Celtics 'phones are ringing' ... maybe for Jahlil Okafor or DeMarcus Cousins?

+7
cowens/oldschool
dboss
bobheckler
jrleftfoot
wideclyde
kdp59
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Celtics 'phones are ringing' ... maybe for Jahlil Okafor or DeMarcus Cousins? - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics 'phones are ringing' ... maybe for Jahlil Okafor or DeMarcus Cousins?

Post by Ram Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:45 am

dboss wrote:good research Ram

I think Amir may play less minutes..say 20 MPG.

This of course is speculative.  All the analytics will change.

Thanks! I'd like for Amir to place less. If our veteran big man is say, Perkins, or the team decides to keep Yabusele around and he just can't crack the PF rotation over Jerebko or Mickey then things will definitely change. But if our 5th big is Zeller then the team would be solid overall with these type of minutes breakdowns:

Horford - 30-34 mins
Olynyk - 22-26 mins
Amir - 18-22 mins
Zeller - 10-14 mins
Jerebko - 6-10 mins

If the C's don't go with Zeller they could probably get away with minute #'s on the higher end for those other 4 guys while Jerebko and Mickey get into sort of an offense/defense time share.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Celtics 'phones are ringing' ... maybe for Jahlil Okafor or DeMarcus Cousins? - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics 'phones are ringing' ... maybe for Jahlil Okafor or DeMarcus Cousins?

Post by Ram Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:57 am

steve3344 wrote:
NYCelt wrote:Okafor would be a great addition, allowing Horford to move to the 4 (agree with leftfoot; he's better suited there anyway) and in time hopefully creating a great frontline with Brown.  For a guy that played hurt and then missed a good part of his rookie year, Okafor looked just fine.  Problem is, I still don't believe the 6ers have any real interest in trading him.  Not until they can get a look at Embiid over an extended period in the regular season, at least.  You have to give value to get value, so that Nets pick would probably be in play along with Smart or Bradley.  I could see dealing one of those two guards, but would hate to part with that pick; next year it could easily lead to a center or shooter.

Next year's draft is expected to be very strong.  I want to keep the pick unless an extraordinary deal happens (Cousins).  Wouldn't give it up for Okafor.

Agree 100%. If Cousins could still be dealt for than this is the type of deal I see Danny doing for him:

Nets 2018 pick unprotected
Smart or Rozier
Zizic
Amir (to help make t$ work)
Young or Hunter
One of the 3 picks the Celtics have in 2019. We'd have out own (assuming 25-30 range), the Clippers (lotto protected) and the Grizzlies (top 10 potected). I'm really fine with letting go of any of these and the protection is a bit of a gamble the C's may want to let another team deal with. 

I assume the team likes Hunter more than Young and Smart more than Rozier, but that is purely speculation by me. That is why I would say to Sac "If you want Smart you also take Young and not Hunter, or if you want Hunter, we'll give you Rozier"

Amir would be a good veteran locker room guy for their young frontcourt and also a valuable trade chip at the deadline with an easy to move contract and the type of game that would fit well off the bench for almost any playoff team needing to upgrade their 4th or 5th big. Zizic comes over in 2017 as an intense rebounder low post bulk type guy who'd pair well with Cauley-Stein, who will block shots and jump out to defend the lanes or the stretch 4. 

Cousins-Horford-Crowder-Bradley and Thomas starting with Olynyk-Mickey/Jerebko-Brown-Hunter and Rozier  off the bench and Bentil/Jackson in the D-league, Yabusele in Europe for another year, maybe one more vet who plays and another veteran like Perkins in street clothes...
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:15 am

Ram wrote:
steve3344 wrote:
NYCelt wrote:Okafor would be a great addition, allowing Horford to move to the 4 (agree with leftfoot; he's better suited there anyway) and in time hopefully creating a great frontline with Brown.  For a guy that played hurt and then missed a good part of his rookie year, Okafor looked just fine.  Problem is, I still don't believe the 6ers have any real interest in trading him.  Not until they can get a look at Embiid over an extended period in the regular season, at least.  You have to give value to get value, so that Nets pick would probably be in play along with Smart or Bradley.  I could see dealing one of those two guards, but would hate to part with that pick; next year it could easily lead to a center or shooter.

Next year's draft is expected to be very strong.  I want to keep the pick unless an extraordinary deal happens (Cousins).  Wouldn't give it up for Okafor.

Agree 100%. If Cousins could still be dealt for than this is the type of deal I see Danny doing for him:

Nets 2018 pick unprotected
Smart or Rozier
Zizic
Amir (to help make t$ work)
Young or Hunter
One of the 3 picks the Celtics have in 2019. We'd have out own (assuming 25-30 range), the Clippers (lotto protected) and the Grizzlies (top 10 potected). I'm really fine with letting go of any of these and the protection is a bit of a gamble the C's may want to let another team deal with. 

I assume the team likes Hunter more than Young and Smart more than Rozier, but that is purely speculation by me. That is why I would say to Sac "If you want Smart you also take Young and not Hunter, or if you want Hunter, we'll give you Rozier"

Amir would be a good veteran locker room guy for their young frontcourt and also a valuable trade chip at the deadline with an easy to move contract and the type of game that would fit well off the bench for almost any playoff team needing to upgrade their 4th or 5th big. Zizic comes over in 2017 as an intense rebounder low post bulk type guy who'd pair well with Cauley-Stein, who will block shots and jump out to defend the lanes or the stretch 4. 

Cousins-Horford-Crowder-Bradley and Thomas starting with Olynyk-Mickey/Jerebko-Brown-Hunter and Rozier  off the bench and Bentil/Jackson in the D-league, Yabusele in Europe for another year, maybe one more vet who plays and another veteran like Perkins in street clothes...

I don't see any way Sacramento trades Cousins for a couple of borderline starters and a questionable draft pick two years out.
Plenty of teams would offer much more for Cousins.
I don't get the feeling Smart has too much trade value at this point.
I think your trade proposals usually slant significantly in Boston's favor.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:33 am

I meant the 2017 pick unprotected
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:10 am

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/7/10/12124012/boston-celtics-trade-rumors-jahlil-okafor-dario-saric-philadelphia-76ers-nba

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:28 am

I saw that blog post also this morning Steve.
even though its' just speculation, before the draft when all the Phily trade talk was hot, I also proposed trying to get Saric along with Okafor

I even went to far as thinking that both of them for the #3 pick ( so Philly could have selected Dunn) might be a good deal for both teams.

I guess we'll have to see if there is any "legs" to this story, but I'm note sure what the Celtics have that Philly wants at this point...Smart?
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:00 pm

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/07/13/76ers-gm-bryan-colangelo-absolutely-not-comfortable-starting-season-with-nerlens-noel-jahlil-okafor-and-joel-embiid-on-roster-but/

Everybody knows the Sixers have to make a trade. Not an enviable position for them to be in.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2