What would it take for the Celtics to trade for DeMarcus Cousins?

+8
NYCelt
dboss
wideclyde
steve3344
sinus007
kdp59
bobheckler
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What would it take for the Celtics to trade for DeMarcus Cousins? Empty What would it take for the Celtics to trade for DeMarcus Cousins?

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:51 pm

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2016/12/02/what-would-it-take-for-the-celtics-to-trade-for-demarcus-cousins

What would it take for the Celtics to trade for DeMarcus Cousins?

A hypothetical trade package would have to include multiple young players and draft picks

What would it take for the Celtics to trade for DeMarcus Cousins? Raptors-Kings-Basketball-850x478$large
Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins looks for an explanation from an official after fouling a Toronto Raptor player during the first half of an NBA basketball game in Sacramento, Calif., Sunday, Nov. 20, 2016. (AP Photo/Steve Yeater) Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins has been involved in trade rumors for years. –The Associated Press

By Brian Robb  7:47 AM

Trade rumor season has yet to begin in the NBA, but that hasn’t stopped the whispers surrounding DeMarcus Cousins. The 6-foot-11 center is once again thriving on a subpar Sacramento Kings team that has failed to win more than 32 games in a season during Cousins’ seven-year career.

While any move involving Cousins likely wouldn’t be made until after Dec. 15 (the date most newly signed free agents can be traded), Sean Deveney of The Sporting News reports that a trade for the double-double machine could be in play by the trade deadline.

Would the Celtics be interested in such a deal? It depends on which part of the organization you talk to, according to Zach Lowe of ESPN.com. While it’s fair to say all 29 NBA teams would be interested in trading for an All-Star like Cousins, it all comes down to the price tag.

The Celtics are one of the few teams in the league with the necessary assets to make a trade for a star, but the question of just how many assets Danny Ainge would be willing to sacrifice on a polarizing big man remains. With that in mind, we examined what a trade package might look like for the two-time All-Star.

Reviewing Past Superstar Trades

To understand what Cousins could fetch for Sacramento in a potential deal with Boston, it’s important to first get a sense of the NBA trade landscape for stars. Here’s a look at four trades of stars from the past five seasons and some underlying factors from the deals.

2011: Deron Williams (age 26, 1.5 years remaining on deal when traded):

Dealt by the Utah Jazz to the New Jersey Nets for Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, cash, a 2011 1st round draft pick (No. 3 overall – Enes Kanter) and a 2013 1st round draft pick (No. 21 – Gorgui Dieng).

2011: Carmelo Anthony (age 26, in final year of contract when traded):

Denver Nuggets dealt Anthony to New York Knicks in 3-team trade. Key parts of return for Nuggets: Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, a 2014 first-round pick, 2 second-round picks

2012: James Harden (age 23, one year remaining on rookie deal when traded):

Oklahoma City Thunder traded Harden, Lazar Hayward, Cole Aldrich and Daequan Cook to Houston Rockets for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, two future first-round picks (Steven Adams, Mitch McGary)  and one second-round pick.

2014: Kevin Love (age 25, one year remaining on contract when traded):

Minnesota Timberwolves traded Love to Cleveland Cavaliers for Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and Miami’s 2015 first-round pick.

Lessons Learned from Recent Star Trades

1. Comparable situation for Cousins: Deron Williams. The closest comparison we can make to Cousins’ current situation out of these past deals is Williams, largely because he had more than a year remaining on his contract when sent to the Nets in 2011. The former Jazz point guard had a stronger postseason track record in Utah and less baggage than Cousins does currently, but it’s fair to expect a comparable haul for the Kings center.

2.  Star potential is required in the return package for a star – A player with a high ceiling or a future high draft pick was a requirement in all of these deals, outside of Harden. The Rockets shooting guard had less of a track record at the time he was traded than the others, so he is the exception. Gallinari, Wiggins and Favors had various ceilings of potential when dealt, but nearly all of them had a higher one than any current young pieces on the Celtics roster.  

