Jimmy Butler trade rumors: Minnesota Timberwolves, Boston Celtics reportedly interested

+4
dboss
tjmakz
Ram
NYCelt
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jimmy Butler trade rumors: Minnesota Timberwolves, Boston Celtics reportedly interested - Page 2 Empty Re: Jimmy Butler trade rumors: Minnesota Timberwolves, Boston Celtics reportedly interested

Post by worcester Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:52 pm

SPURS HAVE PROVEN SMART DRAFTING PAYS OFF WITH RINGS.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Butler trade rumors: Minnesota Timberwolves, Boston Celtics reportedly interested - Page 2 Empty Re: Jimmy Butler trade rumors: Minnesota Timberwolves, Boston Celtics reportedly interested

Post by Ram Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:39 am

Ram,

Yes that is a young group, and I think it also shows how a team can build through the draft.  Certainly there is no pure way to build; even on this roster there are significant players that were acquired rather than drafted. Still, I think the heart of the Warriors' young team came through the draft, and I don't think it's off base to say the team was built primarily through the draft. Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, Ezeli, McAdoo; all came in by the draft.  Of the other players brought in, none were what you would label as pricey top line free agents, but rather mostly proven role players.  You need some experience in the mix, yes, but the Warriors have shown that a fairly young lineup can be championship calibre.

I think this is a very good model for a team like the Celtics to follow.  Draft position plays a role, but smart scouting and drafting are more critical.

Regards

Yup the heart of that team was from the draft and the rest (Bogut, Iguadala) acquired through smart trades like Danny made for Thomas and Crowder or low investment signings of guys like Livingston and Speights that are similar to Turner and Amir Johnson type signings.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:44 am

I prefer us to draft some good players

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:59 am

I prefer us to draft some great players.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2