mrkleen09
Pumpsie Green
dbrown4
swedeinestonia
bobheckler
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

KNICK CELTIC DEAL FINALIZED - MULTIPLE PLAYERS - Page 4 Empty Re: KNICK CELTIC DEAL FINALIZED - MULTIPLE PLAYERS

Post by gyso Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:04 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Sorry about that, Bob. That was the Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation scene coming out in me. It seemed to fit my conjured up Danny ranting fantasy perfectly!

My wife's and my daughters's favorite holiday movie. They can quote any part of it. My wife, when questioning me, says, "Are you Serious Clark?"

Too funny.

Last edited by gyso on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed the quote)
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

KNICK CELTIC DEAL FINALIZED - MULTIPLE PLAYERS - Page 4 Empty Re: KNICK CELTIC DEAL FINALIZED - MULTIPLE PLAYERS

Post by gyso Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:16 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Actually, gyso, the Sam Kinneson classroom scene from "Back to School" has to be the best funniest scene of all time. OK, I'm through!! Sam, don't cut me off!!

"I like you, gyso. I'm going to keep my eye on you!"

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfgrj_62-Y

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:31 pm

I like Nate Robinson and feel he is an upgrade over House although he is not as good a 3 point shooter. he is a better ball handler and can take his man off the dribble and penetrate the lane. That is something that Eddie could not do.

Defensively he can harass people but is also subject to being posted up by bigger guards.

The move improves the team short term but at the same time adds more uncertainty to the on-going chemistry issues experienced by the team because of all the players that have been out with injuries. Now we add another high strung personality to the mix...

Does this moves make me feel like we significantly improved our chances to win the championship this year? hell no not after what the Cavs were able to accomplish.

Do I think we got value for what we gave up. Again hell no and as a matter of fact Danny Ainge got fleeced and mugged and also contributed greatly to a division opponent whom we rarely ever would do anything for.

If this was a poker game you would have to say "all in" because this trade pretty much limits the ability of the Celtics to add better pieces next year.

I'm hoping that Nate can raise the level of intensity of the second unit and also bring stability to the first unit when Rondo is not in the game.

With respect to the Ray Allen stay of execution, unless trading him would have resulted in improving the team it is better that he was not traded. There are so many unknowns here. Will Ray find a consistent stroke, will KG continue to loosen up the bum leg, Will Wallace provide the defense, rebounding and post scoring that we need?

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:21 am

I heard reports that Nate Robinson had the flu and was actually in the hospital yesterday or today but here's another reason we haven't seen him yet (from tomorrow's New York Times):

"The Knicks received official clearance on McGrady and Sergio Rodriguez late Friday night, but they were still waiting for clearance on the three players acquired in the Nate Robinson trade: Eddie House, Bill Walker and J. R. Giddens. A traded player is not eligible until all players in the deal have reported to their teams and passed their physical examinations."

And addendum to article:

"... Bill Walker, acquired in the Nate Robinson trade, reported to the Knicks on Friday. Eddie House and J. R. Giddens are expected on Saturday."

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:54 am

Sorry, I was off a little on my quote gyso!! I do like the way you think and I will be watching you. Truly the greatest (most humorous) scene in all of cinema. The funny thing behind that whole scene was it was documented that everyone involved with the movie (director, etc) really wrestled with cutting it because they knew if Sam did the scene as is, he would dominate the entire movie, which he did. I'm glad they left it in.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4