Harlem Globetrotter and Dribbling Wizard Marques Haynes Dies

4 posters

Go down

Harlem Globetrotter and Dribbling Wizard Marques Haynes Dies Empty Harlem Globetrotter and Dribbling Wizard Marques Haynes Dies

Post by bobheckler Sun May 24, 2015 12:42 pm

At 89.

The Globetrotters are entertainers, and the Washington Generals were the designated victims, but they were great ball players nevertheless.  Don't forget, Wilt Chamberlain and Connie Hawkins were Globetrotters too.

R.I.P. Marques.  You brought smiles to a lot of us.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Harlem Globetrotter and Dribbling Wizard Marques Haynes Dies Empty Re: Harlem Globetrotter and Dribbling Wizard Marques Haynes Dies

Post by bobc33 Sun May 24, 2015 3:53 pm

Smiles to young kids and big kids all over the world.....

Back to top Go down

Harlem Globetrotter and Dribbling Wizard Marques Haynes Dies Empty Re: Harlem Globetrotter and Dribbling Wizard Marques Haynes Dies

Post by Sam Sun May 24, 2015 8:31 pm

What a thrill to see Goose Tatum and Marques Haynes play for the Trotters in the 50s.  They dedicated themselves to entertaining through basketball and did a great job of it.  They also won the invitational  Professional Basketball Tournament in 1940.  I believe it was the movie on the Globetrotters that said that originally there were only five of them and their routines were invented to allow them to rest.  I believe Marques played for the Globetrotters for only a few years, but he was one heck of a dribbler and entertainer.

Rest in peace, Marques.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon May 25, 2015 5:55 pm

RIP Marques Haynes

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down