Hope you get to see Isaiah.  Best to the young people too.  We'll miss you at our get-together, but we'll toast the missing members.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:35 am

bobc33 wrote:
beat wrote:Due to conflicts I won't be able to make it. I'm sure BobC33 will provide a tour of where he worked too.  Maybe by then the snow will have melted too.  I will be with the kids tomorrow at the Celtics game vs the Grizz, just a one day in and then the next day at the HOF....... We have pretty good seats (according to Marcus) several rows above the C's bench off to the end of the arena.

beat

Beat, bummer you can't make it.  I have two more places to show you out in the burbs!

But seriously we'll miss you and Marcus.

I can always say... (like the CUBS) there is always next year !!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:58 am

Bump
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:24 am

Sam,
Count Karen and myself in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:52 am

Looking forward to it, 112288.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:28 pm

We won't be able to make it. Logistics and money.

Maybe next time . . .

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:48 pm

Sam, Bill and I will not be able to make it this year, I am really sorry Both of us are dealing with some health issues and it just would be foolish to commit and then not be able to come. I will miss meeting up with all of you, have a wonderful time.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:02 pm

I wish all members a great time (although did you have to pick a game with Cavs? Shocked ).

Maybe some year I'll be able to make it but I doubt it unless I win the lottery - highly unlikely as I never buy a ticket!

I hope Sam can sell his house and meet up with me in Berlin. Then we could have a mini-get-together.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:12 pm

Rosalie and gyso,

Sorry you won't be able to make it.  Perfectly understandable in both your situations.  Since some of the "regulars" of the past may won't make it, I'm hoping that some of our relatively newer members will take their places.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:56 am

Any more takers for our 2015 Boston basketball get-together?  Or are we going to be a small, intimate group?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:47 am

Bump.
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:32 am

Bump
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:46 pm

We're a little more than a month away from the April 12 event.  Checking to see if anyone else is interested.  At some point, I have to notify the Celtics that it's okay to use the unspoken-for tickets as they wish.

Thanks,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:46 pm

Bump
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down