3. An evolving financial landscape has made finding a trade tougher – While most of these deals came to be (Anthony, Love) out of fear that said player would walk upon hitting free agency, some did occur (Harden) due to money/salary cap restraints. Those concerns no longer exist in today’s NBA, in large part due to a salary cap number that now is over $94.1 million. Only two teams (Cleveland, LA Clippers) are even flirting with the luxury tax this year, and both of those franchises have owners with big pockets. That reality has created an atmosphere where stars hitting the trade market are harder to find and more costly to acquire with assets.

The Cousins Contract

Rumors have been swirling around Cousins for years, but his contract situation now makes a trade a more realistic possibility compared to past years, as Deveney reports. The center is due to become a free agent in the summer of 2018, leaving him with less than two years remaining on his current deal. Here’s the breakdown of said contract:

2016-17: $16,957,900

2017-18: $18,063,850

The possibility that Cousins leaves the Kings in free agency is very real if the big man wants to contend in the near future, so the trade window to maximize a major return for the Kings is starting to diminish. Conventional wisdom says the sooner the Kings make a move, the bigger bounty they can demand for the 26-year-old. The good news for them is that his current contract is a bargain compared to the other deals that were handed out last year in the face of a skyrocketing salary cap, making him an even more attractive chip for any NBA roster right now.

What would Cousins Cost the Celtics in a Hypothetical Deal?

Taking into account all of the necessary factors, we can properly speculate on Sacramento’s price tag for Boogie. Keep in mind this is a All-Star center in his prime who is currently averaging a career-high 28.7 ppg and shooting the 3-ball at a 39 percent clip. Despite his team’s lack of success over the years, the numbers indicate that Cousins still hasn’t reached his peak as a player, which only helps the Kings in trade talks.

Hypothetical Trade Package 1 (emptying the youth cupboard)

Celtics trade Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Amir Johnson, the 2017 Brooklyn first round pick swap and Brooklyn’s 2018 unprotected first round pick for DeMarcus Cousins, Omri Cassipi and Ben McLemore

Analysis: The Celtics have vigilantly tried to stock their backcourt over the past few seasons with plenty of young talent. Luckily, that’s one area of the Kings roster that could use some help, as the team’s current backcourt rotation consists of largely veteran journeymen (Ty Lawson, Darren Collison, Arron Afflalo).

With four of the top five 2017 draft prospects from DraftExpress projected to be point guards, the Kings would be able use the 2017 Nets pick swap find their point guard of the future. Jaylen Brown provides plenty of potential on the wing (another area of need for Sacramento), while the additional 2018 Brooklyn pick helps make up for the lack of a clear-cut potential star in the deal.

It would be a heavy price to pay for Boston, essentially spending their entire draft pick haul from Brooklyn on the right to acquire Cousins, but that’s the challenge of sparse trade market for stars. In order to offset the losses of Smart and Brown, the Kings include a couple of serviceable role players in the deal to round out the roster. To be clear, this is not an offer that the Celtics would necessarily agree to, it’s just one the Kings would likely give the green light to.

Hypothetical Trade Package 2 (sacrificing veterans over picks)

Celtics trade Avery Bradley, Jaylen Brown, Amir Johnson Marcus Smart, the right to swap with Brooklyn in 2017 NBA Draft, an unprotected 2019 Celtics first round pick to Sacramento Kings for DeMarcus Cousins, Arron Afflalo and Omri Casspi  

Analysis: From a team-building standpoint, a complete tear down of the Kings roster is probably the best move if GM Vlade Divac is going to move on from the Cousins era in Sacramento. However, with an arena that just opened for the 2016-17 season, ownership may not have the stomach to take another step back after missing the playoffs for ten consecutive seasons already.

The inclusion of Avery Bradley in Boston’s hypothetical package (in place of the 2018 Brooklyn first round pick) helps Sacramento address this problem. While he might not have the star potential of a future lottery pick, he’s on a bargain contract through 2018 and his offensive ability is still growing by the year. Together with Marcus Smart, the pair could form one of the top defensive backcourts in the Western Conference immediately. That potential isn’t enough to convince the Kings to part with Cousins, so Danny Ainge could sweeten the deal with Jaylen Brown, the 2017 Brooklyn pick swap and another future first round pick to help restock the Kings’ draft stash.

