Evan Turner to Brad Stevens' son: 'Tell your dad to stop yelling at me.'

3 posters

Go down

Evan Turner to Brad Stevens' son: 'Tell your dad to stop yelling at me.' Empty Evan Turner to Brad Stevens' son: 'Tell your dad to stop yelling at me.'

Post by bobheckler Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:24 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25126218/evan-turner-to-brad-stevens-son-tell-your-dad-to-stop-yelling-at-me

Evan Turner to Brad Stevens' son: 'Tell your dad to stop yelling at me.'
By Ananth Pandian | NBA writer
March 28, 2015 12:02 am ET

Evan Turner to Brad Stevens' son: 'Tell your dad to stop yelling at me.' USATSI_8480600
Evan Turner is pals with Brad Stevens' son. (USATSI)

Evan Turner had a solid game with 15 points, seven rebounds and five assists in the Celtics' win over the New York Knicks. He did also have five turnovers which may have brought the wrath of his coach Brad Stevens.

While Stevens is usually quite stoic on the sideline, apparently he has been frequently yelling at Turner. This is according to Turner, who wants his coach to stop yelling at him. Interestingly enough, he didn't confront Stevens about this issue. Instead he confronted Stevens' son.

gary washburn @GwashburnGlobe
Follow
In the #Celtics locker room, Evan Turner says to Brad Stevens' son Brady, "Tell your dad to stop yelling at me."
7:34 PM - 27 Mar 2015 Manhattan, NY, United States
44 RETWEETS  67 FAVORITES

Stevens' son must have took this comment in stride because he then complimented Turner.

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
Follow
Brad Stevens' kid in locker room, tells Evan Turner "You're in the top 25 in statistics."
Turner: "Thanks, tell Danny Ainge that."
7:36 PM - 27 Mar 2015
59 RETWEETS  91 FAVORITES

It is quite vague what statistics Stevens' son is referring to but he may be looking at his dad's analytics report which could have Turner in the top 25 of a specialized statistical category. But you have to hand it to Turner who is on a two-year contract with the Celtics, he is making friends with the coach's son which may help him in the long run.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Evan Turner to Brad Stevens' son: 'Tell your dad to stop yelling at me.' Empty Re: Evan Turner to Brad Stevens' son: 'Tell your dad to stop yelling at me.'

Post by Sam Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:08 pm

It builds character, Evan.  At least Brad cares about you enough to try to make you better.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Evan Turner to Brad Stevens' son: 'Tell your dad to stop yelling at me.' Empty Re: Evan Turner to Brad Stevens' son: 'Tell your dad to stop yelling at me.'

Post by Sloopjohnb Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:09 am

Russell said that he only began to appreciate some of the subtle psychological aspects of motivating players when he began coaching.

As an example, he said that Auerbach always yelled at Nelson and Sanders and always as a pair and always in a way that Russ thought was impersonal and unnecessarily nasty.

When Russell became coach he was determined to treat Nellie and Satch better. Justice for Don Nelson and Satch Sanders.

The result was odd. It wasn't that Nelson and Sanders played badly but they didn't have the same edge. Something was missing.

Russ began yelling at them like Auerbach did. They regained whatever it was they had lost.

Yelling at Satch and Nellie became as routine as taping ankles before practice. In fact, Russ said that he'd look at his watch and say, "Yup, it's time to yell at Satch and Nellie."

Turner is having his best year. Maye Stevens has found a way to squeeze that little bit more out of him.

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down