Let me throw this one to wall and see if it sticks~!

+7
dboss
Ram
tjmakz
swish
arambone
bobheckler
kdp59
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Let me throw this one to wall and see if it sticks~! Empty Let me throw this one to wall and see if it sticks~!

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:26 pm

1) Trade #3 pick and Jerebko to Denver for D. Gallinari and #7 pick ( throw in #35 if needed). He was supposedly on Danny radar at the trade deadline remember.

2) Trade #16 , 45 and Kelly O to OKC for S. Ibaka.

Draft:
7.- Jakob Poeitl
23. Thon Maker
31. Patrick McCaw

Re-sign
E. Tuner- 3 yr/ $32M- $10M next year
T. Zeller- 2 yr/ $10M- $5M next year

Total salary about $91M

Starters:
Ibaka
Gallinari
Crowder
Bradley
Thomas

Rotation players:
Smart
Turner
Amir
Poeitl or Zeller
Rozier

Deep bench:
Zeller or Poeitl
Hunter
Mickey
Maker
McCaw or Young

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Let me throw this one to wall and see if it sticks~! Empty Re: Let me throw this one to wall and see if it sticks~!

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:37 pm

kdp,

Jerebko will make $5M.  Gallinari makes $14M.  The math doesn't work.  Amir for Gallinari, yes, but not Jonas, not by himself and even with the salaries of the rooks.

Ibaka makes $12M, Kelly makes $2M.  You've got the same problem with $.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Let me throw this one to wall and see if it sticks~! Empty Re: Let me throw this one to wall and see if it sticks~!

Post by arambone Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:44 pm

Olynyk for the 3rd season in a row had a top 2 +/- and oncourt/offcourt number on the Celtics.

When you guys talk about trading off Olynyk like he's some spare part, you're ultimately talking about trading off one of the 3-4 most valuable Celtics, and crossing your fingers and hoping the guy you trade for can make the same impact that Olynyk has already proven 3 times out of 3 seasons that he can make.

Dude shot 40% from 3 and played good/great positional defense.

Ibaka is in all likelihood years older than his stated age, and he's not even that good.

And Jerebko is another sneaky good guy, who also really stepped up in the playoffs when we needed him most.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:52 pm

arambone wrote:Olynyk for the 3rd season in a row had a top 2 +/- and oncourt/offcourt number on the Celtics.

When you guys talk about trading off Olynyk like he's some spare part, you're ultimately talking about trading off one of the 3-4 most valuable Celtics, and crossing your fingers and hoping the guy you trade for can make the same impact that Olynyk has already proven 3 times out of 3 seasons that he can make.

Ibaka is in all likelihood years older than his stated age, and he's not even that good.

And Jerebko is another sneaky good guy, who also really stepped up in the playoffs when we needed him most.

arambone,

According to this, Kelly had a -8 +/-, worse than IT's.

http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#!/?sort=PLUS_MINUS&dir=1

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Bob,
the trade happens after the new NBA year starts.

Cap room available.

First time I ever heard that Ibaka was older than his stated age was here a few days ago. I had heard that Biyombo was maybe 3 years older than his listed age.

Not sure why you think Ibaka isn't that good a player?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:18 pm

arambone wrote:Olynyk for the 3rd season in a row had a top 2 +/- and oncourt/offcourt number on the Celtics.

My opinion of the +/-, is that it is a useless stat as it applies to Olynyk. It simply reflects the fact that the 2nd team subs outscored the other teams scrubs. When he can do that with the varsity is when it will be a most notable feat. Now 25 years old and with 3 straight years of maxing out at 1400 minutes per year just might indicate that he is destined to be a capable role player off the bench. No more - no less

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:41 pm

bobheckler wrote:kdp,

Jerebko will make $5M.  Gallinari makes $14M.  The math doesn't work.  Amir for Gallinari, yes, but not Jonas, not by himself and even with the salaries of the rooks.

bob

bob

I believe that when a team is below the salary cap it can take on more salary than they send out as long as they stay under the salary cap - or something like that.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:01 pm

swish wrote:
bobheckler wrote:kdp,

bob

bob

I believe that when a team is below the salary cap it can take on more salary than they send out as long as they stay under the salary cap - or something like that.

swish

A team under the salary cap can take on as much salary cap space as they want, as long as they stay under the cap after ref trade.

I really doubt Denver will trade Gallinari to move up four spots in this year's draft since you could probably get a very similar player with the number three spot compared to the number seven spot.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:34 pm

kdp59 wrote:Bob,

Cap room available.

First time I ever heard that Ibaka was older than his stated age was here a few days ago. I had heard that Biyombo was maybe 3 years older than his listed age.