The Celtics would get back a replacement starting shooting guard in the deal (Afflalo) to help soften the blow of losing Bradley. Casspi would provide additional shooting wing depth as well for Boston, and Ainge would still maintain a one Brooklyn pick in his stash in another deal to help fill out the roster.

The Looming Question

It’s once again important to emphasis that the potential deals I mentioned aren’t ones the Celtics would necessarily agree to. Instead, these are simply packages that would likely satisfy the Kings’ lofty demands for the time being. Ainge doesn’t like to pay full price for a star but that’s what he would be doing here.

The fact remains that the asking price for Cousins will only trend downwards as the season continues, and it remains unclear whether Danny Ainge would want to go all-in on a player like Cousins who has no track record of team success and question marks surrounding his attitude and effort. Still, as potential available superstars remain few and far between on the trade market, the Cousins question is one the Celtics will have to think long and hard about in the coming months.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

What would it take for the Celtics to trade for DeMarcus Cousins? Empty Re: What would it take for the Celtics to trade for DeMarcus Cousins?

Post by kdp59 Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:08 am

I am still not sold that Cousins and Horford can play together for the long term in todays NBA. But that aside, IF Cousins becomes available my personal best offer would be something like:

Amir ( $12m)
Bradley ($8,2M)
Right to the Nets pick next year
right to one of the lesser ( Memphis) future firsts we have
second round picks as needed or rights to Yabusele.

for
Cousins ( $16.9M)
McLemore ($4M)

IF The Kings would prefer Smart over Bradley the deal would be for Cousins and the Rookie Richardson.

personally I would rather Danny go after either Cauley-Stein ( can't get off the bench this year) or Noel ( recovering from injury and may be buried behind Embiid and Okafor at Philly).

either could be had for one of our non-starting players and a first round pick I would assume.

both players would fit better with Horford (think a younger Amir).

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

What would it take for the Celtics to trade for DeMarcus Cousins? Empty Re: What would it take for the Celtics to trade for DeMarcus Cousins?

Post by sinus007 Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:51 am

Hi,
I'd rather keep AB if the trade is on the table. He's a better shooter than Smart.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:18 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
I'd rather keep AB if the trade is on the table. He's a better shooter than Smart.

AK
Ya think?

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:44 pm

I have been telling everyone for over a year now that Cousins will boost the Cs to Cleveland's level this year, but there have to be a couple of limitations on what can be given away for him.

My first thoughts relate to the idea of giving away both of the two remaining picks from the Nets for Cousins. I can give them a choice of which year they want to take one of those picks but cannot give both away.

With that said, the idea of giving both of those two picks AND Brown is also out of the question.  The only way Brown goes to Sacremento for Cousins if he is the Kings top choice/pick off the current roster.  In other words, if they want Brown they do not get Smart or Bradley.

I cannot trade both Smart and Bradley for Cousins and McLemore's bad contract.   If one has to go I would have to include Bradley and not Smart.  Bradley has improved his game immensely since arriving in Boston to the point that he is likely to become a max or near max player when his current contract expires.  Smart's contact ends at about the same time, but because he has not yet proven to be a upper teens scorer he will cost appreciably less for the three of four years of his next contract.

More importantly, Smart is a true "glue/tough guy" player while Bradley is a very good player. You can do without a Bradley if you can get someone who can score 14 or 15, but Smart type guys are far fewer to be found.  Even with only having been around for a couple of years, he is more of captain/leader type player than maybe anyone except Crowder on our team.   Thomas's scoring makes him certainly pretty valuable as well, but in a completely different way.

So, back to the trade and how much I would give up.  Smart (if totally necessary, but better Bradley) or Bradley, or Brown, a choice of the two remaining Nets picks, the Cs first in 2018, and one of the other first round picks that Ainge has in his back pocket that comes from another team such as Memphis, a second rounder or two and Amir Johnson to make the salaries in the entire deal match up and not overcrowd the frontcourt rotation.  Of course, Gerald Green and James Young can be used as fillers to help balance the salaries if necessary as it definitely seems like neither of these two guys will contribute much this season and both will be gone by the start of next season.

