dboss
kdp59
willjr
19 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

2016 Playoff Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: 2016 Playoff Thread

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:14 pm

I do not understand the refereeing so far.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:21 pm

jeez Kevin Love sucks!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:24 pm

What referring? Looks like they are just going to let them kill each other. That last play for Golden State, Thompson was mauled.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:57 pm

NBA referees suck.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:02 pm

Kerr should have stopped the bleeding three plays ago. Thompson not getting the ball, Steph has gone cold, go back to Klay. They can still pull this game out with a good fourth quarter.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:04 pm

Without Kyrie and James, there is no one else really a threat. Love looks like crap out there
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:14 pm

he looks like Sully

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:14 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Without Kyrie and James, there is no one else really a threat. Love looks like crap out there

No offense meant to crap.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:22 pm

Are they really kidding me, that was a flagrant! These refs suck
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:25 pm

This breaking news:  Flagrant fouls no longer exist.

At least not unless we go back to Cleveland.  Then everything will be called a flagrant.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:36 pm

Unfortunately they are going back to Cleveland, just what the NBA wanted, seven game series.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:38 pm

Wow, what a game.
Kyrie and LeBron are dominating GS!

Kevin Love does not look like he should be out there.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:39 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Unfortunately they are going back to Cleveland, just what the NBA wanted, seven game series.

I think we all want a seven game series.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:44 pm

tjmakz wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:Unfortunately they are going back to Cleveland, just what the NBA wanted, seven game series.

What do you mean "we", white man.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:47 pm

bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

What do you mean "we", white man.

This was a great game.
I'm glad the series is still going.

Curry choked today and did nothing to set up his teammates.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:40 am

As a long time Celtic fan with great respect for the game, I have to say that LeBron is one helluva player who deserves great respect from us all. Then there's Kyrie. This dude is only 24? When healthy he is a monster on the court. Steph, you had a great year, but you are getting smoked this series by him. I never thought I'd say this, but I am rooting for the Cavs, the best 2 man team now in the NBA. Boy, am I glad we did not get Kevin Love. Richard Jefferson is better, someone whom I also respect.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:53 am

worcester

I hope you have a bomb shelter to hide in - because Rosalie is going to be hunting you down.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:06 am

Shockingly I'm rooting for Cavs too, GS goes through alot of hot and cold streaks and they throw the ball away alot, when they miss those long shots, they are so vulnerable to a team that can rebound and run.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:22 am

It is amazing how great LeBron plays in clutch situations.
To put up 41/16/7/3/3 with only 2 TO's on the road in a close out game, is remarkable.
If Tristan Thompson didn't get fouled often or miss shots from LeBron's passes, LeBron would have had a triple double.
LeBron is averaging 28/12/8 while shooting 50% in the Finals.
If you look back over the last 6 years at his numbers and efficiency in the Finals, it is just incredible.

Curry can put on a shooting show during the regular season, but when it counts and you need baskets and toughness, I would take nobody over LeBron. That's an easy call.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:31 am

NBA refs and the league suck.  It's unbelievable.  How many shots to the head did GSW players take yesterday and no flagrants were called despite review in Secaucus?  What a bunch of BS.  As far as the refs go, Tristan Thompson puts his left hand on Klay Thompson's shoulder and holds him down while he lands on him and stuffs him and it's called a jump ball.  Kyrie Irving is called for a turnover when it clearly shows several inches of court between his foot and the out of bounds.  The NBA league office has become no better than professional wrestling promoter Vince McMahon.  They want 7 games.  They maybe even want Cleveland to win, to give another to LeBitch and last night laid the fake smiles bare.  If they did that to the Celtics I'd be jumping clear out of my skin today, I'd be so pissed off.  

DANNY!  Please do NOT go after Harrison Barnes or Kevin Love.  They are not 2nd season players.  Barnes was 2-14 and 42% for the series, Love was 1-5, 37% for the series.  Both suck, neither are big game players, neither are worth the money they are paid (or expect to get paid this off-season) or the assets we'd have to give up for them.  We have a bench to get us through the season, what we need 2nd season players who will up their games and deliver in the playoffs.

Draymond Green's pinhead cost the Warriors this game.  That and 27% shooting in the 2nd half.

Curry was 8-21, 5-14 from 3, 25 points.  And that's an off-night.  His turnovers, though, killed the Warriors.  Not focused.  

Iggy with a great game in pinhead's absence.  He's the only reason LeQueen didn't score every Cavalier point.  He'd have to wrestle Irving for the ball, but we've seen that happen before.

James and Irving are the best two-man unit in the NBA.  Unfortunately for them basketball is a 5-man game.  James is averaging 41mpg and Irving 38.  Will they run out of gas before the league carries them on litters, peeling them grapes and waving palm fronds over them to keep them cool, to game 7 whether they are still on their feet or not?  Cav fans better hope so because that team does not play like a team.

