REPORT: CELTICS HAVE REACHED OUT TO SF CHASE BUDINGER

+4
swish
wideclyde
mulcogiseng
bobheckler
8 posters

Go down

REPORT: CELTICS HAVE REACHED OUT TO SF CHASE BUDINGER Empty REPORT: CELTICS HAVE REACHED OUT TO SF CHASE BUDINGER

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:56 am

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/report-celtics-have-reached-out-sf-chase-budinger

REPORT: CELTICS HAVE REACHED OUT TO SF CHASE BUDINGER

By CSN REPORT

July 14, 2016 9:50 PM

While the Boston Celtics rumors are swirling around Blake Griffin and Russell Westbrook, that doesn’t mean the Green Team isn’t focusing on other needs.

The Celtics have reached out to free agent small forward Chase Budinger, according to Sporting News’ Sean Deveney.

Follow
Sean Deveney ✔ @SeanDeveney
SMall bit of @celtics news ... Still looking for shooters, source said they reached out to free-agent Chase Budinger.
6:31 AM - 14 Jul 2016
 43 43 Retweets   59 59 likes

Budinger, 28, spent the 2015-2016 season with the Indiana Pacers and Phoenix Suns where he  averaged 4.1 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.0 assist in 66 games.

bob
MY NOTE:  An eternal journeyman.  4 teams in 7 years.  28 years old.  6'7", 209#.  Played only 200 minutes in 17 games for Phoenix last year, and Phoenix sucked because of injuries to their back court.  In fact, in 7 years he has averaged over 1000 minutes in a season only 4 times.  He is a career 43% fg%.  He has a career 3pt fg% of 35%, but the last time he shot over 30% from 3 was the last year he averaged over 1000 minutes, 2014-2015.  He averaged 51.% fg% last year in Phoenix, but he only took 20fgas.

If Danny is seriously considering Chase Budinger then, if I was James Young AND RJ Hunter, I would never leave the gym.  ESPECIALLY Young.  Budinger is a SF and that is the only position, if any, that James Young can play while RJ can play 2 and 3.  I'd bring in a sleeping bag and do one-handed layup drills while I'm eating my breakfast burrito.  James Young got himself a new nose ring this summer.  To me, at the risk of sounding like a pop-psychologist, this is like Sully with his new hairdo and frito routine.  It's a "look at me, it's the new me!" statement, but that's not what will keep his roster spot for him.  Danny will just use that nose ring to lead him out of the facility.

Sadly, at this point, I think Chase Budinger is an upgrade over James Young.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/budinch01.html

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

REPORT: CELTICS HAVE REACHED OUT TO SF CHASE BUDINGER Empty Re: REPORT: CELTICS HAVE REACHED OUT TO SF CHASE BUDINGER

Post by mulcogiseng Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:58 am

I'm surprised at those stats. He was a good solid player at UofA. He had a game that should have translated to an end of bench player on the edge of the rotation or in special situations. He hasn't been playing for whatever reason but let's hope that if he is picked up he's one of those reclaim projects Brad is so good at. He just may need some minutes he can count on.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

REPORT: CELTICS HAVE REACHED OUT TO SF CHASE BUDINGER Empty Re: REPORT: CELTICS HAVE REACHED OUT TO SF CHASE BUDINGER

Post by wideclyde Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:13 pm

Budinger may be ahead of James Young for one of our roster spots, but I might be a little better than Young, too.  I would hope that we can find better than both of these guys.

Right now Nader, Jackson and Holland would all get a spot ahead of either Budinger and Young if I were handing out spots.  I think that Bentil gets a spot and rotates between Boston and Maine with Jackson and Nader.  Young is not an NBA player yet (and may never be) and Budinger is not a good defender to get ahead of the slew of the other good, young guys. He seems to be a one trick pony who has not been even very good at his one trick for a couple of years now-at least not good enough to get decent minutes on a fairly weak team.

Those last couple of roster spots are going to require some tough decisions this year.

Last edited by wideclyde on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Now that's headline news. We already have about 7 carts - Where are the horses to pull them.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:46 pm

wideclyde wrote:Budinger may be ahead of James Young for one of our roster spots, but I might be a little better than Young, too.  I would hope that we can find better than both of these guys.

Right now Nader, Jackson and Holland would all get a spot ahead of either Budinger and Young if I were handing out spots.  I think that Bentil gets a spot and rotates between Boston and Maine with Jackson and Nader.  Young is not an NBA player yet (and may never be) and Budinger is not a good defender to get ahead of the slew of the other good, young guys. He seems to be a one trick pony who has not been even very good at his one trick for a couple of years now-at least not good enough to get decent minutes on a fairly weak team.

Those last couple of roster spots are going to require some tough decisions this year.

I never saw Holland in the summer league cames I was able to catch. Anybody know why? Is he hurt, gone or what?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:39 pm

Holland reported to the Celtics,thinking he was going to be playing in the summer league,but They told him to play with Puerto Rico in the Fiba qualyfing tournament ,because the y wanted him to report to the veterans training camp instead of the summer league team.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:15 pm

international wrote:Holland reported to the Celtics,thinking he was going to be playing in the summer league,but They told him to play with Puerto Rico in the Fiba qualyfing tournament ,because the y wanted him to report to the veterans training camp instead of the summer league team.

Thanks, international. haven`t seen him play , but I hear he can shoot.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:43 pm

Everyone wants to jump into the trade scene. Conspiracy theories, secret messages by certain emails posted, etc. Seems the Celtics Blog is insinuating that Danny, Management, and Stevens wen to San Diego instead of Boston after Las Vegas summer league. Danny posted a pix of a dead whale floating and all of a sudden it was a cryptic message. Also, IT posted pictures of his boys also in San Diego. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN??????????????????????????????????????

I say they took a few days off, what about you?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:52 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I say they took a few days off, what about you?

That's my guess as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:02 pm

I fully believe BobH every time when he says that "Ainge never sleeps" and with that thought I would bet that although Thomas and his family may have (??) been vacationing in San Diego I doubt that Ainge was with Stevens also on vacation in San Diego. Just too coincidental to have the GM, the head coach and their number one recruiter all in the exact same place for a "vacation".

But, that is one thing that I love about Ainge. He is always doing his management part to help the Celtics achieve #18. He may not need to put up 1000 jumpers a day any longer, but it is great to feel like he is always doing something for our team.

Relating to Holland.....he is already better than Young for a roster spot whether he played summer league or not.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:06 pm

At this point, I hate to say it, but almost anyone is better than Young. He looks like a zero on defense, hits shots when he is wide open and just does not seem to get it.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:01 pm

Yeah, maybe Danny is just out there because 2 of his kids live there (how gyso knows that kinda scares me) and maybe Brad just tagged along to be a 5th wheel.  Maybe.  On the other hand, it's mid-July.  School's out.  If this is just a "few well-deserved days off after a hectic 2 months" then why are there no reports of Brad's wife and two school-age children out in San Diego with him?  Considering how much he is away from them when the season starts you would think he'd take advantage of that time, like IT is with his kids.  And why is salary cap guru Mike Zarren in San Diego too?  Does he have no life either?  Remember, between Utah and Vegas, these 3 guys have been away from home for 2 weeks plus.

Coincidences?  Only if you believe in them.  I believe in Cause-and-Effect.  I believe there is a reason, a "cause", why those 3 men all ended up in the same place at the same time when there is no obvious explanation.  San Diego is very nice but so are a lot of places in the Caribbean and Florida, and they are much closer to Stevens' and Zarren's families than SoCal.

Trader Danny Never Sleeps.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down