Last edited by wideclyde on Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:56 pm

wideclyde wrote:I have been telling everyone for over a year now that Cousins will boost the Cs to Cleveland's level this year, but there have to be a couple of limitations on what can be given away for him.

My first thoughts relate to the idea of giving away both of the two remaining picks from the Nets for Cousins. I can give them a choice of which year they want to take one of those picks but cannot give both away.

With that said, the idea of giving both of those two picks AND Brown is also out of the question.  The only way Brown goes to Sacremento for Cousins if he is the Kings top choice/pick off the current roster.  In other words, if they want Brown they do not get Smart or Bradley.

I cannot trade both Smart and Bradley for Cousins and McLemore's bad contract.   If one has to go I would have to include Bradley and not Smart.  Bradley has improved his game immensely since arriving in Boston to the point that he is likely to become a max or near max player when his current contract expires.  Smart's contact ends at about the same time, but because he has not yet proven to be a upper teens scorer he will cost appreciably less for the three of four years of his next contract.

More importantly, Smart is a true "glue/tough guy" player while Bradley is a very good player. You can do without a Bradley if you can get someone who can score 14 or 15, but Smart type guys are far fewer to be found.  Even with only having been around for a couple of years, he is more of captain type player than maybe anyone except Crowder on our team.   Thomas's scoring makes him certainly pretty valuable as well, but in a completely different way.

So, back to the trade and how much I would give up.  Smart (if totally necessary, but better Bradley) or Bradley, or Brown, a choice of the two remaining Nets picks, the Cs first in 2018, and one of the other first round picks that Ainge has in his back pocket that comes from another team such as Memphis, a second rounder or two and Amir Johnson to make the salaries in the entire deal match up and not overcrowd the frontcourt rotation.  Of course, Gerald Green and James Young can be used as fillers to help balance the salaries if necessary as it definitely seems like neither of these two guys will contribute much this season and both will be gone by the start of next season.

clyde,

I agree with most of what you wrote.  Rozier is turning into another Bradley, which makes Bradley more expendable.  This does not mean I want him to be traded, I love Bradley's game, but if a deal for an All-Leaguer like Cousins (or someone else of his caliber) needs to include Bradley I would be receptive.  We need an upgrade to our starting front court more than to our back court.  We also can afford to give up some of our quality back court players because we have better depth there than in our front court.  Trade Amir, for example, and who is next up to start, assuming we don't get Cousins or an obvious starter upgrade?  Kelly?  Not without showing more consistency.  Zeller?  Hell no.  Trade Crowder, for example, and who is next up to start?  Jaylen Brown?  Uh, no.  Gerald Green?  Right after he pulls the splinters out of his ass.  Trade Bradley and Rozier is next up, or even Smart, and that's not too painful, not too large a leap in faith. For a significant upgrade to a starting spot I can definitely live with the difference between Bradley and Rozier.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:15 pm

Bob,

Although I did not mention Rozier I am glad that you did. I very much agree with your assessment of him, and he may actually be further along in only his second year than Bradley was in his second season although they were not the same age in their second seasons.

Also adding to our backcourt depth is Williamson and the kid Ainge found a way to stash in Maine this year. As I try to follow him this year, I am having a difficult time thinking that this kid will not be a success in the NBA and perhaps even this year if he gets the chance.

Nader is doing everything far and away better than just about everyone in the D League (at his position) and has been very, very complete and consistent from day one. Although not a guarantee to become an NBA all star, he is doing better than any of the other Cs (while in Portland) young guys who have been stationed there from time to time. Of course I do realize that Portland is still a minor league setting.

If a roster spot opens up due to an uneven number of players in a trade, I would like to see this guy signed to an NBA contract in Boston right away. He has to be better than Young and Green as far as playing time at the shooting guard spot, don't you think?

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:35 am

Noel makes sense as he comes relatively cheap and can provide rim protection and rebounding. It will allow us to to keep most of our picks and a chance next year to see our center we drafted from overseas.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:45 pm

The most important question in my mind is not what we should give up for Cousins but whether or not he should be pursued at all.

Some considerations

He puts up big numbers but he is not a transformative player.  He does not make his teammates better.  A closer look at his numbers reveals some interesting trends.

