Turner adjusts to glasses in return from eye injury

2 posters

Go down

Turner adjusts to glasses in return from eye injury Empty Turner adjusts to glasses in return from eye injury

Post by gyso Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:42 am

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/turner-adjusts-glasses-return-eye-injury?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

BOSTON - If Evan Turner had any trouble with his vision Friday night, you wouldn't know it from watching him in the Celtics' 124-109 win over the Bucks.

Turner, who returned to the court after missing one game due to being poked in the left eye, sported some glasses in order to protect it from further damage.

They didn't seem to bother him. Turner only scored four points (he shot 2-for-6 from the field) but he also dished out nine assists, a sure sign that he could see his targets just fine out there and the glasses weren't a distraction.

"It was cool," Turner said of the eyewear. "At first it’s a little different to get used to, but other than that I felt fine. I think in general we all just started feeling better as a unit as the game kept going."

Turner finished with a team-high plus-26 on the night and also a team-high 32 minutes of playing time, so it looks like he and the Celtics dodged a bullet and the eye will be just fine going forward.

Expect Turner to wear the glasses tomorrow in Atlanta.

Back to top Go down

Turner adjusts to glasses in return from eye injury Empty Re: Turner adjusts to glasses in return from eye injury

Post by wideclyde Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:31 am

Nice to have Turner back on the floor last night and lucky that he was not more severely injured earlier in the week. The glasses are nothing. Pretty easy to adjust to.

I really hope that Ainge can bring this guy back for a few more years. He is not a perfect player and does not get a max contract, but he certainly has value to the Cs moving forward. A slightly less than a Crowder, Bradley or Thomas type contact for three or four years is good in my eyes. He doubles his money, stays where he has carved out a nice spot and will contribute to the next championship team.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down