I am in record about this posible sign of the European forward.

4 posters

Go down

I am in record about this posible sign of the European forward. Empty I am in record about this posible sign of the European forward.

Post by international Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:20 pm

http://www.sportando.com/en/usa/nba/190509/celtics-have-strong-interest-in-mindaugas-kuzminskas.html

international

Back to top Go down

I am in record about this posible sign of the European forward. Empty Re: I am in record about this posible sign of the European forward.

Post by international Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIydlInu69E

international

Back to top Go down

I am in record about this posible sign of the European forward. Empty Re: I am in record about this posible sign of the European forward.

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:27 pm

Here's his stats season-to-date.

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=002008

59% from 2, 36.5% from 3, 87% from the line. Pretty good. Not a rebounder.

The video above shows him with good athleticism. He runs quite well. Didn't show him finishing through contact and there's a lot of that in the NBA.

One of the things that worries me is draftexpress, in 2011, said he was "an unwilling defender". Unfortunately that's the last update they have so who knows what his defense is like now.

Like that he two-hand dunks regularly.

Here's another video:

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:40 pm

btw, thanks International, for bringing us this news.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by international Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:52 pm

You are welcome Bob.
This kid can be good in the NBA because he can creat his own shot and is very mobile.Can play from 2 to 4 and excels in playoff and internationally.Right now he is the heart and soul of a very good Lithuanian team and I also like the fact ,that he play very good without the ball.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:11 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2192649-usa-basketball-vs-lithuania-game-grades-analysis-for-fiba-world-cup-matchup

international

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:33 pm

international wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2192649-usa-basketball-vs-lithuania-game-grades-analysis-for-fiba-world-cup-matchup

Wow.  VERY nice write up for him.  He got the only "A" given out to a Lithuanian player and Valanciunas of Toronto got a B+ and Motiejunas of Houston got a D+?!  That can't hurt.

Does he play defense?  Unfortunately, highlight videos often only show dunks and fast breaks.  While I like seeing big men like him run I am not impressed when they dunk.  I mean, what's so damn impressive about a 6'10" professional athlete with a 9' standing reach dunking a ball through a hoop that's 10' off the floor?  Does he defend or is he 90% offense?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:38 pm

At best he looks like an end of the bench guy if he made it to the NBA.  
He will be 27 years old in October.
He's averaging 13/4/1....
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by international Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:57 pm

tjmakz.
I ve been saying that stats in the European leagues are deceiving.Why?Because,players play 40 minutes instead of 48 and more important there is a rule that allows teams to only have 2 imports at a time,all the time 3 native players should be playing.Also the pace is slower and that is the reason to see players leading the leagues in scoring with 17 or 18 points and the best rebounders usually lead with 6 or 7.A player with 14 points and 4 rebounds is among the best.I think that a seasoned player in those leagues and with 27 years is better than a youngster of 18 or 19 years old.He is ready to help inmediatly and they are not the tipical rookie.Bob the answer to your question about his defense is that he is average ,but is not a liability like Nikola Mirotic for example.There is a kid in Denver whose last name is Jokic that is playing very good and his stats in Europe were not great.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:19 pm

Summer league look if the Celtics even sign him

we have NO ROOM for him.

I thought other teams were looking at him as well?
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down