Boston Celtics would need 'pretty special' opportunity to trade No. 3 pick

2 posters

Go down

Boston Celtics would need 'pretty special' opportunity to trade No. 3 pick Empty Boston Celtics would need 'pretty special' opportunity to trade No. 3 pick

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:02 am

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/06/2016_nba_draft_rumors_boston_c_5.html

2016 NBA Draft rumors: Boston Celtics would need 'pretty special' opportunity to trade No. 3 pick

Boston Celtics would need 'pretty special' opportunity to trade No. 3 pick 20315827-mmmain
Boston Celtics head coach Brad Stevens said he likes the prospects in this draft. (AP Photo/Michael Dwyer)

Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on June 02, 2016 at 3:00 PM, updated June 02, 2016 at 3:08 PM

After beginning to explore some of the players in this draft pool, Boston Celtics head coach Brad Stevens believes it would take a "pretty special" opportunity to trade the No. 3 overall pick.

"If you do end up trading (the pick), it has to be pretty impactful," Stevens said Thursday during an appearance on 98.5 The Sports Hub's Zolak & Bertrand show. "There are a lot of good players that are available in this draft, in my opinion. I'm just scratching the surface of learning about each of them at a deep, deep level, but there are some good guys. And I'm excited about having the third pick. So if we were to move it, then I would say it would have to be something pretty special to move it for."

After a 48-win season, the Celtics could feel some pressure to add an NBA-ready prospect. Still, team president of basketball operations Danny Ainge has stressed he will take a long-term approach and try to pick the best player available, even if that means waiting years for development.

During a press conference Wednesday, Ainge delivered a comically vague comment suggesting the team could still do anything with the third pick.

"I think the biggest thing is that person has to ultimately be a very effective player for us," Stevens said on the radio. "And obviously if you keep the pick and you draft a younger player, then there has to be some patience tied to that and some understanding that guys are going to develop and mature at different rates, as far as their ability to impact the game in a real winning, impactful way for 82 games and plus hopefully the playoffs."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics would need 'pretty special' opportunity to trade No. 3 pick Empty Re: Boston Celtics would need 'pretty special' opportunity to trade No. 3 pick

Post by wideclyde Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:11 pm

Bob,

This article certainly adds nothing to what an even a mid level Cs fan does not already know.

Sometimes I think that I could/should become a sports writer to supplement my social security if this is all it takes to pick up a pay check.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down