REPORT: CELTICS FRONT-RUNNERS TO SIGN ITALIAN FORWARD GIGI DATOME

+4
bobheckler
gyso
dboss
8 posters

Go down

REPORT: CELTICS FRONT-RUNNERS TO SIGN ITALIAN FORWARD GIGI DATOME Empty REPORT: CELTICS FRONT-RUNNERS TO SIGN ITALIAN FORWARD GIGI DATOME

Post by 112288 Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:11 am

By WEEI

According to Sportando.net, the Celtics and Grizzlies are the two teams most interested in signing Italian forward Gigi Datome, with the general manager of the player’s Virtus Roma team stating that the Celts are the “front-runners to sign him.”

The 25-year-old Datome is coming off the best season of his career, having been named Serie A Regular Season MVP after averaging 16.4 points and 4.3 rebounds per game.

Back to top Go down

REPORT: CELTICS FRONT-RUNNERS TO SIGN ITALIAN FORWARD GIGI DATOME Empty Re: REPORT: CELTICS FRONT-RUNNERS TO SIGN ITALIAN FORWARD GIGI DATOME

Post by dboss Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:57 am

It should also be pointed out that he is a 6'7" SF that shoots the 3 ball at a very high rate
(44%) But he is still under contract.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

REPORT: CELTICS FRONT-RUNNERS TO SIGN ITALIAN FORWARD GIGI DATOME Empty Re: REPORT: CELTICS FRONT-RUNNERS TO SIGN ITALIAN FORWARD GIGI DATOME

Post by gyso Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:55 am

From Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigi_Datome

6'-8.75", 220 lbs.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-900&va=Gigi+Datome

Videos:

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=Gigi+Datome

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:19 am

Well, this headline is certain to put a smile on international's face.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Luigi-Datome-263/

Last season he shot 51.5%, 39.4% from 3 (I don't know if Euro 3s are the same as NBA 3s) and 92.6% from the line. 92.6%!

IF this happens, and I'm assuming that if we're one of the few teams that are in the hunt for a player that would have to be bought out of his contract that means that Danny is serious about him and has initiated talks with the club about doing that, then I come back to the same point I made on another thread.

We have too many players.

Bring your seats into their fully upright position and raise your tray tables, Trader Danny is roaring down the runway. I don't know about Datome, but he has to have at least one multi-player deal (more players going out than coming in with hopefully/presumably the quality of the player coming in is better than those going out) in him this summer. If he signs Datome, then we might be talking more than one multi-deal, he's going to have that many contracts he's going to need to have to unload.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:09 pm

The international three is somewhere between NCAA mens and NBA three on the top and pretty much same in the corners (but a little shorter).
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:09 pm

You are right Bob.I told you a month ago that he was on his way to Boston.What I like the most about the kid is that he is a leader,and a prove of that is the fact that he is the captain of the Italian national team with only 26 years and a team that have players like Bellinelli,Gallinari,and Bargnani.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:38 pm

A hidden benefit of signing Gigi is that the carb loading before games will undergo a considerable improvement. Pasta will take on several whole new meanings and varieties once Gigi arrives. Plus the extra virgin olive oil he'll introduce to the training table will transform joint lubricity, cutting way down on knee and ankle problems.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:51 pm

Anyway Wallace gets traded?

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:56 pm

Hope so.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:10 pm

I know he has a big salary, but did you read his stats from last year? He had a terrible year. I can't imagine giving up Paul Pierce and having this guy sit on the bench making that kind of money and stinking it up! He has never been a favorite, but I am sure it will be hard to unload him.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down