***OFFICIAL: Cavs get Antwan Jamison! (Part of 6 player 3 team trade)***

5 posters

Go down

***OFFICIAL: Cavs get Antwan Jamison! (Part of 6 player 3 team trade)*** Empty ***OFFICIAL: Cavs get Antwan Jamison! (Part of 6 player 3 team trade)***

Post by Brandon$$ Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:20 pm

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS GET
Antwan Jamison
Sebastian Telfair

L.A. CLIPPERS GET
Drew Gooden

WASHINGTON WIZARDS GET
Al Thornton
Brian Skinner
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Cavs 1st Round Pick

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

The Cleveland Cavaliers have reached agreement on a six-player, three-team trade that lands them former All-Star forward Antawn Jamison, league sources with knowledge of the talks told Yahoo! Sports. The Cavaliers are sending center Zydrunas Ilgauskas and a first-round pick to the Wizards. The Wizards also will receive Brian Skinner and Al Thornton from the Los Angeles Clippers. The Cavaliers will get point guard Sebastian Telfair from the Clippers. The Wizards will send Drew Gooden to the Clippers. Yahoo! Sports

Adrian Wojnaroski: The Clippers plan to buyout Drew Gooden's contract and allow him to become a free agent, a league source told Y! Sports. Twitter.com

Last edited by Banks$ on Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

***OFFICIAL: Cavs get Antwan Jamison! (Part of 6 player 3 team trade)*** Empty Re: ***OFFICIAL: Cavs get Antwan Jamison! (Part of 6 player 3 team trade)***

Post by Brandon$$ Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Cleveland just got a whole lot more tougher to beat. I was actually hoping they got Amare Stoudemire, who would clog up the lane for LeBron. Plus I think a O'Neal-Stoudemire frontcourt would've messed things up for them.

But now they have that shooting power-forward thats gonna stretch the floor and make things easier for LBJ...
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

***OFFICIAL: Cavs get Antwan Jamison! (Part of 6 player 3 team trade)*** Empty Re: ***OFFICIAL: Cavs get Antwan Jamison! (Part of 6 player 3 team trade)***

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:05 am

Good work by the Cavs.

I kinda liked Z just for being a big slow bald guy Very Happy but Jamison is obviously legit and serves their needs a lot better.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:47 am

Banks$ wrote:CLEVELAND CAVALIERS GET
Antwan Jamison
Sebastian Telfair

L.A. CLIPPERS GET
Drew Gooden

WASHINGTON WIZARDS GET
Al Thornton
Brian Skinner
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Cavs 1st Round Pick

The Cleveland Cavaliers have reached agreement on a six-player, three-team trade that lands them former All-Star forward Antawn Jamison, league sources with knowledge of the talks told Yahoo! Sports. The Cavaliers are sending center Zydrunas Ilgauskas and a first-round pick to the Wizards. The Wizards also will receive Brian Skinner and Al Thornton from the Los Angeles Clippers. The Cavaliers will get point guard Sebastian Telfair from the Clippers. The Wizards will send Drew Gooden to the Clippers. Yahoo! Sports

Adrian Wojnaroski: The Clippers plan to buyout Drew Gooden's contract and allow him to become a free agent, a league source told Y! Sports. Twitter.com

Banks$,

Any word on Z getting a buyout? I read earlier that he would get a buyout and then return to the Cav's.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon$$ Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:38 pm

gyso wrote:
Banks$ wrote:CLEVELAND CAVALIERS GET
Antwan Jamison
Sebastian Telfair

L.A. CLIPPERS GET
Drew Gooden

WASHINGTON WIZARDS GET
Al Thornton
Brian Skinner
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Cavs 1st Round Pick

Banks$,

Any word on Z getting a buyout? I read earlier that he would get a buyout and then return to the Cav's.

gyso

I'm not sure, I just read on hoopshype that Miami is trying to go after Carlos Boozer in a last minute blockbuster and that they recruited Washington as a 3rd team. So Zydrunas might be on the move again.

I also read that Atlanta has interest in him, so who knows? If he does get bought out and still feeling bitter about the Cavs trading him he might sign with a rival team in the east.

But i think if he does get bought out he'll end up signing back on with Cleveland. Just have to wait & see i guess.
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Banks$,

gyso.

gyso,

Why? You want him?

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:23 pm

bobheckler wrote:Banks$,

gyso.

gyso,

Why? You want him?

bob

bob,

No, I just think he will go back to the Cavs. Just wondering if the OP had heard anything additional and/or concrete regarding a buyout.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Gyso- hope you're doing well, sir.

I'm assuming there's a "wink wink" deal that they will buy out Z.

what make sit a little more interesting though is that the Wiz got under the lux tax line by dealing Mcguire to Sacto. So they are now under nowhere near the pressure to reach a buyout with Z that they were before. IN fact, they now have all the leverage. I'm assuming Z will basically walk away from his remaining salary in return for them cutting him (and that Dan Gilbert will take care of him later), but it might get more interesting than it originally looked like.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down