Danny?....come on MAN!!!

5 posters

Go down

Danny?....come on MAN!!! Empty Danny?....come on MAN!!!

Post by kdp59 Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:59 am

http://www.eurohoops.net/featured/280117/semih-erden-ready-to-make-an-nba-comeback

really?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Danny?....come on MAN!!! Empty Re: Danny?....come on MAN!!!

Post by gyso Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:25 am

kdp,

Does ". . . come on Man!!!" mean:

Come on man, sign him already!!!

or

Come on Man, what are you thinking!?!

IMO, this opens up another possibility; Zeller, Plumlee or Erden?

I liked him when he was here.  We had an ongoing debate then as to who was better, Erden or Asik?  Overall, Erden was considered the better player in those debates, but green-tinted bias should be considered.

Erden was traded because of injury and then went back to Turkey.  What has he done since then?  I haven't followed his career to see if he may be a better option in the pace and space game.  Asik is now thought of as being overpayed, is generally thought of as a slippery-handed dinosaur and is no longer considered an option.

IMO, it doesn't hurt for Danny to turn over all the rocks and maybe find some hidden treasure.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:51 am

Erden had limited game.  His defense, as I remember it, was no better than Zeller's or other generally below the rim players and his offense is much less versatile than Zellers.  One thing that Erden was, however, was rugged.  I've noticed that about Argentineans, Brazilians and Turks, in particular.  They are tough guys who play through pain well.  I don't remember the exact injury but I do remember that Semih Erden had a painful injury but he just kept going out there and banging.  By the time he got traded to Cleveland with Luke Harangody there wasn't much of him left, but he didn't shy away from contact injury or no injury.  He played with pride.

And we could use a banger with Sully gone.

Our needs at this time, in my opinion, are pretty much the same ones we had before the draft:  a shooter, a rim protector and a banger.  Danny's draft was pretty much defensive in nature.  What I mean by that is he drafted players to fill potential holes like Sully and Zeller leaving (rather than drafting defensively-minded players.  We expect that from him).  We still need a shooter (or two), we upgraded our rim protection some with Horford but with the departure of Sully we could use a banger.  Yabusele could be him but I'm not sure.  His feet are very quick, his footwork is surprising, even stunning, for a man his size but is he a banger?  I'm not convinced he is, yet.  He has the body for it, for sure, and I have seen him go to the floor for loose balls and Tommy Points, but I haven't seen him really lay the lumber into someone and move them off their spot.  Erden, absolutely positively, is a banger.

The Semih Erden ship has probably sailed in Boston but I wouldn't mind giving him a 1-year.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:08 am

Her may be a restricted free agent for Cleveland:

Erden was given a qualifying contract offer by the Cavs, but the restricted free agent will take his game to Turkey. It's possible that we won't see him back in the NBA. Tue, Jul 3, 2012 09:18:00 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1549/semih-erden

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:29 am

Curious why Colton Iverson is never in these discussions. Is he not even as good as Erden?
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:41 pm

I, too, would like to see Iverson at least given a chance in pre season. Certainly nothing to lose as he will only take up one of the 20 allowable pre season spots. If he flops, back to Europe he goes. If he succeeds he is only succeeding because he has shown himself to be better than guys numbered 16 through 20.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down