Warriors win in Philly ..... by 3

3 posters

Go down

Warriors win in Philly ..... by 3 Empty Warriors win in Philly ..... by 3

Post by beat Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:21 am

Warriors won in Philly last eve, yes it was Philly and it was in Philly but they only won by 3 and the fact they won while making only 1 foul shot was a bit amazing, ( they shot 2 ) Philly was 11-20 from the stripe and if they had shot only 75 % they could have won based on final score (who knows how things would have actually played out )

GS had 23 turnovers (to 10 for  philly) and still managed to but up 95 shots. Of course they weren't going to the line.

Usually teams will go thru a poor spell, Warriors may have that but still be able to find a way, but they may only be an injury away from coming back to the pack.....a little.

(box score).....

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/golden-state-warriors-philadelphia-76ers-2016013020/

beat

Back to top Go down

Warriors win in Philly ..... by 3 Empty Re: Warriors win in Philly ..... by 3

Post by Outside Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:08 pm

Beat,

I'm hardly impartial, but I don't think they're going through a poor spell. Prior to the Philly game, they had one of their best stretches of the season -- beating the Cavs by 34, Bulls by 31, Pacers by 12, Spurs by 30, and Mavs by 20.

In the Philly game, they were up 73-54 at half and up by 24 in the third. They have a back-to-back (Knicks today), so Kerr brought in the bench much earlier than usual. Philly got on a roll and made a game of it, though they never led at any point in the game.

The Warriors this season have had an issue with losing focus against lousy opponents, and that's all this was. They play OKC next Saturday for the first time this season, and hopefully they won't stumble against lesser competition prior to that like they did losing to Detroit before the Cleveland game.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:35 pm

Outside wrote:Beat,

I'm hardly impartial, but I don't think they're going through a poor spell. Prior to the Philly game, they had one of their best stretches of the season -- beating the Cavs by 34, Bulls by 31, Pacers by 12, Spurs by 30, and Mavs by 20.

In the Philly game, they were up 73-54 at half and up by 24 in the third. They have a back-to-back (Knicks today), so Kerr brought in the bench much earlier than usual. Philly got on a roll and made a game of it, though they never led at any point in the game.

The Warriors this season have had an issue with losing focus against lousy opponents, and that's all this was. They play OKC next Saturday for the first time this season, and hopefully they won't stumble against lesser competition prior to that like they did losing to Detroit before the Cleveland game.

Never said they were currently going thru a poor spell but these guys are not any more human than anyone else. A key injury or 2 and they are right back in the pack. Not too many teams last a season without some key player going down for a bit. Shots that are falling might not in the later months of a long season.

They are fun to watch but it is a long season.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:21 pm

Beat,

Sorry, I misunderstood -- I thought you said they were going through a rough patch.

Of course a key injury or two would set them back. That's true of any team. But they've already gone through a fair number of injuries -- 105 player games missed, which is tied for 7th-most in the league, and they've had far more injuries than any other division leader.

https://www.mangameslost.com/nba-games-missed-due-to-injury-january-29-2016/
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:48 pm

Outside wrote:Beat,

Sorry, I misunderstood -- I thought you said they were going through a rough patch.

Of course a key injury or two would set them back. That's true of any team. But they've already gone through a fair number of injuries -- 105 player games missed, which is tied for 7th-most in the league, and they've had far more injuries than any other division leader.

https://www.mangameslost.com/nba-games-missed-due-to-injury-january-29-2016/

That does not take into account who misses the games? Their 3 key players ( Curry Green Thompson ) have missed 5 games total. Some lessor key players haven't missed much either. We'll see how things play out. One thing about a lead both in a game and in the overall standing, you can play these key players less minutes and thus the risk for an injury is lessened to a degree.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:03 pm

Could just have been "one of those games" that happen in the NBA every once in a while.

We'll see what they do tonight.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down