This mock draft has Celtics trading picks, players for Jimmy Butler and Marc Gasol

+9
NYCelt
swish
bobheckler
wideclyde
dboss
Matty
tjmakz
kdp59
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This mock draft has Celtics trading picks, players for Jimmy Butler and Marc Gasol - Page 2 Empty Re: This mock draft has Celtics trading picks, players for Jimmy Butler and Marc Gasol

Post by NYCelt Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:53 pm

All,

Just a general reminder, echoing Worcester's post above; disputed opinions are fine and part of a good discussion. We just need to refrain from personal attacks.

I've deleted a post that was in this space in hopes we could continue the conversation on a more positive note. No direct slam on the poster, just trying to steer us back on course.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

This mock draft has Celtics trading picks, players for Jimmy Butler and Marc Gasol - Page 2 Empty Re: This mock draft has Celtics trading picks, players for Jimmy Butler and Marc Gasol

Post by worcester Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:26 pm

BTW Ram, I think Danny shares your view that trading #3 for Butler makes sense, judging from the rumors I read.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:28 pm

NYCelt wrote:All,

Just a general reminder, echoing Worcester's post above; disputed opinions are fine and part of a good discussion.  We just need to refrain from personal attacks.

I've deleted a post that was in this space in hopes we could continue the conversation on a more positive note.  No direct slam on the poster, just trying to steer us back on course.

Regards

Well then delete my original post, ... and the post where Dboss says this:
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:42 pm

Ram, I have a thicker skin than most, but I had not read Dboss medical opinion of you and thus thought your post was gratuitous. Most of us had been on Boston.com which was a hotbed of vitriol amongst members, something we're striving to avoid.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:49 pm

Ram wrote:
NYCelt wrote:All,

Just a general reminder, echoing Worcester's post above; disputed opinions are fine and part of a good discussion.  We just need to refrain from personal attacks.

I've deleted a post that was in this space in hopes we could continue the conversation on a more positive note.  No direct slam on the poster, just trying to steer us back on course.

Regards

Well then delete my original post, ... and the post where Dboss says this:

Ram,

Fair enough request. Done.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:54 pm

worcester wrote:Ram, I have a thicker skin than most, but I had not read Dboss medical opinion of you and thus thought your post was gratuitous. Most of us had been on Boston.com which was a hotbed of vitriol amongst members, something we're striving to avoid.

Yes I came from there and it was often cantankerous, especially situations involving one of the worst online forum posters of all time, a guy who went by Fierce. I will strive to avoid that as well. 

However, nothing bothers me more than fans who sit back and tell others that their ideas are bad or 'just make the team incrementally better' and personally attack players while at the same time failing to provide thoughtful, researched and realistic ideas of their own. 

Dboss seems to be such a poster. Quick to jump on trade ideas and minor positional upgrades as not making this team a contender, while implying that the players we need are Klay Thompson and Anthony Davis type guys the Celtics have no shot at. But I have yet to hear his plan or read the names he feels will bring us #18. If you don't agree with an idea that is fine, use the stats and the truth to tell me so and then if you can't come up with a better plan in response expect to be called out. That is what I feel forums are for.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:46 pm

I must have missed something, I thought there were some disagreements that can be expected, but it was all good board discussion, I didn't think anyone came close to crossing any line of disrespect.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:49 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:I must have missed something, I thought there were some disagreements that can be expected, but it was all good board discussion, I didn't think anyone came close to crossing any line of disrespect.

Draymond Green has, with his constant kicks and punches to the crotch area.  He should try out for The Nutcracker.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Touché Steve. I totally agree. There's no place for disrespecting private parts in the NBA.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:00 pm

steve3344 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:I must have missed something, I thought there were some disagreements that can be expected, but it was all good board discussion, I didn't think anyone came close to crossing any line of disrespect.

Draymond Green has, with his constant kicks and punches to the crotch area.  He should try out for The Nutcracker.

Hahaha, sic Dave Cowens on him

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:46 am

I've gone back and forth about saying anything else about this, but seeing that there are other threads where similar testiness is happening now I guess I will.

first I will note that the purpose of this forum is to talk Celtics/BB without personal attacks or trolling.

disagree sure, but no need for name calling or other childishness that comes before maturity.

second I have pretty thick skin about things. when I wrote something I certainly never expect agreement, in fact I ENJOY different opinions/ideas. When I said ridicule ( in this thread) I was talking about the various draft picks and trades I proposed, not personally.

but I read correctly three posts after I made a mock draft in this thread ( because this thread started with someone making a mock ), deriding the idea of doing this and how some find it "tiring" at the least. I believe one even chided me to get back on my meds ( or some derivative).

I would note that all were from original members here not some of us newer posters.

Live and learn.

deleting a post AFTER you make it, with a vague apology does not change anything. In fact it points out that the post maybe should have never been made.

maybe more thought BEFORE hitting send would be more in line with what the founding of this forum was about. But I don't know, as I am not one of the originals here.

Ram, my advise too you is to drop the stuff calling out DBoss it is counter productive. You and I both seem to enjoy this time of the season and the many, many potential moves. I think we both find it as a fun exercise to explore options deeper. But obviously many here do not.

to each his own.

to those who do not like other Celtics fans trade ideas, maybe not reading those posts are an option.

I think some of the original's need to think about the fact some of us are "new" here. We do NOT know you personally, and as such cannot know the "intent" of what you write or may not be so inclined to give someone the benefit of the doubt. That goes both ways, as you don't know the newer posters nor our intent.

There are newer voices here, there may be others from the now defunct Boston.com forums. You can't chastise newer posters for personal attacks and lets others who are "originals" get a pass because of the long time association here.

disagree or agree to disagree, but doing it in a civil way was supposed to be the mantra here. Newer posters may not always come in with that being our mentality, but if we see it from the long time members and it is carried out, I do believe that" Ideal" can be maintained and those of us who are new will learn it.

fortunately the draft is almost here and then the FA/trade season will come and go quickly. After those few weeks, there won't be much to talk about for a while.

lets hope that the off-season is a good one and propels the team forward next season.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:44 am

Here here! Great post kdp!
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:44 am

Here here! Great post kdp!
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2