Celtics Were Offered First Round Pick At Deadline For Avery Bradley

4 posters

Go down

Celtics Were Offered First Round Pick At Deadline For Avery Bradley Empty Celtics Were Offered First Round Pick At Deadline For Avery Bradley

Post by bobheckler Mon May 18, 2015 12:23 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/237839/Celtics-Were-Offered-First-Round-Pick-At-Deadline-For-Avery-Bradley

Celtics Were Offered First Round Pick At Deadline For Avery Bradley
MAY 17, 2015 9:07 PM

The Boston Celtics rejected a trade offer at the deadline of a first round pick for Avery Bradley.

Bradley was on the first season of a four-year, $32 million deal with the Celtics.

Bradley is a well-known favorite of Danny Ainge with his versatility on defense.

bob
MY NOTE:  First of all, it would take more than a pick to get a player making $8M/year, so this is an incomplete report.  The numbers just don't match up.  Secondly, the rumor I heard was the trade was with Chicago for Taj Gibson.  Now, the numbers work, but if we already have Turner for cheap and a keeper in Jae Crowder and a financial boat anchor with Gerald Wallace (not a reflection on his locker room and even on court contributions, but his salary is brutal and hard to unload) and a project in James Young and a nice piece with Gigi, where's the big value TO US of a soon-to-be 30 year old Gibson?

Bradley is unique on this team that he can defend PGs and SGs.  There are questions about his durability and if he can defend at a high level and contribute on offense too but I would think if Danny was going to trade Bradley for a pick it would have to be better than Chicago's and the player would probably be for someone who is not fitting into an already deep depth chart.  Yeah, I know that we could let go of Gigi without too much pain (although, if what Brad and Danny are saying about "needing better shooting" then replacing Gigi with Gibson would not be the way to go) but it just doesn't seem like Gibson's better days are ahead of him.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics Were Offered First Round Pick At Deadline For Avery Bradley Empty Re: Celtics Were Offered First Round Pick At Deadline For Avery Bradley

Post by Sam Mon May 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Glad they didn't trade for Gibson, but Avery is at the top of my list of Celtics players likely to be a featured player in a package deal.

sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Celtics Were Offered First Round Pick At Deadline For Avery Bradley Empty Re: Celtics Were Offered First Round Pick At Deadline For Avery Bradley

Post by kdp59 Mon May 18, 2015 1:59 pm

If Ainge gets a top level player (Love, Aldridge, etc) then Bradley becomes the #3 scorer here.

a much better fit for him and us then.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Mon May 18, 2015 2:53 pm

I could also see Bradley traded this summer, too. In fact, I was willing to trade Bradley for Thomas earlier in the winter before Ainge finally did trade to get Thomas.

I do not think that Bradley is a terrible player in any way, but he can probably be replaced in almost everything that he brings to the table for the Cs. His defense is still carrying him, but he is not as good a defender as he was a couple of years ago. His efforts always seem to be very good. His outside shot is very, very streaky--good some games and poor the next. He does not drive to the hoop very well and has lots of trouble finishing when he does get to the hoop. He has terrible turnovers when he does try to handle the ball. He is not a good passer at all. His free throws are OK-nothing to rave about- but he does not get to the line very often. His mid range game is not very good.

So, he does some things well and does many things OK, but if he could be included in a trade to get a center or a good starting shooting wing player I would trade him now before he could get moved to the bench next year.

Turner can do everything that Bradley can do overall, in my opinion, and Turner could play the shooting guard if a first rate wing player is found in the draft or by trade. Smart can also play the shooting guard when Thomas is at the point. And, there will be a bunch of shooting guards available later in the summer who could probably also replace what most of what Bradley does and for less money even though Bradley is not grossly over paid.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down