Kobe hate-listened to 'Don't Stop Believin'' for 2 years after Celtics loss

2 posters

Go down

Kobe hate-listened to 'Don't Stop Believin'' for 2 years after Celtics loss Empty Kobe hate-listened to 'Don't Stop Believin'' for 2 years after Celtics loss

Post by bobheckler Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:56 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25426806/kobe-hate-listened-to-dont-stop-believin-for-2-years-after-celtics-loss?FTAG=YHF7e3228e

Kobe hate-listened to 'Don't Stop Believin'' for 2 years after Celtics loss

By James Herbert | NBA writer

December 26, 2015 11:33 am ET

Kobe Bryant couldn't shake the memory of Boston Celtics fans singing Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" in the 2008 NBA Finals. It happened when the Celtics blew out the Lakers 131-92 to clinch the championship in Game 6 at the TD Garden. Bryant told reporters Friday that he forced himself to keep listening to the song until Los Angeles got its revenge on Boston in 2010.

"It was a tough two years in between," Bryant told reporters. "I remember when we were losing, they p.ayed that song, that Journey song, and the whole arena started singing that song, and I hated that damn song for two years. Seriously, man. But I listened to the song every single day because it just reminded me of that feeling.

"Same thing with the Dropkick Murphys," Bryant continued. "Like, I'm listening to the Dropkick Murphys all the time just because I wanted to remember that feeling, you know what I mean? To go back in 2010 and have that redemption -- I was telling Metta [World Peace] on the bench when Paul Pierce was running back down, 'You know, Metta, I'm so damn happy we won that 2010 Finals. I'd be sick a s--- sitting here right now.' And he felt the same way."

bob
MY NOTE:  This is why Kobe is one of the GOATs.  It's his competitiveness, his drive, his will.  Remember MJ's HOF speech?  Remember how it turned out to be a list of every player who he felt dissed him and he made a point of paying back?  I don't know how healthy this is, but it does say something about the man.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Kobe hate-listened to 'Don't Stop Believin'' for 2 years after Celtics loss Empty Re: Kobe hate-listened to 'Don't Stop Believin'' for 2 years after Celtics loss

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:50 am

Fockin refs stole game 7 from us and Doc didn't use his bench enough that game, bench barely played....thats why our FG% was so bad that game.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down