Horrible shooting by GSW, a very active defense and two-man ME-balling by Cleveland and a conspiracy worthy of an Estes Kefauver investigation by the league.  Yuck.  This is why I watch Celtic games, some GSW games and little other NBA during the season.  The fix is in.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:40 am

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/06/13/tim-donaghy-draymond-green-suspension-prolong-nba-finals-warriors-cavaliers

Tim Donaghy: NBA suspended Draymond Green to prolong Finals

Former NBA referee Tim Donaghy says the NBA works indirectly to try and help a team that is trailing in an NBA playoff series.

BY SI WIRE

Posted: Mon Jun. 13, 2016

Former NBA referee Tim Donaghy believes that the league decided to suspend Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green to give the Cleveland Cavaliers a better chance to extend the NBA Finals.

Speaking on SI Now, Donaghy, who was forced out of the league in 2007 after his involvement in a gambling scheme was discovered, said that the NBA indirectly acts to increase the entertainment value of games.

“I think when you look at the overt acts that Green has committed before, they were definitely more severe than this act, and yet he’s gonna end up with a flagrant foul and suspension because of it,” Donaghy said. “In the past, I believe it was disregarded because [the Warriors] were down in the series. Here, they’re up in the series, so I think it’s a situation where, with that, it gives Cleveland a better chance of prolonging the series.”

Donaghy also said that it seemed referees were instructed to favor teams down in a series while he was still officiating.

“Definitely indirectly with the tape sessions that took place and how they would show you plays that they wanted you to concentrate on in the game that,” Donaghy said. “It was always a situation where the team down in the series was going to benefit from those calls.”

Green was assessed a flagrant 1 foul and given a mandatory one game suspension after hitting LeBron James in the groin while James attempted to step over him.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:53 am

bob this bad/terrible refereeing has gone on for years, I was at game 3 of Finals in 10, I still remember how many bad calls had the whole Garden howling.....on one play Artest comes over and just bangs his hip into Pierce, all Pierce did was lower his stance to not let Artest further shove him and Pierce then got called for a foul, ARE you fockin kidding me? Refs have sucked for a long long time. No question that year League wanted a 7 game series.....then in game 7 they let Gasol shove people in paint all game as soon as KG shoved back we get the ticky tack foul.....I better stop now I can go on for days.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:02 am

bobheckler wrote:NBA refs and the league suck.  It's unbelievable.  How many shots to the head did GSW players take yesterday and no flagrants were called despite review in Secaucus?  What a bunch of BS.  As far as the refs go, Tristan Thompson puts his left hand on Klay Thompson's shoulder and holds him down while he lands on him and stuffs him and it's called a jump ball.  Kyrie Irving is called for a turnover when it clearly shows several inches of court between his foot and the out of bounds.  The NBA league office has become no better than professional wrestling promoter Vince McMahon.  They want 7 games.  They maybe even want Cleveland to win, to give another to LeBitch and last night laid the fake smiles bare.  If they did that to the Celtics I'd be jumping clear out of my skin today, I'd be so pissed off.  

DANNY!  Please do NOT go after Harrison Barnes or Kevin Love.  They are not 2nd season players.  Barnes was 2-14 and 42% for the series, Love was 1-5, 37% for the series.  Both suck, neither are big game players, neither are worth the money they are paid (or expect to get paid this off-season) or the assets we'd have to give up for them.  We have a bench to get us through the season, what we need 2nd season players who will up their games and deliver in the playoffs.

Draymond Green's pinhead cost the Warriors this game.  That and 27% shooting in the 2nd half.

Curry was 8-21, 5-14 from 3, 25 points.  And that's an off-night.  His turnovers, though, killed the Warriors.  Not focused.  

Iggy with a great game in pinhead's absence.  He's the only reason LeQueen didn't score every Cavalier point.  He'd have to wrestle Irving for the ball, but we've seen that happen before.

James and Irving are the best two-man unit in the NBA.  Unfortunately for them basketball is a 5-man game.  James is averaging 41mpg and Irving 38.  Will they run out of gas before the league carries them on litters, peeling them grapes and waving palm fronds over them to keep them cool, to game 7 whether they are still on their feet or not?  Cav fans better hope so because that team does not play like a team.

Horrible shooting by GSW, a very active defense and two-man ME-balling by Cleveland and a conspiracy worthy of an Estes Kefauver investigation by the league.  Yuck.  This is why I watch Celtic games, some GSW games and little other NBA during the season.  The fix is in.

bob

There was intensity and a playoff atmosphere on every play last night.
It is nearly impossible to call an NBA game like last night's when it is so physical.
Yes, they missed a few plays (on each side), but overall the referees were fair and did the best they could.

The fix is in because 3 times in the playoffs Draymond Green hit someone in the groin, then finally got his well deserved suspension?

You are right about Barnes and Love.
I don't want them either, especially Love.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:08 am

Hey, write a book about the NBA playoff fixes. Conspiracy theory books are historically big sellers.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:13 am

I play basketball a couple of times a week and I play in a men's league.
Calls are missed all the time when we play.
Go watch any basketball game in person and see how hard it is to officiate.
Even watching games at LA Fitness, it would be so hard to officiate if I had to.
Magnify that by the size, strength and speed of NBA players, and it is easily the hardest officiating job out of any sport.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next