Last year Sacramento had the best winning % since he has been on the Kings.  They won 33 games.  We can blame that on the coaching, the ownership and the players especially him since he is the main guy.  You cannot isolate him from the losing.

His career assist to turnover ration is .081 but he wants the offense to run through him.

Each year his Field Goal attempts increases.

For a center his overall shooting percentage is average at only .461

He is taking more 3 point shots this year but his career 3 pt % is .311%

His rebounding numbers are on the decline.  He is no longer a dominant rebounder.

His transition from offense to defense and visa versa is noticeable slow.

He replicates what we already established with the signing of Al Horford to a long term contract.  The offense runs through Horford as it should so what does Cousins bring to the table?  Does it make good business sense to spend big money on 2 centers?

He has a bad attitude and gets called for too many technical fouls.  His on-court antics is a disruptive element.  You can blame that on losing if you want to but the attitude issue in and of itself reflects a loser mentality.

As we have seen from the best teams like Golden State and the Cavs they win without a great center because of the spread offense.  The bigs that are trending now are bigs with wing skills that can handle the rock, pass, shoot from the perimeter and attack off the dribble.  

The missing piece that is most needed today by the Celtics is a athletic PF that can defend, rebound and score.  We need a complimentary piece to play along side Horford and that player is not Cousins.

I see no good reason to use assets on Cousins now that Horford is on board.  Can we use another 5?  Absolutely but the level of need at that position can and should be filled without gutting the team and wasting the Brooklyn picks.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:58 pm

Watching Knicks beat up on the Kings.

comment by Clyde. "He will end up with 30 points and 10 rebounds and they will lose again because he does not make his teammates better"

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:07 pm

dboss wrote:Watching Knicks beat up on the Kings.

comment by Clyde. "He will end up with 30 points and 10 rebounds and they will lose again because he does not make his teammates better"

dboss

Dboss,

I wonder if he says that about Melo too?  The same description could be used for both.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:42 pm

112288 wrote:Noel makes sense as he comes relatively cheap and can provide rim protection and rebounding.  It will allow us to to keep most of our picks and a chance next year to see our center we drafted from overseas.

At this point, with Horford on board, exploring a deal for Noel could make sense. As Embiid emerges, Okafor could be on the table if we wanted to sacrifice defense in favor of scoring a ton. Wonder if we could win games 115 - 110 often?

Have to say, Celtic nation's man-crush on Cousins is not letting up.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:44 pm

Rumor has it that Toronto and GS are in the mix to trade for Noel.

what would Boston have to give up to get him keeping in mind that back court depth is the #1 priority for the Sixers.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:50 pm

I cant stand Cousins attitude. Great player, piss poor attitude.

This is the kind of cancer that can tear apart a locker room (aka Dwight Howard). On top of that, you need to give up a mature character guy like Bradley or Crowder - and a young sparkplug like Smart?

No thanks. Stay in Crapramento - enjoy finishing at the bottom of the league every year.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:06 pm

Noel could be a real good fit to play along side Horford. My primary concern is the knees. Taking that risk into consideration should reduce the asking price.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:13 pm

The Sixers will be in the lotto again this year and should be able to draft a quality PG.

How about Marcus Smart for Noel straight up? The sixers are very weak defensively in the back court. Throw in James Young or Jackson to sweeten the deal.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:06 am

2 hours ago – via SoundCloud
Chris Broussard: The last time I talked to people about (DeMarcus Cousins), which was last week, what I was being told is that the Kings want to keep him into the trade deadline or close to the trade deadline and see where they are as a team. If they are competing and in the playoff hunt, what I’m told is they would like to keep him.

2 hours ago – via SoundCloud
Chris Broussard: I’ve talked to executives who would not touch him, who would use him but would not touch him despite the great numbers because of the fear of his attitude.

5 days ago – via CSNNE.com
However, he does find one positive about the steady stream of trade rumors: It serves as a reminder of just how coveted the 6-foot-11 big man is around the league. “I do appreciate that,” said Cousins who quickly added, “but like I said, I’m a King. I’m good.”

