Celtics newcomer Lee stresses importance of chemistry

2 posters

Go down

Celtics newcomer Lee stresses importance of chemistry Empty Celtics newcomer Lee stresses importance of chemistry

Post by bobheckler Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:53 am

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/celtics-newcomer-lee-stresses-importance-chemistry

Celtics newcomer Lee stresses importance of chemistry

September 25, 2015, 9:00 pm

Celtics newcomer Lee stresses importance of chemistry Byline-blakely-cdc
SHERROD BLAKELY

WALTHAM, Mass. -- Before the Boston Celtics attended Media Day at the team’s practice facility, the players had a plan on how to address the questions that were sure to come when Marcus Smart and Jared Sullinger came out with a similar streak of blonde hair down the middle of their heads.

“We tackled that subject … to have a plan of solidarity,” quipped David Lee.

And then there was the team’s softball game at Fenway Park, one in which rookie Terry Rozier and the team’s director of security Phil Lynch were standout performers; at least to Evan Turner they were.

The final score was irrelevant.

It was yet another tangible moment signaling how the Celtics, even on the eve of their first practice, were already forming the kind of bonds needed for success.

“A theme you’ll hear with me all year long is I think that the chemistry of the team, I think that’s very underrated,” said Lee who was traded to Boston from Golden State in the offseason. “That’s something we had last year in Golden State and something that is already well-established here. The guys get along great and that was part of their success towards the end of the year last year; kind of establishing that from the start with some fresh faces.”

Turner echoed similar sentiments.

Developing chemistry on and off the floor will bode well for Boston’s chances of continuing to build off of last season’s 40-42 record, which was good enough to get them into the playoffs as a 7th seed.

“The chemistry and energy is a positive vibe,” Turner said. “Everyone is looking forward to everything. I think it’s going to be a fun year. We’re going to be a really close team and do some special things.”

That said, there are some lines that a veteran like David Lee won’t cross.

When asked about getting a haircut similar to Sullinger and Smart, Lee made it clear that was not going to happen.

“I’m going to stay in my lane on that one,” Lee said.

bob
MY NOTE: Somewhere our Sam is smiling because Lee spoke of the importance of chemistry.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics newcomer Lee stresses importance of chemistry Empty Re: Celtics newcomer Lee stresses importance of chemistry

Post by dboss Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:11 am

Lee's veteran presence is a PLUS for a team trying to establish an identity.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down