Odds and Ends

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Odds and Ends

Post by jrleftfoot on Fri May 12, 2017 6:05 pm

I`m dumb where the salary cap is concerned . Do Bird Rights figure int the equation with respect to Thomas and Bradley retention. Can they be exercised AFTER  signing a free agent?
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce on Sat May 13, 2017 8:06 am

jrleftfoot wrote:I`m dumb where the salary cap is concerned . Do Bird Rights figure int the equation with respect to Thomas and Bradley retention. Can they be exercised AFTER  signing a free agent?

Thomas has a cap hold of 11.9m.
Bradley's cap hold is 13.2m.

The cap hold is what will reflect on the salary cap until both players sign new contracts with the Celtics.

If Thomas or Bradley signs elsewhere, the cap hold will be gone.

So if you're asking if the Celts can sign a free-agent before signing Thomas and Bradley to new contracts, yes, the Celts can do that.

What's important is the Celtics must be under the salary cap.

They can go over the cap to sign Thomas or Bradley as long as they sign the incoming free-agent first.

fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce on Sat May 13, 2017 8:09 am

Let me add by saying the only way the Celtics lose the Bird rights of Thomas and Bradley is if the Celtics renounce their rights to Thomas and Bradley.

There are times when you need to renounce the rights to a player so that you can have more cap space.
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot on Sun May 14, 2017 10:54 am

fierce wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:I`m dumb where the salary cap is concerned . Do Bird Rights figure int the equation with respect to Thomas and Bradley retention. Can they be exercised AFTER  signing a free agent?

Thomas has a cap hold of 11.9m.
Bradley's cap hold is 13.2m.

The cap hold is what will reflect on the salary cap until both players sign new contracts with the Celtics.

If Thomas or Bradley signs elsewhere, the cap hold will be gone.

So if you're asking if the Celts can sign a free-agent before signing Thomas and Bradley to new contracts, yes, the Celts can do that.

What's important is the Celtics must be under the salary cap.

They can go over the cap to sign Thomas or Bradley as long as they sign the incoming free-agent first.

Thanks for the lesson. I thought  it worked something like that .Didn`t know the numbers, though
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Fri May 26, 2017 2:27 pm

This is why I don't listen to either one of these two morons and I honestly cannot understand how anybody else does.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Back to top