Early season Cs top 9 player rotation thoughts?

+2
kdp59
wideclyde
6 posters

Go down

Early season Cs top 9 player rotation thoughts? Empty Early season Cs top 9 player rotation thoughts?

Post by wideclyde Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Without any trades or major injuries (that could change the roster), who do you think are the top nine or ten guys in the Cs early season rotation?

Smart, Hayward, Brown, Tatum, Kanter, Walker, Williams, Williams, Theis and ?????????????

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Early season Cs top 9 player rotation thoughts? Empty Re: Early season Cs top 9 player rotation thoughts?

Post by kdp59 Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:23 pm

Kemba-32 min/G
Tatum- 32
Brown- 30
Smart- 30
Hayward- 30
Kanter- 28
Theis- 18
Rob W.- 18

Grant W.- 12
Carson- 10

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Early season Cs top 9 player rotation thoughts? Empty Re: Early season Cs top 9 player rotation thoughts?

Post by tjmakz Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:33 pm

kdp59 wrote:Kemba-32 min/G
Tatum- 32
Brown- 30
Smart- 30
Hayward- 30
Kanter- 28
Theis- 18
Rob W.- 18

Grant W.- 12
Carson- 10

0 minutes for Langford and Poirer?
Brad will have another hard job ahead of him with giving out playing time.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:55 pm

wideclyde wrote:Without any trades or major injuries (that could change the roster), who do you think are the top nine or ten guys in the Cs early season rotation?

Smart, Hayward, Brown, Tatum, Kanter, Walker, Williams, Williams, Theis and ?????????????

clyde,

Either Wanamaker or Edwards for depth at guard.  If Brad is worried about stabilizing the 2nd unit, and he should given its youth and inexperience, then Wanamaker will be told to run the team.  If it's Buckets R Us then Edwards.

And I'm not sure about Grant Williams being in the top 9.  I think he might surprise us with his passing but he's an undersized 4.  It will take time for him to really learn how to apply his BBIQ at the NBA level and, in the meanwhile, he's going to get pounded on by the bigger 4s in the league.  I question how much Brad will be patient with that.  He's smart enough to know it will take time but he wants to win now.

I'm expecting to see a lot more of the Wanamaker/Theis connection this year.  They won championships together in Germany, they already have 2-man chemistry and is more of a known quantity to Brad now, so I think we'll see more Wanamaker if we see more Theis.  If we see more Williams then I don't know.  I have nothing much to base this upon but I could see a really good 2-man game chemistry developing between the Williams boys, Grant and Robert.  Both look to be above average, and very willing, passers but as I said earlier I am concerned about GWill on defense because of his height.

What's amazing is that we're excited about Edwards and GWill but nobody even gives a 2nd thought to the player who was drafted higher than both of them.  Romeo Langford could be the X-factor for this team this year.  He was only marginally scouted in college, or scouted and discounted, because he had that torn tendon in his shooting hand's thumb that wrecked his shooting % and drove him down in the draft.  Teams drafting higher than us wanted more of a sure thing and teams drafting lower than us probably didn't think he'd drop far enough where they could trade up for him.  Now that he's healthy he can show Brad, and us, what Danny saw in him that made him use the #14 pick on him and not do a switcheroo and use the 14th pick on GWill and the lower pick on Romeo.  Romeo is a lottery pick.  Not a high one, but still a lottery pick, and we are completely overlooking him because we haven't seen him play a minute of ball since the end of school, and neither has anybody else not in green.  He could be a dark horse.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:57 pm

tjmakz wrote:
kdp59 wrote:Kemba-32 min/G
Tatum- 32
Brown- 30
Smart- 30
Hayward- 30
Kanter- 28
Theis- 18
Rob W.- 18

Grant W.- 12
Carson- 10

0 minutes for Langford and Poirer?
Brad will have another hard job ahead of him with giving out playing time.

TJ,

Good point, I forgot about Poirier too. Not sure where Langford gets minutes but Poirier will.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:28 pm

plug in Poirier over Rob W. if you want to, but I prefer to see IF the young man can play or not THIS year.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:49 pm

Walker, Tatum, Smart, Brown, Kanter, Hayward, Edwards, R Williams, Theis

Top 9 in minutes/early season rotation.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:38 pm

Poirier should get minutes over rookie Grant Williams. As much as anyone might like the rookie he is still an undersized so called PF that plays below the rim and is working on his 3 point shot.
Poirier is a seasoned professional

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down