Kdp,

When did I say that I thought Ibaka wasn't a good player?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:59 pm

bobheckler wrote:

arambone,

According to this, Kelly had a -8 +/-, worse than IT's.

http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#!/?sort=PLUS_MINUS&dir=1

bob

That's for the playoffs, when KO's arm was dangling in and out of his shoulder socket.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:02 pm

swish wrote:

My opinion of the +/-,  is that it is a useless stat as it applies to Olynyk. It simply reflects the fact that the 2nd team subs outscored the other teams scrubs. When he can do that with the varsity is when it will be a most notable feat. Now 25 years old and with 3 straight years of maxing out at 1400 minutes per year just might indicate that he is destined to be a capable role player off the bench. No more - no less

swish

Three years in a row. Last year you guys were giving all the credit to IT, who played off the bench with KO last year.

Just look at how the team did this past year once KO injured his shoulder. The team was in practical free fall. Now you guys are all begging for a good 3 point shooter, and eager to trade off our best 3 point shooter just for the heck of it.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:28 pm

bobheckler wrote:

Cap room available.

Kdp,

bob

sorry Bob, the last two sentences were in response to Rambone
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:41 pm

kdp59 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

Cap room available.

Kdp,

bob

sorry Bob, the last two sentences were in response to Rambone

Most of his stats have been going down for 3 years straight. I think his body might be slowly starting to break down. I don't know exactly how old he is, but he's stagnating at best, and likely declining not far behind Taj Gibson, J Noah, and Amir.

Toronto thought Amir was starting to break down, which worked out well for us, but we didn't need to give up a valuable player to get him.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Swap out pick 16 for pick 23 and you got a deal with OKC. Give them one of then 2nd rd picks as well. I think it will take pick 16 to get Maker anyhow. He probably won't last until pick 23.

I like that lineup a lot. There is still Amir's non-guaranteed deal and young assets like Rozier, Mickey, Hunter and Young to potentially move for a veteran.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:43 pm

I also think Danny would draft Chriss or Brown before he drafts Poeltl.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:12 am

Ram wrote:I also think Danny would draft Chriss or Brown before he drafts Poeltl.

or Hield!

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:37 am

kdp59 wrote:
Ram wrote:I also think Danny would draft Chriss or Brown before he drafts Poeltl.

or Hield!

Right, there is an outside chance Hield makes it past NO to pick #7.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:00 pm

The Nuggets have a pretty one dimensional shooting guard already in Gary Harris. A decent young player with 54/35/82 shooting splits who started all 76 games he appeared in and put up 12 points in 32 minutes. Hield's floor is probably Harris. If a team has Harris as its 6th/7th best player, even if he starts, that is not a bad thing. He's only 21 and will likely get better but is definitely more of a 22-26 minute a game player. 

They also have Will Barton signed cheap for 2 more years and he is a 48/35/81 shooter who can also play some SF. He was their 6th-7th man the last two years getting 24-28 mpg and putting up 11-14ppg. 

Wilson Chandler was out for the season with a hip injury but has made a complete recovery and is probably locked into that SF spot with 3/36 left on his contract and solid #'s the 3 years before the injury. 

They have Mudiay at PG, backed up by the ancient Jameer Nelson. They are pretty stacked up front with Faried, Nurkic and Jokic all under team control for at least 3 more seasons and 26,21 and 20 years old. A 4th big to add to the mix, perhaps a more traditional PF, is also needed, but could easily be added with the two picks they have in the teens at 15 and 19. Maybe someone like Ellenson or Davis falls to 15. If not, Damian Jones or Brice Johnson would be ready to play options they can take at 19. Or Diallo/Zizic if they want to wait 1-2 years to develop them. 

One could conclude that Denver needs a combo-guard. A guy who can shoot better than Mudiay (32% from 3), take over the roles Foye and Augustin had for them in the backcourt last year, learn from Nelson and eventually play alongside Mudiay and kick Harris to the bench. 

Dunn or Murray fit this role. Which is why they could strongly consider a trade up to #3. Gallo will be 28 before the season starts and can opt out after next year. Denver is probably looking at one more lotto year before really hoping their kids all make a big leap into the middle of the west playoff pack. One of Gallinari and Chandler will face a minutes squeeze and Gallo has the most trade value right now. Jerebko can also fill his role as a stretch 4 and some backup SF in less mins.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:16 pm

you make my points better than I do.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:21 pm

How about picks 3, 23 and 45 to the Nuggets along with Jerebko and James Young for picks 7 and 19?

Then picks 7, 16, 19, 35 and 58 to Chicago along with Bradley, Amir Johnson and a top 10 protected 2018 1st rd pick (we have 3 that year) for picks 14, 48, Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson. 

Boston could include Sully in either of those deals, but if not just lets him walk.