6 days ago – via Twitter GwashburnGlobe
Gary Washburn: DeMarcus Cousins said most people who start trade rumors want him on their team. When told many fans in Boston want him, he said, “I heard. I heard.”

bob
MY NOTE:  “but like I said, I’m a King. I’m good.”  So much for being a cancer.

The Kings are 4 games out of the playoffs as of today.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:39 am

How does the Kings being 4 games out of the playoffs in December change anything?

He does not make the players around him better and his team has won an average of 30 games a year during his 6 years in the NBA.

The Kings wont smell the playoffs come April and Cousins will run up a laundry list of fines, ejections and poor sportsmanship in the meantime. He can stay in Sacramento - "..I'm Good.." as well.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:33 pm

mrkleen

Don't be so hard on the guy. He is just so unhappy that his team cannot win. It is overwhelming and masks his serene nature.

He only has 6 techs this year or .3 per game which projects to 24.6 over 82 games. Even though that will be the most he has ever had we need to think of it as another stat that clearly shows an improvement in his numbers.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:09 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,

AK

yep
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:28 pm

dboss wrote:The most important question in my mind is not what we should give up for Cousins but whether or not he should be pursued at all.

Some considerations

He puts up big numbers but he is not a transformative player.  He does not make his teammates better.  A closer look at his numbers reveals some interesting trends.

Last year Sacramento had the best winning % since he has been on the Kings.  They won 33 games.  We can blame that on the coaching, the ownership and the players especially him since he is the main guy.  You cannot isolate him from the losing.

His career assist to turnover ration is .081 but he wants the offense to run through him.

Each year his Field Goal attempts increases.

For a center his overall shooting percentage is average at only .461

He is taking more 3 point shots this year but his career 3 pt % is .311%

His rebounding numbers are on the decline.  He is no longer a dominant rebounder.

His transition from offense to defense and visa versa is noticeable slow.

He replicates what we already established with the signing of Al Horford to a long term contract.  The offense runs through Horford as it should so what does Cousins bring to the table?  Does it make good business sense to spend big money on 2 centers?

He has a bad attitude and gets called for too many technical fouls.  His on-court antics is a disruptive element.  You can blame that on losing if you want to but the attitude issue in and of itself reflects a loser mentality.

As we have seen from the best teams like Golden State and the Cavs they win without a great center because of the spread offense.  The bigs that are trending now are bigs with wing skills that can handle the rock, pass, shoot from the perimeter and attack off the dribble.  

The missing piece that is most needed today by the Celtics is a athletic PF that can defend, rebound and score.  We need a complimentary piece to play along side Horford and that player is not Cousins.

I see no good reason to use assets on Cousins now that Horford is on board.  Can we use another 5?  Absolutely but the level of need at that position can and should be filled without gutting the team and wasting the Brooklyn picks.

dboss
Cousins IS  a big who can handle the rock , pass , shoot from the perimeter and , yes , attack off the dribble. I don`t give a damn  about his " on court antics" either. Robert Parish allegedly had a " bad attitude" with the Warriors. And then there was DJ. Winning clears a lot of that stuff up. That being said , I saw him play against the Fakers in Sacto recently and his performance was very uneven . He totally dominated at times and then he would hang around the perimeter twiddling his thumbs. Would I like to have him on the roster? Sure, he`s the best center in the league and its not close, but , like dboss, I wouldn`t give up the farm for him. BTW , he was 26/ 10 at the game I went to .
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:17 pm

Re: What would it take for the Celtics to trade for DeMarcus Cousins?

A SET OF BASKETBALLS!

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:22 pm

dboss wrote:mrkleen

Don't be so hard on the guy.  He is just so unhappy that his team cannot win.  It is overwhelming and masks his serene nature.

He only has 6 techs this year or .3 per game which projects to 24.6 over 82 games.  Even though that will be the most he has ever had we need to think of it as another stat that clearly shows an improvement in his numbers.

dboss

I detect the use of the sarcasm font.

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:51 pm

HUMMMMMMMMMM

ARE BASKETBALLS ARE MADE OUT OF LEATHER?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:29 pm

I'd trade:

Nets 2017 pick
The two 1st rd picks we get at some point from the Grizz and Clippers
Brown
Rozier
Zeller
Yabusele

For Cousins and Lawson
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next