Early guess at roster and rotation and minutes

+2
arambone
steve3344
6 posters

Go down

Early guess at roster and rotation and minutes Empty Early guess at roster and rotation and minutes

Post by arambone Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Things could change at any moment of course, and Amir or Jerebko could be let go, but at this moment this is a guess at how things look to start the season:

Regular Rotation (10 man rotation)

Perimeter (PG-SF) 144 minutes:

IT 30 mpg
M.S. 28
A.B. 28
J.C. 30
J.B. 24
T.R. 4

Bigs (PF-C) 96 minutes:

A.H. 30
K.O. 26
A.J. 22
J.J. 18

Rest of roster:
Zizic
Mickey
Yabusele (or Bentil)
Hunter (Or Young)
Jackson

arambone

Back to top Go down

Early guess at roster and rotation and minutes Empty Re: Early guess at roster and rotation and minutes

Post by steve3344 Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:09 pm

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/7/5/12095134/a-brief-look-at-the-celtics-new-rotation-so-far

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Early guess at roster and rotation and minutes Empty Re: Early guess at roster and rotation and minutes

Post by arambone Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:21 pm

Christian Wood scored 19 tonight on 8 fga.

Long, mobile, 6'11 PF with shooting range?

Must be over-qualified.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:16 pm

I always look at season totals to try to show total roster (instead of per game).

right now my guess would be

Horford-2400
Zeller- 800 ( resigned)
Amir- 1600
Kelly- 1600
Mickey- 300
Bentil- 100
Jerebko-1200
Crowder- 2400
Brown- 1500
Bradley-2400
Thomas-2400
Smart-1800
Rozier- 800
Hunter-300
Jackson-100

this is of course if Zizic and Yabu-sele' stay overseas one more year.

I do like saying Yabu-sele' though, maybe even better than Bob like saying Bi-yom-bo.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:21 am

kdp59 wrote:I always look at season totals to try to show total roster (instead of per game).

right now my guess would be

Horford-2400
Zeller- 800 ( resigned)
Amir- 1600
Kelly- 1600
Mickey- 300
Bentil-  100
Jerebko-1200
Crowder- 2400
Brown- 1500
Bradley-2400
Thomas-2400
Smart-1800
Rozier- 800
Hunter-300
Jackson-100

this is of course if Zizic and Yabu-sele' stay overseas one more year.

I do like saying Yabu-sele' though, maybe even better than Bob like saying Bi-yom-bo.

kdp,

If Horford plays 2400 minutes then we are dangerously thin at center/big.

Yabusele is a good name but it doesn't measure up to Bismack BiiyOMMMMBOOOO!!!! in positionless versatility.

In movies:
Buzz Lightyear - "To Infinity, and BiiyOMMMMBOOOO!!!"

For unsettled stomachs:
Pepto-Bismack

Marketing:
Mom:  "So, Tommy, do you like your new sugar-coasted synthetic, processed grain-food breakfast?"
Tommy:  "They're great, Mom!  They are Bismacking Good!"

Docu-dramas:
"Sink the Bismack!"

Personal:
"Mind your own Bismack"

Musical:
"Somewhere, BiiyOMMMMBOOOO!!! the sea, somewhere waiting for me, my lover stands on golden sands..."

But Guerschon Yabusele is very nice too.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:25 am

Getting the roster down to the final 15 won't be too easy for Boston.
When Brown signs, he will be #13. (Excluding Holland)
Yabusele really wants to be on the team this year. If so, he is #14.
Then, Boston has to choose between Jackson, Bentil, Nader, Zeller or someone else.
Even though Boston picked Nader at #58, they might be forced to give him a contract.
If he doesn't want to go to Europe or feels he can make an NBA roster, Boston will have to offer him a contract or he will become a free agent.
Nader is too good to accept a $35,000 D-League contract.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:50 pm

tjmakz wrote:Getting the roster down to the final 15 won't be too easy for Boston.
When Brown signs, he will be #13. (Excluding Holland)
Yabusele really wants to be on the team this year. If so, he is #14.
Then, Boston has to choose between Jackson, Bentil, Nader, Zeller or someone else.
Even though Boston picked Nader at #58, they might be forced to give him a contract.
If he doesn't want to go to Europe or feels he can make an NBA roster, Boston will have to offer him a contract or he will become a free agent.
Nader is too good to accept a $35,000 D-League contract.

TJ,

First of all, I'm not worried about getting down to the final 15.  Danny knows all about that, I'm sure that when the dust settles we'll have no more than 15.  Care to put some money on that?