Draft Davis, Maker or Skal at 14 at the developmental PF/C of the future. 

Draft Zhou Qui at #31 and at 48 and 51 a draft and stash guy and a SG/SF type

C - Olynyk, FA, pick #14 (5 million)

PF - Gallinari, Gibson, Mickey (25m)

SF - Crowder (7m), FA

SG - Butler, Hunter, 2nd rd pick (19m)

PG - Thomas, Smart, Rozier (12m)

The C's would still have 20 million in cap space.

If they are serious about getting Durant they would likely have to make the trade for Butler without bringing back Gibson. But everyone thinks Durant is a pipe dream anyhow. 

20 million in space means two things in my opinion:

A. Max offer for Harrison Barnes (starting around 15 million) and hope GSW do not match, then sign a veteran big man like Joakin Noah at center starting around 5m. Zeller is a less attractive choice to stay. 

B. Sign a rim-protecting center like Biyombo or Ezeli (again hoping GSW don't match) starting at 10-12m and use the rest on Turner to remain here in the role he excelled at. 

That team would be a scary contender to Cleveland in 2017. Then if Gallinari opts out of a 16 million deal for 2017-18 and with Gibson's 9 million off the books and the cap going up another 15-20 million the C's can afford another run at Durant if he does what many expect and signs a 1 year deal with player options in order to hit free agency when he can really max out his earnings and see what direction OKC goes in with Westbrook also a free agent in 2017.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:22 pm

My, my

Gallinari's name should NEVER be mentioned in the same sentence with the word trade.

The most important number is the one no one is talking about.

Think 49.6%..8 years in the league..656 games.. played in 397 games...missed more games than he played in.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:25 pm

kdp59 wrote:you make my points better than I do.
Thanks kdp, I type WAY too much!
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:32 pm

arambone wrote:
swish wrote:

My opinion of the +/-,  is that it is a useless stat as it applies to Olynyk. It simply reflects the fact that the 2nd team subs outscored the other teams scrubs. When he can do that with the varsity is when it will be a most notable feat. Now 25 years old and with 3 straight years of maxing out at 1400 minutes per year just might indicate that he is destined to be a capable role player off the bench. No more - no less

swish

Three years in a row. Last year you guys were giving all the credit to IT, who played off the bench with KO last year.

Just look at how the team did this past year once KO injured his shoulder. The team was in practical free fall. Now you guys are all begging for a good 3 point shooter, and eager to trade off our best 3 point shooter just for the heck of it.

"Just look at how the team did this past year once KO injured his shoulder. The team was in practical free fall."

I took your advice per your above statement. Before the injury the team was 32-23 for a .582%. After the injury the Celts were 16-11 for a .593%. Is that your definition of free fall?

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:10 pm

Ram wrote:How about picks 3, 23 and 45 to the Nuggets along with Jerebko and James Young for picks 7 and 19?

Then picks 7, 16, 19, 35 and 58 to Chicago along with Bradley, Amir Johnson and a top 10 protected 2018 1st rd pick (we have 3 that year) for picks 14, 48, Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson. 

Boston could include Sully in either of those deals, but if not just lets him walk.

Draft Davis, Maker or Skal at 14 at the developmental PF/C of the future. 

Draft Zhou Qui at #31 and at 48 and 51 a draft and stash guy and a SG/SF type

C - Olynyk, FA, pick #14 (5 million)

PF - Gallinari, Gibson, Mickey (25m)

SF - Crowder (7m), FA

SG - Butler, Hunter, 2nd rd pick (19m)

PG - Thomas, Smart, Rozier (12m)

The C's would still have 20 million in cap space.

If they are serious about getting Durant they would likely have to make the trade for Butler without bringing back Gibson. But everyone thinks Durant is a pipe dream anyhow. 

20 million in space means two things in my opinion:

A. Max offer for Harrison Barnes (starting around 15 million) and hope GSW do not match, then sign a veteran big man like Joakin Noah at center starting around 5m. Zeller is a less attractive choice to stay. 

B. Sign a rim-protecting center like Biyombo or Ezeli (again hoping GSW don't match) starting at 10-12m and use the rest on Turner to remain here in the role he excelled at. 

That team would be a scary contender to Cleveland in 2017. Then if Gallinari opts out of a 16 million deal for 2017-18 and with Gibson's 9 million off the books and the cap going up another 15-20 million the C's can afford another run at Durant if he does what many expect and signs a 1 year deal with player options in order to hit free agency when he can really max out his earnings and see what direction OKC goes in with Westbrook also a free agent in 2017.

I like it with your "b" option I think more than Barnes

seems like we would weak inside without a rim protector big of some sort.

unless we can land Davis at #14 and he is ready for prime time quicker than most think
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:18 pm

KO is no starting center or PF for that matter.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next