Jared Sullinger
Jared Sullinger – Verified account ‏@Jared_Sully0

Change is coming
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Sully Gone? Empty Re: Sully Gone?

Post by 112288 Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:46 pm

So what did he expect. Weight problems, not sticking to conditioning programs and fringe run-ins with the coach.

See Ya!

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:56 pm

112288 wrote:So what did he expect.  Weight problems, not sticking to conditioning programs and fringe run-ins with the coach.

See Ya!

And a BAD haircut.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:20 am

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4723504/the-jared-sullinger-conundrum

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:05 am

Since no one seems to be able to report anything related to Sullinger getting any type of free agent offers yet (now one week into free agency) it might be a big hint for this guy to reshape (pun intended) his body and his career. Lots of money has been tossed around in the last week yet not a single word on any offer for this guy.

Because of things that he has not done to physically prepare himself to play better and longer in the NBA (and, although it made me chuckle I will leave the "bad haircut" off this list) he may just have to accept the Cs offer for another year, and then use this next year to seriously prove to the rest of the league that he really wants to be a high priced NBA player. In his first year I remember how much more physically developed I thought he would be by his third year. Now he still looks just like he did when leaving OSU-soft and unprepared for the NBA game.

If the Cs and their fans can see what he brings and what he doesn't bring, the rest of the league can see these same things as well. For all of the so called conditioning he did last summer, he regressed during the season to only being able to play at an NBA level for about 18 minutes before tiring and having his performance decline.

For a guy without a better all around game this factor needs to be addressed much more than Sullinger seems to think necessary. If he could give a team only 18 minutes but could play defense, rebound, drive, shoot, get to the free throw line, pass the ball, etc, etc the 18 minutes of all these skills would make him more valuable. But, since he is pretty much only able to play defense against the fewer, slower moving guys in the NBA and rebound fairly well playing only well in 18 minutes per game is not enough to get him the big contract that he thinks he deserves. In my opinion, he needs to increase his productivity to about 32 minutes to earn big money because at 32 productive minutes he could (and should) be a 20 point scorer (around the basket) and a 12-14 per game rebounder.

Unfortunately, he may not be the first or the last guy who may have eaten his way out of the big money that is found in professional sports.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:42 am

DA made statements about his lack of conditioning so that did not enhance his market value.

Do the Celts want him back for another year.  Will he be the anchor for a trade?  

His cryptic tweet probably means he is moving on for a few dollars more.

When he got benched during the playoffs I thought that was it.  he was done.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:23 pm

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/what-does-jared-sullingers-change-coming-tweet-mean

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down