Yabusele might really want to be on the team, he may even really, really want to be on the team this year, that doesn't mean he will be.  Zizic wanted to be on the team this year too.  Look how far that got him.

Bentil will not make the team.  His defense is too weak and we have enough stretch 4s.

Nader probably will not make the team either.  He is actually pretty good around the rim but not as much from range and we need a shooter.  If he goes overseas, then he goes overseas.  That might be the best thing for him, and we'll still own his rights for at least a year.  Given he is an Egyptian, playing near to where it would be an easy flight to visit family might not be too difficult for him to accept.  If he won't go overseas and won't sign a D-league contract then AMF.  I'm not going to feel a great sense of loss if the #58 pick in the draft thinks he's too good to be an understudy for a year or two.  

Jackson probably won't make the team neither.  He's looking flawed in summer league on offense and defense.

Zeller might make the team, but I wouldn't bet on it, and if he does then he's #14.  And if Yabusele played himself into a roster spot, then he's 14.

See?  Just like that I got us down to 14 and we still have an open slot available.  Maybe even Zeller...

Personally, I think this whole exercise is premature.  It is well known Danny is still hunting for trades, he has flat out said that he thinks "we're not done yet".  So, projecting how many minutes players get makes the assumptions they will still be in Boston in November.  I would be willing to bet real money some of them won't be.  In late September, as we are a week or so from camp, that's when the names will become clearer and even then it wouldn't be the strangest thing if there was movement during pre-season too.  Trader Danny never sleeps.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:08 pm

I'll try again, now that Rozier has commanded our attention:

Perimeter (PG-SF) 144 minutes:

IT 29 mpg
M.S. 27
A.B. 27
J.C. 20
J.B. 23
T.R. 18

Bigs (PF-C) 96 minutes:

J.C. 10
A.H. 30
K.O. 26
A.J. 17
J.J. 13

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:44 pm

Update:

C - Olynyk (18 mins per game), Amir (20), Zeller (10) 
PF - Horford (32 mins per game), Olynyk (6), Jerebko (10)
SF - Crowder (30 mins per game), Green (10), Brown (6)
SG - Bradley (26 mins per game), Smart (18), Brown (4)
PG - Thomas (30 mins per game), Rozier (10), Smart (Cool

Three 30+ minute guys playing at borderline all-star levels:

- Horford, Thomas, Crowder

Four 20-26 minute guys who are solid 5th starter-7th man types:

- Bradley, Olynyk, Smart, Johnson

Five 10 minute per game guys who show how deep our bench is as all could be 8th/9th men getting 14-18 minutes on half the teams in the NBA:

- Rozier, Jerebko, Brown, Zeller, Green

These should be the 12 guys that Stevens all gives rotational minutes to in the regular season. There are players like Smart and Olynyk who we all REALLY hope establish themselves, take a next step, become worthy of the near starter minutes I have them down for (24-26 per game) but if they falter or get hurt Rozier and Jerebko should be counted on to swap roles with them and play minutes in the 20's. The Green/Brown minutes battle should also be fun. I say they both play like 10 mins a game if Green hits 35%+ from 3 and Brown plays very good defense from day 1 and excited to the crowd with a few strong drives, jams and 75%+ FT shooting.

Come playoff time I'd expect one of Zeller/Jerebko to be out of the rotation. If Olynyk is healthy and hitting shots it likely will be Jerebko. If he's not then Amir/Jonas will have larger playoff roles like the ones we saw last year. I'd also expect only one of Green/Brown to be in a 10 man playoff rotation.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:10 pm

Brad seemed to like a 10 man rotation last year and I think if the roster ends up like it is now it will be more like

Horford- 30 min
Kelly-22
Amir- 24
Jerebko- 16
Crowder- 30
Brown- 18
Bradley-30
Smart- 28
Thomas-30
Rozier- 12

Zeller and Green are the 11 and 12th man

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:04 am

kdp59 wrote:Brad seemed to like a 10 man rotation last year and I think if the roster ends up like it is now it will be more like

Horford- 30 min
Kelly-22
Amir- 24
Jerebko- 16
Crowder- 30
Brown- 18
Bradley-30
Smart- 28
Thomas-30
Rozier- 12

Zeller and Green are the 11 and 12th man

Nice. I hope that is our playoff rotation next year. 

Despite lots of DNP's Stevens still managed to play Lee like 15 mins a game the first half of the season and Zeller like 12 mins over the course of the entire seasons. Stevens sprinkled in some Mickey and Hunter as well. He's been a regular season 11-12 man rotation guy since he got here. Danny gave him too many useful pieces but not enough stars.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down